Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1

    • MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oakland CA
    Posts
    5,731
    Blog Entries
    3

    Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

    Just curious as to see who all has participated or is planning to participate in Disneyland's / Disney Worlds latest promotion? Ms. Oogie and I are currently making blankets for the homeless for it. It's for a good cause and I get to use the voucher for the Gumball Rally.

  2. #2

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Anacortes, WA
    Posts
    8,618
    Blog Entries
    82

    Re: Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

    The problem I have with this is the charities I work for isn't part of the program. I raise guide dogs for Guide Dogs of the Desert and service dogs for Summit Assistance Dogs, more than 1 day. It's a good idea though...

  3. #3

    • pronounced, Casey Jr. 1
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    12,714

    Re: Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

    Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    The problem I have with this is the charities I work for isn't part of the program. I raise guide dogs for Guide Dogs of the Desert and service dogs for Summit Assistance Dogs, more than 1 day. It's a good idea though...
    i dont know anyone who has done it yet.

    but I like what you do knittingknerd

  4. #4

    • A Pirate's life for me!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    top half of CA
    Posts
    3,947

    Re: Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

    We volunteered at a park a few weeks ago for about three hours. A co-worker of mine and her family of four also did the same. There was well over a hundred Disney Voluntears there that day.

    We've already printed up our six vouchers and are getting ready to head to the Park!

    Easy money!!!

  5. #5

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1

    Re: Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

    @piratemickey. how long did it take for you to get the tickets? i have signed up for a day to clean the beaches but we are planning to go within 2 weeks and i just wanted to know if that was enough time.

  6. #6

    • youtube.com/micahglitters
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    153

    Re: Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

    I am volunteering next week at a park here in sf. im doing it with my friend and partner.

    to everyone else who volunteered in a park: what was it like? im not super handy with yard work and im nervous my ineptitude will show when im there.

    haha, i wanted to work with kids, but since i work at a school anyway i had to work during all the available times anyway.
    "The magic is as wide as a smile and as narrow as a wink, loud as laughter and quiet as a tear, tall as a tale and deep as emotion. So strong, it can lift the spirit. So gentle, it can touch the heart. It is the magic that begins the happily ever after." ~ An imagineer

    http://www.facebook.com/micahcard

  7. #7

    •   
    • My liver hurts!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    24 miles from Disneyland
    Posts
    1,210

    Re: Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

    I thought the promotion to get a day at the park admission was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

  8. #8

    • youtube.com/micahglitters
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    153

    Re: Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

    it is, but if you signed up before it ended then youre stlll part of the first 1 million.
    "The magic is as wide as a smile and as narrow as a wink, loud as laughter and quiet as a tear, tall as a tale and deep as emotion. So strong, it can lift the spirit. So gentle, it can touch the heart. It is the magic that begins the happily ever after." ~ An imagineer

    http://www.facebook.com/micahcard

  9. #9

    • Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Clovis, Ca
    Posts
    13,191

    Re: Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

    Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie View Post
    Just curious as to see who all has participated or is planning to participate in Disneyland's / Disney Worlds latest promotion? Ms. Oogie and I are currently making blankets for the homeless for it. It's for a good cause and I get to use the voucher for the Gumball Rally.
    hey that's exactly what we're doing! we're making blankets and using the voucher for the gumball rally!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

  10. #10

    • A Pirate's life for me!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    top half of CA
    Posts
    3,947

    Re: Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

    Quote Originally Posted by jillmcpeek View Post
    @piratemickey. how long did it take for you to get the tickets? i have signed up for a day to clean the beaches but we are planning to go within 2 weeks and i just wanted to know if that was enough time.








    We got the email with the tix attached within a week of the voluntear event.

    Just print them up and go!

  11. #11

    • A Pirate's life for me!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    top half of CA
    Posts
    3,947

    Re: Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

    Quote Originally Posted by micahglitters View Post
    I am volunteering next week at a park here in sf. im doing it with my friend and partner.

    to everyone else who volunteered in a park: what was it like? im not super handy with yard work and im nervous my ineptitude will show when im there.








    VERY easy!

    The chores vary from picking up trash with one of those handheld claw things to raking leaves and pruning bushes.

    The park supplied the gloves, tools, bottled water and plenty of snacks.

    All that plus free tix to DL!

    What more could you ask for!!!

  12. #12

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    326

    Re: Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

    We did it. We gave blood! We do a lot of volunteering, but have never given blood. Too squeamish! But, the GAD GAD program gave us an opportunity to overcome our nervousness and try it. I don't think my husband will do it again, he was so nervous his blood pressure shot up and he almost was disqualified!! But I found it to be easier than I expected, and will probably do it again in the future, which, I guess, was the point of the program. To get people out and doing something they normally wouldn't do!!

  13. #13

    • I see mouse people
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Too far from Disneyland
    Posts
    3,768
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

    We're registered and confirmed and in the process of making our blankets for people in distress. We wanted something my son could do, and it was difficult finding programs that accepted 7 year olds.

  14. #14

    • youtube.com/micahglitters
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    153

    Re: Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    VERY easy!

    The chores vary from picking up trash with one of those handheld claw things to raking leaves and pruning bushes.

    The park supplied the gloves, tools, bottled water and plenty of snacks.

    All that plus free tix to DL!

    What more could you ask for!!!

    awesome! so i can do good without learning a new trade! haha, bangin! thanks so much!

    i cant wait to go to disneyland!!!
    "The magic is as wide as a smile and as narrow as a wink, loud as laughter and quiet as a tear, tall as a tale and deep as emotion. So strong, it can lift the spirit. So gentle, it can touch the heart. It is the magic that begins the happily ever after." ~ An imagineer

    http://www.facebook.com/micahcard

  15. #15

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Now a WDW Local!
    Posts
    20,520
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Give a day, Get a Disney Day... who's done it?

    We tried but the company didn't get back to us and now the program is closed.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Give a Day. Get a Disney Day.
    By DannyLand in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 12:09 AM
  2. Weinstein's give Disney 'Nine' business
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 10:46 AM
  3. Did Disney give up already?
    By Pizzapants in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-16-2007, 04:12 PM
  4. Give Disney Money?
    By WaltsFavorite02 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 06:28 PM
  5. Give me Disney, or give me death
    By Bass Shakers in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2005, 07:02 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •