Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Pucker Up, Sweetie!

Re: So how many "Trick-or-Treaters" did you get at your house?

None!

We were out ourselves...there were hardly any trick or treaters out at all that we saw. I don't know if we were later than everyone else, we got started about 6:45...but there weren't many people out. We let the kids go until 8:15 then called it quits! It was 40 degrees when we were done.

Kat was a frozen little Goth girl! They still got a pretty decent haul.

Of course when we got home, they had to dump there bags and begin

"The Great Candy Exchange"....(I'll trade you two M&M's for two 3 Musketeers!)

Our neighbors were so sweet...they had "Special" candy for Bailey and Kat. I love our new neighboorhood!

• Waiting for the stork

I think we had about 30, but hubby stayed home handing out candy, I took the kids ToTing.

we had the strangest thing happen 2 times: porch light on, lit pumpkins and decorations out (they are handing out candy right?) well we get to the door and my kids ring the bell....wait.......knock.......wait......ring bell.......wait.....meanwhile I can see 3 adults not 10 feet from the door but not one of them makes a move to get up.... there isno way they didn't here the kids....poor kids, they were so bummed...but we just kept on going....they got a huge haul, and all the good stuff too, very little of the crappy candy.

I was surprised at how few kids we saw while we were out...people were handing out handfulls....
    procrastibating

• Circle of Ancients

Trick or Treaters were in short supply this year. It's sad really. We got 'maybe' 20 kids.

• e komo mai

We had quite a few at my friend's house. But we were doing a haunted house and did some advertising (posters on telephone poles). So I'd say about 100 or so. It was quite fun. But we, too, have candy left over. I ODed on 3 Muskateers and Tootsie Rolls. Bleh.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

I was surprised I didn't get as many as I thought I would. It seems like a lot of kids have moved into my complex in the last few months, but I only got around 40 kids. The first one got there just as I got home from work (around 5:40), which was probably the earliest I've ever gotten T-o-Ters. Last one was at about 7:30 which is the earliest it ended.

The funniest thing was two boys who were basketball players. They were both wearing huge afro wigs and kept banging into each other in the doorway (ok, maybe it was one of those things...you had to be there ).

• e komo mai

We had 5 girls who were about 15 dressed up as Hooters waitresses.

No parents in sight.

Oy vey.

• I'm your huckleberry.

I didn't keep track, but we bought 15 bags of candy and were out by 7pm. We were giving two candies per kid until things started getting low. This is our first Halloween in our new neighborhood, so we didn't know what to expect. We knew there were lots of kids, but didn't expect THAT many!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Playtester

I think we had about 100-125 or so. We were giving out candy and glow bracelets. I went through three packages of 100 glow bracelets, and I was giving them out two at a time. Some of the littler kids I just gave three glowsticks insted of candy, and even gave some moms and dads some too. I still have 700 of them left. They were much more fun to give out then candy, and it was really funny to look down the street and see every kid glowing.
    It's Just me, Jenn.
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." ~Walt Disney

• Banned User

we went to one house, and a bunch of girls ( 5) ran up behind my little boys and almost knocked them to the ground. they were using fowl language and were so rude. I got scared when one of them almost knocked my 3 year old off the porch! GRRRRRRR !! this girls ( dressed like hookers) were about 12 or so and very rude. Man if I was 12 I would have gone the gauntlet and kicked some girlie butt!
    But I was nice, I said, please watch for the boys girls, there trying to come off the porch and your not letting them.. I finally had to grab them as the girls tried even harder to box them in. OYE!!

• WARNING!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    we had the strangest thing happen 2 times: porch light on, lit pumpkins and decorations out (they are handing out candy right?) well we get to the door and my kids ring the bell....wait.......knock.......wait......ring bell.......wait.....meanwhile I can see 3 adults not 10 feet from the door but not one of them makes a move to get up.... there isno way they didn't here the kids....poor kids, they were so bummed...but we just kept on going....
    That's what the "Trick" is for... It's always nice to have some dog poo in a paper bag and matches for just such an occasion

We had over a kids hundred easy... Not as many older kids this year.

we had about 250 kids, some not even dressed up

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I wasn't home but based on the candy that's left, I don't think we got too many!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Hello there

Blog Entries

None- but its OK- my husband has eaten two bags of candy already. i only have one left!
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• /sigh

None, but people can never find my place anyways.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

We had close to 200 kids. Pretty steady stream starting about 6:15 until 9. We went thru 6 of the big bags of candy.
    We had lots of compliments on our decorations with some kids telling us we should leave them up year round.
    Not to sound all glowy, all our pumpkins got stolen and smashed. I gave out good candy and lots of it! Oh well, maybe that's a pumpkins best dream to be a halloween trick

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast