• R.I.P. Mandy

Those darn freakin' cable boxes!

I need to vent. It's taken me a week to get a new DVR cable box that appears to be working well.

The first box I got, the DVR wouldn't work at all. So I had to schedule for someone to come out and fix it. Turns out the box is defective, so the guy hooks up another one. The second box I get, the On Demand wasn't working, so I had to get another guy to come out (this one came today). The second box was defective as well, so a third one gets hooked up. Right before the guy left, I checked to see if the DVR worked. Guess what? It didn't. So the guy had to go out and get yet another cable box and hook that up. Now, everything seems to be working okay, and I'm praying to the cable gods that it stays that way.

Why must cable boxes be so difficult?
    Introducing- The Geek Tutorial! The new informational webseries on computers and the geekiness of life.

Screw eHarmony- I met my soulmate at Star Trek: The Experience.

Random funny exchange from Star Trek: The Experience:

BF: "If you take any photos on the attraction, we will shoot you with a phaser."
    Guest: "On stun?"
    BF: "Maybe....."
    Me: "I wouldn't trust him."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Those darn freakin' cable boxes!

It was probably made in China.

• Banned User

I am wondering why the guy did not test it the first time. Our cable guys never leave before checking every possible thing on the box/tv. That the pits Sally ! I just got a year of show time and the movie channel free. I am so freaking happy I could scream. now I wish there was something acually good to watch on them !

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Sally, you might want to push for them to check the line going into the house. We had the same problem and they tried the box is defective thing too. All we kepy saying was, with 3 different boxes and they are all defective? Make sure you ask them as ours turned out to be a semi disconnected wire that was losing signal.

Good luck!

• Again! Again! Again!

I kinda feel that way about our cable for high speed internet. We just had problems and they had to come to the house 3 times before we finally got it working. Then I had computer problems, so I had to get that fixed and when I got my computer back, the wireless card didn't work. It was a nightmare honestly! Now we're on Verizon FiOs! It's awesome!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy4
    I kinda feel that way about our cable for high speed internet. We just had problems and they had to come to the house 3 times before we finally got it working. Then I had computer problems, so I had to get that fixed and when I got my computer back, the wireless card didn't work. It was a nightmare honestly! Now we're on Verizon FiOs! It's awesome!
    ummm was the computer a dell by any chance hee hee hee hee

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

In the past week- I have had the cable company out 3 times to fix something that should have been very easy!!! SO I feel your pain!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• R.I.P. Mandy

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy4
    Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink
    In the past week- I have had the cable company out 3 times to fix something that should have been very easy!!! SO I feel your pain!
    I think we need to form the Micechat Fed Up With Defective Cable Equipment Alliance.
    Introducing- The Geek Tutorial! The new informational webseries on computers and the geekiness of life.

Screw eHarmony- I met my soulmate at Star Trek: The Experience.

Random funny exchange from Star Trek: The Experience:

BF: "If you take any photos on the attraction, we will shoot you with a phaser."
    Guest: "On stun?"
    BF: "Maybe....."
    Me: "I wouldn't trust him."