• Soy una Cornquistadora!

Hitchhiking Ghosts come out to socialize

According to this article, other than Gus, Ezra, and Phineas, ghosts really do hitchhike outside of Disney property!

"In 1965, May Doria from Oklahoma decided to visit her sister, who lived 60 kilometers from her. ?I was driving along the highway, and when I passed by a school building, I saw a boy. The boy was standing next to a roadside; he was hitchhiking. He looked like he was eleven years old. I felt sorry for him: he was standing by the road alone, without a jacket, and it was pretty chilly that evening. I stopped near him, opened the door of my car, and then offered him a ride. He sat next to me. We were driving and chatting about stupid things that strangers usually talk about. He was a good boy; he had very nice way of talking, and there was no slang in his speech. We were driving to my sister-s town. All of a sudden, he asked me to stop the car and let him out. I looked around, but there were no houses nearby. I asked him, ?Where do you live?¦ He pointed out his finger and said, ?Over there.¦ I looked in the direction that he was pointing, but there were no houses over there either. Then I turned my head back to him, but he was gone. He disappeared, as if I was driving alone the whole time! I stopped the car, got out, and started looking for him, but he was just gone. I was completely shocked.¦

Two years later, May learnt from other people that drivers found themselves in similar situations quiet often in that area. The first time the hitchhiking ghost-boy appeared was in 1936. An elderly man said to May: ?He is a good ghost. He does not bring harm to anyone."

from http://66.218.69.11/search/cache?p=h...icp=1&.intl=us
    Last edited by DisquietingMetamorphosis; 10-31-2005 at 05:01 PM.
    double the powder and shorten the fuse?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Re: Hitchhiking Ghosts come out to socialize

Quote Originally Posted by DisquietingMetamorphosis
    According to this article, other than Gus, Ezra, and Phineas, ghosts really do hitchhike outside of Disney property!

"In 1965, May Doria from Oklahoma decided to visit her sister, who lived 60 kilometers from her. ?I was driving along the highway, and when I passed by a school building, I saw a boy. The boy was standing next to a roadside; he was hitchhiking. He looked like he was eleven years old. I felt sorry for him: he was standing by the road alone, without a jacket, and it was pretty chilly that evening. I stopped near him, opened the door of my car, and then offered him a ride. He sat next to me. We were driving and chatting about stupid things that strangers usually talk about. He was a good boy; he had very nice way of talking, and there was no slang in his speech. We were driving to my sister-s town. All of a sudden, he asked me to stop the car and let him out. I looked around, but there were no houses nearby. I asked him, ?Where do you live?¦ He pointed out his finger and said, ?Over there.¦ I looked in the direction that he was pointing, but there were no houses over there either. Then I turned my head back to him, but he was gone. He disappeared, as if I was driving alone the whole time! I stopped the car, got out, and started looking for him, but he was just gone. I was completely shocked.¦

Two years later, May learnt from other people that drivers found themselves in similar situations quiet often in that area. The first time the hitchhiking ghost-boy appeared was in 1936. An elderly man said to May: ?He is a good ghost. He does not bring harm to anyone. They say that some ******* ran him over, dragged the body in a drainage pipe, and off he went. The body was found several days later, but his killer is still free.¦"

from http://66.218.69.11/search/cache?p=h...icp=1&.intl=us

This is a common folktale found all throughout the world. The hitch-hiking ghost story comes in may different forms. The young child trying to get home, the prom date who is trying to go home, the abandoned bride, etc. The origins behind it have been lost in time, but it is one of the most common ghost stories told today.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie
    the prom date who is trying to go home

Kind of like Ressurection Mary in Chicago.

Ohhhh I found the proof!!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Awesome!!!! Where was that pic taken?
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Churro
    LOL, and I LOVE that they're standing on the corner of Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills!!!

• Soy una Cornquistadora!

Quote Originally Posted by Churro

terribly awesome!
    double the powder and shorten the fuse?

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Kind of like Ressurection Mary in Chicago.
    That story was even featured on the tv show Unsolved Mysteries.

BTW, love the photo of the HHG. And to the OP, you're the second person I have seen with that costume this year.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?