Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

don't make fun of meeeeeeee mom!

My boyfriend and my parents ALWAYS teases me for being so in love with anything Disney; and teases me especially that I am a regular on a Disneyland forum (I.E.MICEHCAT!). Am I the only one that gets teased for this? (Of course..its lovingly..not mean teasing

• Pirate

Re: don't make fun of meeeeeeee mom!

Hahahaha Well when I go to the parks with my wife and other couples or friends and family, my wife used to get mad at me for my running commentary of everything Disney (I was like a tour guide.) Now the people that we are with are hearing it for the first time but my wife is hearing it for the gagillionth time. But now I do it less and she has learned to tune me out. I don't know if that’s a good or a bad thing.

• Shifting cargo

I'm fortunate in the fact that my older brother is also a Disney fanatic, JFSebastian, and our parents recognize our live for Disney but really don't tease us with it much.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Banned User

haha there's not a day that goes by that I'm not on MiceChat, or talking about Disney. My parents give me a hard time about it, because I'm the only one in the family that looks into what's really going on in the parks. But they love Disney as well, so it's clearly all out of love.

No you aren't! My husband will be downstairs in a minute and will probably say something along the lines of "Are you chatting with mice again?" I have come to the conclusion that they are all jealous and I change a lot of minds once people who think that I am crazy travel with me to the parks.

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

My husband and my mom both tease me about it. When I whip out my iphone at a restaurant or something, it's immediately assumed that I'm "Micechattin' again". But it's all in good fun, and I don't blame them. I tease my husband for WOW just as much.

• Banned User

It's all jealousy... they're jealous cause they don't love Disney, cause they don't know whats goin on in the parks.... everyone wants to love Disney, I always went to Disneyland when I was younger and I hated it, I'm now proud to say that I love it... you shouldn't be shy or afraid to talk about it in public my seafood manager grew up 5 minutes away from Disneyland and went there all the time when he was younger, every week he said he was there, theres not a day at work that I see him and I don't mention something about the park, I'm not shy or scared about it, it actually makes for a good conversation

• Disneylander in Arizona!

My brother and my sister (especially my brother) tease me as lot for, liking Disneyland so much (since I'm a new member on Micechat it's just another thing to make fun of). It gets worse the closer we get to a trip because I start checking the daily forecasts, and trying my best to get up to the date park information as it becomes available (for refurbishment, shows, etc). I'm always the one who makes sure the dates are set in-stone (meaning the planned dates for the trip are ok for everyone), then I push them to book the hotel... and then there's the whole reminding them of when we can reserve our first night's dinner at Downtown Disney (on the first night it's a family tradition, we have a "fancy" family meal to commemorate our safe arrival at the Disneyland Resort)! So needless to say it's all in good fun, but it can get annoying (push comes to shove in the park they ask me questions and rely on the information I have with me at the time to make the trip a little less stressful, when you have nine people in party there's bound to be stress lol even in the magic kingdom).
    "It matters not how strait the gate how charged with Punishments the scroll I am the master of my fate I am the captain of my soul" -- W.E. Henley
    ***Next trip to the Disneyland® Resort***
    ***May 9, 2012***

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    My brother and my sister (especially my brother) tease me as lot for, liking Disneyland so much (since I'm a new member on Micechat it's just another thing to make fun of). It gets worse the closer we get to a trip because I start checking the daily forecasts, and trying my best to get up to the date park information as it becomes available (for refurbishment, shows, etc). I'm always the one who makes sure the dates are set in-stone (meaning the planned dates for the trip are ok for everyone), then I push them to book the hotel... and then there's the whole reminding them of when we can reserve our first night's dinner at Downtown Disney (on the first night it's a family tradition, we have a "fancy" family meal to commemorate our safe arrival at the Disneyland Resort)! So needless to say it's all in good fun, but it can get annoying (push comes to shove in the park they ask me questions and rely on the information I have with me at the time to make the trip a little less stressful, when you have nine people in party there's bound to be stress lol even in the magic kingdom).
    LOL! I know exactly what you're saying. Leading up to a trip I check the weather and the web AT LEAST daily to make sure I know what to expect. I'm always bugging people to get things set in stone. And everyone acts like I'm a crazy person.

BUT AS SOON AS WE GET THERE they turn to me for bathroom locales, food info, show times and schedules, ride closures, ride wait times, directions, etc. etc. So after making fun of me the whole time I'm planning, everyone stares at me like lost little puppies and waits for me to direct them all day!

But I love 'em. I really do.

• Queen of Sarcasm

My parents, well my whole family, made fun of me for liking Disney. They would always make comments and my uncle used to tell my mom, who knows nothing about computers, that Disney sites give viruses to your computer. She believes him to this day. But, none of them were making fun of me for the year and a half that I worked there. They then decided to try and kiss up to me so they could get into the park for free. Now, it is better. I have a lot of friends who like Disney and my boyfriend and I met while working at Disneyland. He makes fun of me for coming to MC but seems that he registered here a couple of years ago and is a willing participant when it comes to the Gumball Rally.

lol. nobody i know even knows what micechat is.

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

my sister does..but all in good fun...but the rest of my family no..cause ever since I was small I've been in with Disney..espcially Disneyland.
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• Please pull the yellowtab

I never thought it was unusual to check out MiceChat daily until my family started calling me 'obsessed'. MC has just become a part of my morning (and thereafter reprieval from work) routine. For me, it's similar to picking up a newspaper and keeping up with the latest headliners.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• Down Pluto!

"Teasing is a mild form of abuse trying to pass as friendly behavior". Tell them this, and to stop abusing you, and you promise to not snap and kill them in the middle of the night while they sleep.

Try to keep a straight, dead serious face while doing it.

After all, isn't turnabout fair play in teasing?

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

I don't take teasing very well. My husband loves to push my buttons. The best strategy for me is to ignore it, and he does less of it. Sometimes my husband will ask me "How are the MiceChatters?" The trouble is, he doesn't stay around long enough to hear the answer.

I try and respect other people's choices, and I expect the same in return. That doesn't seem to be the norm, though.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast