• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Thanksgiving at a restaurant?

Ok, so I got a call from my dad last night informing me that he and my stepmom will be driving out to OC to see me over Thanksgiving and rather than me making Thanksgiving dinner, they want me to make reservations to eat at a restaurant. Does anyone have any suggestions? They came out two years ago and we went to 21 Oceanfront in Newport Beach. I'm open to anywhere in South County or even up in the Anaheim/Disneyland area. All suggestions are welcome

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: Thanksgiving at a restaurant?

Have you thought about the Thanksgiving Buffet at the DLH? I've heard wonderful things about it, we debated doing that this year as a matter of fact!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

What about the buffet they have @ DL hotel!! We have enjoyed the hours of eat-fest + photo ops. Food was great!!! A little $$ but worth it for the amount of time spent there. When with a group at times some of us would walk around outside or shop to stretch your legs. They had a fruit craver who show you how he craved.
    it was great!! been there for Mother's day and Easter also.
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• insufferable know-it-all

I was just about to suggest the Thanksgiving buffet! Good call, that! Try to get in on the first seating, because they seem to only fill half the place per hour (I guess to establish a nice even turnover?), so for that first hour all the characters and musicians have only half the people (you!) to visit. Great experience!

Barring that, try calling Billy's on the Beach in Newport. It's ridiculously close to where Newport hits PCH (go south, it's just a block or so up on the right). Not cheap, but the food is indecently good You'll have to call to see if they'll be open. Nice view of the water.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

ok, any more info on the thanksgiving buffet on the web? I kind of like that idea personally.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Minion

Mr. Stox on Katella (between the 57 and State College) does a wonderful meal on Thanksgiving. There are 5 choices for entree (traditional turkey with all the sides, prime rib, stuffed pork chop, salmon and a vegetarian pasta thing) and dessert and soup or salad.

It is reasonably priced for a fine restaurant. Entree prices vary with the pasta being the cheapest, turkey dinner was around $24 a couple years ago with the beef being the most expensive at around $28.

It's a very popular destination for many locals and sells out every year.

http://www.mrstox.com/location.html

• Again! Again! Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    Barring that, try calling Billy's on the Beach in Newport. It's ridiculously close to where Newport hits PCH (go south, it's just a block or so up on the right). Not cheap, but the food is indecently good You'll have to call to see if they'll be open. Nice view of the water.
    Hey, I know that place REALLY well. They are open on Thanksgiving. They have full turkey dinner and it's pretty tasty. In fact, I can probably hook you up if that's what you decide!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• I'm your huckleberry.

My family always does Thanksgiving at a resturaunt because of my mom's crazy work schedule (she's a nurse). We usually do something boring like Marie Callender's. If you can sell your folks on DLH, I say go for it!

• Circle of Ancients

Mmmm ... Thanksgiving!!!

I don't have any suggestions as I don't live in OC ... but I'm hungry all of the sudden.

• no flash photography...

I don't have suggestions, but I quit my last serving job when they said we were goign to be open for thanksgiving with all you can eat turkey....yeah....I'm out of here...LOL

I'll be doing the Thanksgiving Buffett tour in Las Vegas!

However, from past experience, Thanksgiving in restaurants is soooooo great. No one is left in the kitchen doing all the work. It makes going to sit in front of the TV to nap difficult. I found that it helps the "family atmosphere" and keep things from turning crazy.

• Still wants to be a cat!

I'm doing the Buffet in the Grand Ballroom at the DLH, there is a thread on this, but I'm lazy and not going to find it for you. It's because of that thread that I went ahead and made reservations......
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Winter in Oceanside...

We're doing dinner at Storytellers... again.. this year. They have great food too if you can't get into the DLH Ballroom buffet.

• A Pirate's life for me!

We've had the T-Day Buffet at the DL Hotel (where we also stay for the week) for the last three years. It can't be beat!

We've also done the Easter and Mother's Day Feast there as well.

Just call Disney Dining and make your reservations.

You haven't lived until you attack their dessert bar! And that's after you attack the cracked crab and shrimp bowls!

Step up to the plate...You can do it!