• Minion

Blog Entries

Hey lawyers! I have a question

Please don't charge me $100 a minute either. My aunt currently has legal custody of my two cousins. one just turned 13 and went crazy, threatening to kill herself, ect.

My aunt sent her to her dad's, hoping she would cool it. Outwardly she has however the psychologist has said she has "chocked herself" when she was with her dad. This is still a suicidal action and the father is trying to blame the mother. Clearly this is unrelated to who she lives with and the child needs help. While it is clearly important as it is her life, it is on the way side for now. While all of this is going on, there is a second daughter. The father wants full custody of the 13 year old and none of 1the 10 year old. He doesn't even claim her as his child any longer, yet her did until about a year ago.

Why do the courts not take this into account in deciding who would be the better parent? He is willing to totally give up one, for the other...that is cold. Not to mention the mental condition of the 13 year old has not changed since going to her father; in fact it seems to have worsened (She never hurt herself with her mother). I am just baffled by the judge they are with...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Re: Hey lawyers! I have a question

If you need a lawyer, get one. A Disneyland fan site is no place for a post like this. Seriously...wow
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tui View Post
    If you need a lawyer, get one. A Disneyland fan site is no place for a post like this. Seriously...wow
    even though is might not be the best place, most people here are very understanding and helpful with plenty of info.

Im sorry for the situation, I hope you find a good answer

• will-o-the-whip

You need an expert on family law in your state. Most lawyers specialize in a certain area in just one state. Post your question to a site like expertlaw and you should be able to get some general advice from someone who knows something about the intricacies of family law. From your question, I would think a lot more detail would be necessary to figure out why the judge ruled the way he did.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

I'm not that kind of lawyer, but this, like a lot of family law disputes, sounds like an ugly situation. On the legal issues, you probably should just stay out of it. Unless there is something more that you haven't mentioned, your input is unlikely to be appreciated, regardless of your good intentions. Try to be a friend to your cousin and let her know you are always there for her, and let the judge and your aunt and uncle sort the rest of it out.
    Fight On! Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch