Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• So!

Electronic Voice Phenomena

Here's a brief explanation:
    E.V.P stands for Electronic Voice Phenomena. This Phenomena occurs when the voices of a Spirit interrupt an Electro Magnetic Field,"E.M.F's", so inturn using audio tape i.e. from a micro cassette recorder reveals these voices where as before they could not be heard by a human ear. It is the same way with a dog-whistle, the dog in this case being the audio recorder. We as humans cannot pick up the sound of this dog-whistle because the frequency is to high. The dog, on the other hand can, because its ear drum is designed for hearing higher frequencies. The audio recorder uses magnets to record onto tape when an Electro Magnetic field is interrupted such as when paranormal activity occurs. This inturn effects the tape i.e."E.V.P"
    If you believe in ghosts or spirits and you know someplace that is haunted or known to be haunted, you should try this out. All you need is just a regular hand-held cassette recorder. I tried this once, and I believe I caught something on tape. Just walk around and record anything and everything you think might be a good spot to record at. After the day is over, review the tape and see if you caught anything.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: Electronic Voice Phenomena

Ive seen this done on tv, kinda creepy but it's sort of like, in my mind, unless -I- am the one doing the recording how do I know they just didnt make it up, ya know?

Regardless, I'm always fascinated by parapsychology.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Yeah I use to have one of those things Murphy. I wa sto creeped out to use it as a recording device to capture disembodied spirit voices on it though. The Movie "White Noise" is about this technique. They said that in the film, all the voice recordings are of the spirits of people who really died.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

yeah, just watch the extras on the White Noise dvd...they show people actually peforming EVP experiments...creeeepy stuff....it's also mentioned in the Sixth Sense (think of the scene with Bruce Willis, the recording of one of this pateint's sessions, and a spanish dialogue in the background).

• So!

Quote Originally Posted by MissChristine
    just watch the extras on the White Noise dvd
    Boy, I should really start looking at what pop culture is up to...I haven't seen a new movie in over a year.

• no flash photography...

they had evp's all over the net when they were looking for Lacy Peterson...one of them said in the bay and gave a location very close to where they found her. This was weeks before the found her. I know the body was washed on the beach, btu the location they saw what they belived to be her body was very close to what the EVP voice had said weeks before. That was creepy, but could have been fake as well...it still creeped me out.

They're fascinating. Creepy, but fascinating. I'm not sure I believe the EVP in White Noise are genuine; seems too clear to be genuine. Most of the EVP I have heard are pretty tough to hear. The section of bonus features was pretty creepy though, with the real ones?

That movie creeped me out. Not easily done. I liked it.

I got to try this sometime.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl
    They're fascinating. Creepy, but fascinating. I'm not sure I believe the EVP in White Noise are genuine; seems too clear to be genuine. Most of the EVP I have heard are pretty tough to hear. The section of bonus features was pretty creepy though, with the real ones?

That movie creeped me out. Not easily done. I liked it.

I got to try this sometime.
    I actually believe they are. The Noise was probably enhanced though so you can hear it. Anyway here is why I find it genuine. The family members of the deceased who have their voices on tape after their death were on several talk shows. They talked about how the EVP's of their deceased family members were featured in the film.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Where's Oogie Boogie on this one? I'm sure he has some first-hand knowledge on EVP's and how/if they are legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    I actually believe they are. The Noise was probably enhanced though so you can hear it. Anyway here is why I find it genuine. The family members of the deceased who have their voices on tape after their death were on several talk shows. They talked about how the EVP's of their deceased family members were featured in the film.
    Huh. Seems like an odd thing to do. I'll take your word for it though.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy
    Boy, I should really start looking at what pop culture is up to...I haven't seen a new movie in over a year.
    Trust me on this, you do not want to watch this, unless you have a bout of insomnia. It's boring as heck.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    Where's Oogie Boogie on this one? I'm sure he has some first-hand knowledge on EVP's and how/if they are legit.
    I'm here. Sorry but I've been doing end of the month reports at work.

I've gotten a few EVP's in my time, but you really have to be careful when you do it as you must have a controled environment. The best way to do it is to have 2-3 people around to do it. One person is the question taker and the other person(s) have stopwatches with notepads and pens. Once the recorder is started the people with the stopwatches start recording the time. The only noises you should be hearing from this time til the person doing the questioning turns off the recorder is the person asking the questions. Since keeping a environment noise free is impossible, the people with the stop watches listen for any other noises and when they hear it, write down what the noise was and exactly what time they heard it.

With playback you have to weed out the background noises along with anything else you might get due to atmospheric conditions. One time I was doing a investigation in San Rafael at the art center there, I did some EVP in totally quiet room, but when I listened to the tape afterward, I got Brittany Spears singing on it. Turns out there was a radio tower nearby and due to the storm that was going on, it amplified the signal so much my tape recorder was able to pick it up. A good thing to listen for is static. If you can hear static, turn it up and listen very carefully as to what is in it.

3 examples of EVP that I have gotten:

1) At the Lone Tree Cemetary in Hayward CA, there is a area in the back called Pioneer Circle. The graves date back to the late 1800's, and were apparently the founding families of the Fairview district of Hayward. One of the graves held a guy from Germany who died in the early 1900's. While taking a few pictures of it I started talking to it in the limited German that I remember from high school. When I got home I heard my voice say Guten Tag, then I got a static and in it I heard a elderly voice say 'Guten Nacht'. It was very errie.

2) At the Spellbinding Tales Bookstore in Alameda Ca, I was again doing some EVP with my limited german. The site used to be a german grocerier and they believe that the owner of it is still there. The grocerier closed down in the early 1900's as well. I ran out of stuff to say so I said "Et tu parle francais"? When we played the tape back we didn't get anything until I asked if the spirit spoke french. Immedietly after asking that the recording got all staticy and a deep voice that sounded very angry said 'No!'

On my groups website of http://www.ghost-trackers.org , we have some evp that if anyone would like to listen to, they can. We have a good recording there from an event we attended at the Winchester Mystery House of a old lady's voice saying 'Get Out".
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• I'm your huckleberry.

Thanks Oogie! I knew you'd have some interesting info on EVP's!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

I forgot the last EVP example....

At The Whaley House in San Diego. at the back part of the house in the kitchen we tried doing some EVP. We asked if there was anyone there and do they have anything to say to us. When we played the tape back we got static right after we said this. In the static we heard a womans voice say 'Help Me'. We felt it was either one of 2 people. The first was Thomas Whaleys daughter who commited suicide in the back yard, the second was a young girl who died when she crushed her windpipe while running into a clothesline she apparently didn't see.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• UH..LIKE DUH..

Wouldnt it be funny if it was just intercepting cell phone calls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast