Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Parents (and everyone) - please read this.

As some of you know I work out of my boss' house, so you get to know the neighbors pretty well. I found out that the 15 year old girl that lives across the street killed herself over the weekend. They dont believe its was a suicide, just her looking for a new "high".

Her folks got divorced a few years ago and she never dealt with it well apparently. I guess she's been "experimenting" with pot, and was a "cutter" (if you're not sure what that is, it's when you purposely cut yourself with an item). I guess they found her asphixiated with a belt around her neck in her room Friday night.

Parents, or people with loved ones with kids, please pay attention to the warning signs. If a neighbor express' concern that their child might be doing something harmful to themselves because their child told them so, dont say "mind your own business" (this unfortunately happened with the girls mother and another neighbor who has a son who was best friends with her) look into it more closely.

And please, just love your kids. I may not have them, but I can certainly feel the loss of the family and it saddens me to no end. My heart bleeds for them, it's such a terible tragedy.

• For old time sake

Re: Parents (and everyone) - please read this.

O-Nut I am so sorry to hear this. Such a tragedy!!!!! I agree, that parents need to pay attention to the signs, especially divorced parents. These things are simply cries for help. My heart is breaking over this story
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Oh that is just so unbelievably sad, my heart goes out to the family.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Minion

What a sad and terrible thing! Thank you for posting this, Olympicnut...must have been a very difficult thing to share.

Tonight it's extra, extra hugs for my two little ones. They're so precious and important to me, I don't know what I'd do if I lost one or both to something as senseless and horrible as this.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

That's terrible, its sad that they didn't recognize their daughter needed help before this happened. My heart goes out to the family.

• WARNING!

Great advice O-Nut.

What tragic news.

I have 3 teenagers and I know how tough it can be at that age. My wife and I try hard show our love for our own children and to get to know all of our kid's friends. We chat with them often when they're visiting and discuss everything from school to relationships. I think they appreciate it that we have an interest in them. My wife has this great way of breaking thru their defenses and striking up conversations. The more comfortable they get, the more open they become. They realize that we are not judging them, only that we care.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

This is so unbelievably sad. Too many parents aren't really there for their kids. Mine aren't teenagers yet and still share everything, I can only hope to continue to know them as well as I do and that they will always feel like they can share these things with me and do so.

My heart goes out to that family and their neighbors, I just can't even imagine.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

O-nut, I'm so terribly sorry.
    My thoughts go out to all who were involved in the girl's life. What a terrible tragedy.
    It's always good to get a reminder to take care and keep track of those who mean the world to you!

• Original Mice-Chatter

sometimes you don't see it coming though- it's good to watch, but sometimes....it just happens.

(and I would know- I can still see my sons slit wrists with vivid clarity- and I never saw it coming)

• I'm your huckleberry.

What a terrible story O-nut!

Here's a website from the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention with some of the more common signs of suicidal thoughts. Since not all of them are commonly associated with suicide, I think its a good idea for anyone to read and be familiar with the signs.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I still just cant stop thinking about this poor family. UGH, makes me sick.

My oldest niece had similar issues. She was a cutter, which eventually led to drug use (heroin to be exact) plus some otehr not so good things I wont go into. Not sure what happened exactly, but something did and she stopped it all, got help, and now is a happily married mother with a new baby on the way. I just wish this poor girl didnt go so far as to end her young life, regardless of it being an accident or not.

• Again! Again! Again!

That's so sad. My thoughts are with the family. So tragic to die so young!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Huh?

Asphyxiation is actually one of the leading killers among teens now... trying to go into near death for the greatest sexual "pleasure." Especially popular among males...

Unfortunately, stuff like that isn't necessarily something that you can usually see signs of since it's not necessarily out of depression or drugs.
    -Tim

• Incognito

Blog Entries

My mom just called me and said there was a story on her (Sasha) on ABC7 at 6pm this evening. I guess it had her mom Kay talking about what happened and urging parents to pay closer attention to their kids etc etc. Did anyone in LA by chance see it? I missed it so I am going to see if any other news programs had it. The memorial was this evening, burial Saturday. Still such a sad story.

• R.I.P. Mandy

That is so sad.
    Introducing- The Geek Tutorial! The new informational webseries on computers and the geekiness of life.

Screw eHarmony- I met my soulmate at Star Trek: The Experience.

Random funny exchange from Star Trek: The Experience:

BF: "If you take any photos on the attraction, we will shoot you with a phaser."
    Guest: "On stun?"
    BF: "Maybe....."
    Me: "I wouldn't trust him."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast