Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Its Flu Season, who's getting the shot?

Since the dreaded flu season is coming I was wondering who here is getting the shot? every year for many years I have gotten the shot, and also my kids. we have been able to avoid the bad flu for many years now and are looking to get in next week, for this years shots. I hear so many say they get the flu after there shot, I did one year, but of course it only lasted a few days, unlike the flu which can last several days to weeks!
    I have been trying to get in already fo the shot, but so far only one place got it in and its for there patients only. Any one here get theres Yet?

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Re: Its Flu Season, who's getting the shot?

Okay, first of all, your avatar scares me

Second, I am definitely getting the flu shot. I know that getting it is no guarantee that I won't get the flu but I have gotten it two years in a row and I wouldn't even wish it on my worst enemy. I had never gotten it before and so I thought it couldn't be that bad... well, it isn't that bad, it's worse!

My two youngest daughters got theirs on Friday (and did very well, I might add) and I will get it at work in November. My oldest daughter never, ever gets sick (even that first year when the other 4 of us had the flu, she never even had a sniffle!) and she's terrified of shots, so she won't be getting one. Hubby can get one at work, so I'm leaving that up to him.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• WARNING!

Not yet. My company usually provides them, (last year was an exception due to the shortage), but they haven't anounced anything yet. If they do, I will get it... If I'm left to go get one on my own, I'll never get around to it. I'm lazy about things like that.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

I will get one, I get them free because I have diabetes & high blood pressure.
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

• For old time sake

I used to get them when I worked in a hospital. Last yr I got one cause my boss insisted, so being that he's irish, I didn't argue. Not sure about this yr though
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Minion

Probably not. Our kids rarely if ever get the flu, and when my wife and I do get it (we usually do every year), it passes pretty quickly....like in a day or two.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I'll be getting one, I have really bad asthma and fall under "high risk" at Kaiser. My youngest also is still listed as high risk so he'll get one too. My oldest is pretty lucky, he doesn't get sick that often, knock on wood, but he'll get one too.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

We aren't but my family rarely gets sick. Also, last year the people I knew that got the flu shot, got the flu and the people who didn't....didn't get the flu.

I'm trusting my instinct on this one.

• Iron-Clad Allie

I had my shot a couple of weeks ago, and had a mild reaction of the flu a couple of hours later. I went to bed early, and was over it when I arose the next day. With all of the new strains each year (and sometimes limited amounts of serum), it's ever more important to be vaccinated.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 10-24-2005 at 09:15 AM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    I had my shot a couple of weeks ago, and had a mild reaction of the flu a couple of hours later. I went to bed early, and was over it when i arose the next day. With all of the new streins each year (and sometimes limited amounts of syrem), it's ever more important to be vaccinated.

AMEN!!!
    I know you can get a mild form of this, but man I see some people have the flu so bad they feel like dying. The hospitals are full of people with it and my theory is why take that chance? my kids have been getting the shot since they were toddlers. I fear as little as they are they could really suffer. My kids have asma also, me diebetes and asma. Yeah I advocate the shot big time!!!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Right On!!!

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    I see some people have the flu so bad they feel like dying.
    This was me, I swear to you. My youngest daughter had it at the same time as me and she was just a few days over 1-year-old. She had this thing, she only wanted to be with Mommy. So, we laid in bed together for days on end and I just wanted to be put out of my misery. I remember she had to be touching me, so she had her little tiny foot propped up on my thigh and it felt like her foot weighed 50 lbs, yet I was too sore to move at all. Ugh, it was horrible! Like I said, I know that getting the shot doesn't guarantee not getting the flu - but if I get it again, or my kids do, at least this time I know that I did what I could to prevent it. Last time, we hadn't gotten shots or done anything.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Yep - got appts for next week!

• I'm your huckleberry.

I actually hadn't thought about the shot until I read this thread. I had the flu a couple of years ago, and that was three weeks of hell I can tell you! Hmmmm, maybe I should call the dr. to find out when to go there and get shot!

• Still wants to be a cat!

Got mine last week, felt drained the next day, but that was it.

A couple of years ago I got one and thought I was going to die, must have been the strain that year, cause I that time I'd swore to never get one again!

Doctor insisted this year if I was around a lot of people, and with Wolfette's school and Disneyland, I guess that qualifies.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast