• Infinitized!

STS-131 set to launch April 5 -Shuttle Discovery-

The 4th to last shuttle mission, and 2nd to last for space shuttle Discovery. STS-131 is heading up to the ISS Monday morning (April 5) at 6:21 am.

NASA - Space Shuttle

Soyuz just launched today with a new crew of three for the ISS:
    Russian spacecraft blasts off - CNN.com

Gonna miss the shuttles. Too bad the new program was cut. Wonder when we'll get to the moon again?

When is Zefram Cochrane gonna be born? We need warp drive!

• I'm not really here

Re: STS-131 set to launch April 5 -Shuttle Discovery-

Was a good launch. I liked the inclusion of telemetry data. Too bad there are only 3 launches left.

I'm mixed on the axing of Orion/Constellation. The program was awesome and we do need to expand our human spaceflight program. I think the moon provides excellent challenges still that will lead to amazing advances in medicine, robotics, computing, networking, energy, etc. The potential payoff is incalculable.

At the same time, the world has been using heavy lift rockets for decades... I like the idea of NASA researching new technologies and methods to get us out there rather than just relying on the old. It was the space race that forced NASA to step up and come up with the solution... time for NASA to step up and find the new solution. I think NASA has just stagnated for too long. They have some of the best and brightest people the world has ever produced and I'm sure they can find the solutions that will put us into the future of manned space flight. On-orbit assembly techniques, new drive technologies, etc. It may delay our return to the moon a bit, but we will be MUCH better prepared to go there, live there and then move beyond.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Infinitized!

Apparently the president is going to be making a big announcement regarding Nasa this afternoon: first mission to Mars by 2019, and a whole bunch other stuff:
    Obama to announce space program's new goal: Mars - CTV News

What we need is the Enterprise or the Millenium Falcon!

• Knows Where His Towel Is

I'd prefer the Enterprise, the Millennium Falcon is a little too rickety for my taste!

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    I'd prefer the Enterprise, the Millennium Falcon is a little too rickety for my taste!
    Ya but it's the fastest hunk-of-junk in the galaxy!

So what do you guys think of the announcement yesterday? Mars by the mid 2030s? What's Nasa gonna launch between the end of this year and then?

• Knows Where His Towel Is

By the 2030's we're going to have had 3 more presidents after Obama. A lot can change, and a lot will change -- frankly, I think that the goals are going to be either changed beyond all belief by Obama's successors, or be cancelled outright.

That being said, I'm certainly excited! Who wants to start a write-in campaign demanding the first Mars lander to be named the Enterprise?

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>