Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: So how many "Trick-or-Treaters" did you get at your house?

We had more than last year, maybe 30. The best was a girl about 12, dressed in a black spiderwebby witchy thing with a black crown. Full eye makeup, quite the little Goth. She bowed, and in a very dramatic voice wished me a happy Hallowe'en. Such presence for a little girl- it was awesome!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

we're on a cul-de-sac, too & we only had 1 knock on the door (2 kids) before we left the house at 6:30. we always go to my brother's neighborhood in buena park (funny...the street is pointsettia...lol!). almost every house goes all-out for halloween every year. they get hundreds of kids!! after we got home, we only had one more knock on the door, but it was almost 10pm!!
    <o>

• Island Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Justlittleoldme
    I think we had about 100-125 or so. We were giving out candy and glow bracelets. I went through three packages of 100 glow bracelets, and I was giving them out two at a time. Some of the littler kids I just gave three glowsticks insted of candy, and even gave some moms and dads some too. I still have 700 of them left. They were much more fun to give out then candy, and it was really funny to look down the street and see every kid glowing.
    That is such a great idea! Lot's of little ones in our 'hood had glow on...

We had about 50 - 60 Trick o' Treaters. Our courtyard was turned into a mini scare zone and the first group was a troop of little princesses. I heard one of them say, " Hey, Sid..Your gonna need your glow bracelet on in here" Cute!

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

None for the fourth year in a row. We thought we'd get some this year cause we had a bunch of kids move into our complex. We finally gave up and went to dinner and movies (Doom and the Fog) around 8. A couple of families with dressed up kids came into the restaurant for dinner while we were there and the waitress gave them small stuffed animals for treats

In a way I wasn't surprised. The last couple of days the local news stations have been broadcasting stories about how there are registered pedophiles in neighborhoods and your kids could be going to their houses. Amazingly, the streets were deserted every where we went. Kinda sad they'd ruin Halloween just for a story.

• most magical vaca ever

0- zip- zelch!

But we didn't get home until after 8:30 pm!

At the Trunk or Treat we had about 200 kids
    ~~~~~~

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

Grandma pass the candy while I was out and I bought enought for 450 and I saw the wrappers that where left so we had about 410. The neighbors said it was very busy!!!
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

Zero. We were in WDW Halloween night.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

• Sock Puppet

We had a lot however I work until 8PM so when I came home it was all over. It sucked especially since I had worked so hard on the haunted yard display with skeletons, cobwebs, tombstones, and a huge yard balloon. Yep I'm a Halloween nut. Next year Pirates are going to take over the yard. ARRRRGH!

• meganmegaphone

I didn't get any because I live in a dorm, but my friend who's renting a house off campus was suprised to have multiples come knocking... and had no candy... because it's the first he's lived away from home... and they egged his house

"Back off, Lilo... he's all mine!"
    My MySpace... or...My Facebook
    Coldplay = Love

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue." - The Office (BBC)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I didn't get a single trick-or-treater at my house.

• Imaginative Possibilities

Ok so maybe its just my neighborhood. Seeing how the dismal amount of treak or treaters and those who give out candy are so staggering low. I really do love getting a kick out scaring some kids every year, but the numbers just get lower ad lower as time goes by. I really have to find some fresh ground to spread my terror! Oh well, I just wish more people would be more willing to participate, how hard is it pass out some candy or take your kids out trick or treating, it really is depressing to me seeing that no one participates around here anymore. So sad...oh well I scared the crap out of my sister so I had a good night!

• Vehicle rotating backward

Living in a small town in northern California for so many years, we always used to get tons, and it was usually a batch of new neighborhood kids along with the old ones who are sort of at that line where they should be handing out candy at their houses instead of going to other peoples' for it.

Maybe it's just this subdivision-heavy "planned community" layout or something, but in my new digs there was almost nobody. Although the ones who were out were dominately girls. We don't live behind wrought iron fences like the folks in the McMansions do. It was simply a low turnout.

• Senior Minion

57 kids and adults according to my mother in-law.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

It was sad. We had about 30. I live in a very small neighborhood. At least now that there is a sidewalk on the road by our street this year so we got a few more than usual. So we didn't buy much candy. We didn't have any left over. I am so hoping to hit the dollar store for my Reeses Peanut Butter Cup fix!
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

NONE! (but I didn't get home until after 8:00pm)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast