Thread: Unemployement

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

Thumbs down Unemployement

It sucks that so many people I know are out of a job. I mean it's just tragic...I see certain "people" at my job who don't deserve their job and yet they have one and more deserving people don't. I've heard of people who can't seem to catch a break when it comes to finding a job.

Sorry for ranting..but it's just that one of my ex co-workers was fired and now he can't get a job..and he is a swell guy who did NOT deserved to get fired.
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Re: Unemployement

I completely understand. Way more than I wish I did, believe me.

• Banned User

Well all we can do is look to the brightside and keep a postive mind that he'll be able to get a job soon.

Good luck to everyone whose down on thier luck right now, it can only get better.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by winder*wonder View Post
    Well all we can do is look to the brightside and keep a postive mind that he'll be able to get a job soon.

Good luck to everyone whose down on thier luck right now, it can only get better.
    i second that. it wont be overnight but it will get better.

• Merry 2014!

My brother has been out of work for a year and a half.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger?
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Infinitized!

My seasonal job is coming to an end tomorrow. The ski hill where I work at is closing for the season a little earlier this year due to a lack of customers... a sign of the times. I'm one of the lift attendants, but fortunately, I'll have a few extra days the following week to help with clean-up for the summer. I'm going to have to start looking for "career" work again. I'm also thinking about going back to university in the fall; something I should have done a couple of years ago and I could've been sitting here with a 2nd degree half completed.

• MC State Comptroller

It really sucks to be unemployed. I am currently collecting unemployment, and there's always a chance that it could be cut off or stopped.

Another thing people don't realize, and i kind of understand, is what my wife is going through. She is the head of her department and is being forced to choose two people to get rid of, plus cut back on other expenses. She also has to cover shifts of the hourly employees because the hospital has suspended overtime so she puts in 50-60 hours a week on top off deciding who to get rid of and its not easy. Plus with other things going on outside of work, it's a wonder she hasn't gone completely bonkers!
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by cositaluvsmickey View Post
    It sucks that so many people I know are out of a job. I mean it's just tragic...I see certain "people" at my job who don't deserve their job and yet they have one and more deserving people don't. I've heard of people who can't seem to catch a break when it comes to finding a job.

Sorry for ranting..but it's just that one of my ex co-workers was fired and now he can't get a job..and he is a swell guy who did NOT deserved to get fired.
    If he was fired, then he doesn't deserve the job. Did you mean he was laid off? Two very different things.

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TacAlert View Post
    If he was fired, then he doesn't deserve the job. Did you mean he was laid off? Two very different things.

No he was fired..but it was for political reasons which I can't say too much about..but put it this way..had certain people stuck up for him he wouldn't have been fired
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I was laid off at the end of August last year, and have been unemployed since. I've been looking for a job and having absolutely no luck. Thankfully, my husband works and I qualify for unemployment benefits, but it's scary. This is a rotten time to be looking for work, and it's hard all over.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    I was laid off at the end of August last year, and have been unemployed since. I've been looking for a job and having absolutely no luck. Thankfully, my husband works and I qualify for unemployment benefits, but it's scary. This is a rotten time to be looking for work, and it's hard all over.
    And they said in the news there's an economic recovery happening. I say BS to that.

We had a similiar thing happen at my work. One girl was laid off and another moved back into our department. Well, the one that was moved back didn't react all too thankfully for still having a job. We were all so miffed at loosing a team member and gaining someone who just complains constantly. Thankfully, she didn't show up to work one morning and we were able to hire back the girl who was laid off.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    What?! I tell everyone how much I love my Hyundai!

• Senior Minion

I too am unemployed. Have been. I have a job curse that follows me around. I find a good job, I get hired, I get a good number of hours every week for about 2-3 months, then my hours get cut in half, 2 weeks later, cut in half again until I have no hours and they say that they aren't busy enough to give me the hours I deserve, but yet everyone working there is complaining about too many hours.
    Been turning in 2-3 applications per week since early July and only 2 interviews.
    It's sad because funds are getting low now and i don't even buy anything!
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban