Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Within 78 miles of WDW...
    Posts
    8,864

    check this video out...

    Remember the one i had beofre... this is from a school..

    http://www.mjmorningshow.com/cc-comm...ticle_id=16347

    (Taken from a video phone they presume..)

    hosted and talked about curtist of the mjmorningshow..)

  2. #2

    • The Magics in the details
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    193
    this is an interesting case... I dont think there are any constitutional or legal grounds to allow the teacher immunity for his actions, just because he didn't know he was on tape. As for the teacher's behavior.. there was no assault and the student has no real "right" to remain sitting, since the school rules may provide for standing during the pledge or national anthem. Just some legal thoughts. I think if the student and the teacher don't really get along, they should separate them and move the student to another class.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

  3. #3

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my own demented world
    Posts
    3,561
    This is a prime example of how unrespectful today's youth has gotten. Granted the teacher was out of line but watching the way the students were acting.....sheesh. No wonder why this world is going all to hell. BTW if I had Sargeant Slaughter as my high school teacher like those kids...I would of made damn sure I was standing and quite.
    PirateMunkee

    Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

  4. #4

    • It's all nonsense
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    You'll never guess
    Posts
    2,552
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee
    BTW if I had Sargeant Slaughter as my high school teacher like those kids...I would of made damn sure I was standing and quite.
    I probably would have walked out just like that kid did. I understand that the kids were being unruley, but the teacher could have just called the principle or someone into the class or send the bad students to the principle. The teacher yelling wasn't going to do anything to help the situation.

  5. #5

    • Nice Guy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chula Vista, CA
    Posts
    2,470
    Blog Entries
    4
    I woud have been one of those students that did not stand. First, you truly can't force patriotism. If you don't feel it,saluting the flag is a mockery. Secondly, the teacher is not very good at his job. A teracher needs to motivate, not threaten. You can see a man that has lost control. The kid does have a right to sue the teacher and I hope he does. Just because he is a student, that does not me he gives up his rights. The teacher could be suspended or fired for jepordising the health of the student.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216





  6. #6

    • I like Cheese...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by KoH
    I woud have been one of those students that did not stand. First, you truly can't force patriotism. If you don't feel it,saluting the flag is a mockery. Secondly, the teacher is not very good at his job. A teracher needs to motivate, not threaten. You can see a man that has lost control. The kid does have a right to sue the teacher and I hope he does. Just because he is a student, that does not me he gives up his rights. The teacher could be suspended or fired for jepordising the health of the student.
    I respectfully disagree. I think this has more to do with poor behavior on the kids part that patriotism. If that was the issue the kids could have respectfully disagreed and filed a complaint. This teacher was clearly set up - the students were prepared to audio tape and video the whole thing.

    In my day, had we been that insobordinate we'd have been gone, then our parents would have layed into us when we got home. and we would probably have to do detention, which was on Saturdays.

    Today, many kids behave as they do because there they know that the teacher can't do anything to them, and parents are more likey to sue the school, rather than back up the discipline of the school.

    Can't damage poor johnny's self esteme after all.

  7. #7

    • Why do you keep talking?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Here, but not here here
    Posts
    3,649
    ^ I have to disagree with your disagreement (I've always wanted to say something like that). There is absolutely no reason why a teacher should pull out a chair from underneath a student for any reason. That's assault, whether the students were filming or not. He put the student in danger of physical harm, what if he didn't see him coming, or wasn't able to stand in time and fell and hurt himself. Would your response be the same?

    While I do agree that kids now a days can be disrespectful and rude, that's no excuse for the teacher's screaming and actions. He's obviously under a lot of stress and needs professional help if he can snap that easily as to a student not standing up for the pledge. What if the student should have happened to have been a Jehovah's Witness? I doubt the teachers actions would have differed if the camera wasn't there.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

  8. #8

    • I like Cheese...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Posts
    532
    I wasn't suggesting that he handled it completely correctly.

    I could never be a high school teacher - I'd probably physically harm someone that was that disrespectful to me. :devil:

    Frankly, this is one of those cases where it definately used to be better. Even 20 years ago it was way different where I went to school. If you behaved like that the teacher would call security and they physically drag you from the class if that was what they needed to do.

    Sorry, but IMHO there is nothing wrong with a little rough handeling if it is called for. I would have tried not to lose it like that teacher, because that is want the students want, but consider this. If the teached had simply told the student to leave and he refused, what then? just let him sit there? we worry way too much about that sort of thing today, and we are raising kids that have no concept of appropriate behavior, or how to handle things in the real world, because they learn that there are no negative consequences because if there were it might damage their self-esteme.

    Did the teacher handle the situation correctly? not completely, no. Are the kids at fault? Yes, but they learned that behaviior from a flawed system that needs to be corrected.
    Last edited by Whatever; 03-04-2005 at 06:43 PM.

  9. #9

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,797
    Was this the room for all the kids who were always in trouble? That teacher needed to yell at them for some reason, even before the national anthem was being played. I had Teachers who threw friends against Wall Coat hangers. But there has to be another reason why this Teacher yells at these kids. What was the WHOLE STORY.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

  10. #10

    • The Magics in the details
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by KoH
    I woud have been one of those students that did not stand. First, you truly can't force patriotism. If you don't feel it,saluting the flag is a mockery. Secondly, the teacher is not very good at his job. A teracher needs to motivate, not threaten. You can see a man that has lost control. The kid does have a right to sue the teacher and I hope he does. Just because he is a student, that does not me he gives up his rights. The teacher could be suspended or fired for jepordising the health of the student.
    I'd be interested to know which grounds the student would sue on? Defamation of Character, Unnecessarty Use of Force? While the teacher was out of line, so was the student. You're right, you can't force patriotism, BUT the school does have the right to set RULES and REGULATIONS. One of these rules may be standing during the pledge...granted you can't force someone to sing, or place their hand over their heart, but there is no underlying meaning to the student that would prevent them from standing up. Yes, the teacher shouldn't have pulled the chair out, but he didn't contact the student, and there was no injury, so pressing charges would be very difficult, let alone expecting a favorable verdict from a judge.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

  11. #11

    • My Children's Father
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Island in the Sun
    Posts
    1,497
    I find it somewhat hypocritical that someone who would not stand in support of their country would even think of taking advantage of the benefits of that country, specifically the right to seek damages in a civil court of law.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

  12. #12

    • I like Cheese...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda
    I find it somewhat hypocritical that someone who would not stand in support of their country would even think of taking advantage of the benefits of that country, specifically the right to seek damages in a civil court of law.
    F'n A buddy.

  13. #13

    • Nice Guy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chula Vista, CA
    Posts
    2,470
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda
    I find it somewhat hypocritical that someone who would not stand in support of their country would even think of taking advantage of the benefits of that country, specifically the right to seek damages in a civil court of law.
    \

    Because you need to seperate the acts of the citizen to protest what he considers unjust and unwarranted actions to the basic rights given to every American in this country. The saluting of a flag goes back many centuries to a time when lands were ruled by tyrants and the people were forced to pledge their allegiance to the monarch.
    If you feel that a person should lose their rights in the exersising of them, you must consider your own ethics.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216





  14. #14

    • My Children's Father
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Island in the Sun
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by KoH
    \

    Because you need to seperate the acts of the citizen to protest what he considers unjust and unwarranted actions to the basic rights given to every American in this country.
    Huh? Could you rephrase that?

    Quote Originally Posted by KoH
    \
    The saluting of a flag goes back many centuries to a time when lands were ruled by tyrants and the people were forced to pledge their allegiance to the monarch.
    If you feel that a person should lose their rights in the exersising of them, you must consider your own ethics.
    Saying the pledge or otherwise expressing allegiance to the country means, in my mind, expressing allegiance to the people of the country. A country is neither the infrastructure that it resides on nor the government that makes, interprets, or enforces the laws of the land. To me, when you say "scr** the flag", you're saying "scr** Giant Panda (et al)!" So you can imagine my response when you ask me to take two weeks out of my life to sit on a jury to hear you plead your case, or to contribute my taxes to paying the court staff and retiring the bond to pay for the courthouse, or to have my tax dollars that were earmarked for education going to pay your damage claim . . .
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

  15. #15

    • Nice Guy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chula Vista, CA
    Posts
    2,470
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda
    Huh? Could you rephrase that?
    In other words, you need to view the picture not as someone being unpatriotic more as someone that is exercising their rights as an A,erican citizen.


    Saying the pledge or otherwise expressing allegiance to the country means, in my mind, expressing allegiance to the people of the country. A country is neither the infrastructure that it resides on nor the government that makes, interprets, or enforces the laws of the land. To me, when you say "scr** the flag", you're saying "scr** Giant Panda (et al)!" So you can imagine my response when you ask me to take two weeks out of my life to sit on a jury to hear you plead your case, or to contribute my taxes to paying the court staff and retiring the bond to pay for the courthouse, or to have my tax dollars that were earmarked for education going to pay your damage claim . . .
    I stand behind the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. I will gladly pledge my alligance to those documents., The flag is just a gilded icon that is used to denote the country of origin. In California, the flag is flown beside the Mexican flag in a lot of places. Who should those people pledge their alligance to. The flag says nothing.. it is based on the whim of our government. maybe as soon as we get a government that cares more about the people that live in the county, I might feel differently about saluting a flag that supposedly represents our country.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Creepy Voice in Video? Check it out!
    By SummerInFL in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 09:26 PM
  2. Check this video out!
    By TDLFAN in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 05:59 PM
  3. Check out my Typhoon Lagoon video!
    By Bad Wolf in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 06:38 PM
  4. Check out my Disneyland video!
    By Bad Wolf in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 11:41 AM
  5. Check out this video....
    By Darkbeer in forum Lost Boys
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 11:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •