My basic question is: once your student loans have been consolidated, can you switch to another company? What if, in the process of being bought out, thecompany unconsolidated them?

The story:

So, my student loan company has apparently changed AGAIN. The other times it was no big dela, but this one is strange. I have 2 private and 1 federal one.

They sent a letter saying that all of the loans couln't be consolidated together (even though they already had been before). They laso sent another letter explaining that not all of the loanscould be consolidated. So the priovate loans are split up into loan1 and loan 2. My federal one they didn't mention.

Anyway, this company seems very skeevy - their letter was obviously cut and pasted, and the letters are dated 2/25 and2/27, yet they only sent thm 3/8. They seem like they are trying to make it so I miss a payment via their tardiness. And they haven't even sent a payment coupon or tear off or whatever.

So is there any way I can move my loans to another company or am I SOL for the next 15 years or whenever this company gets bought our? :\