Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello, I'm Jon...

First let me say, if this isn't in the right forum that I'm sorry to the moderator who has to move it. I've been trolling these forums for quite some time now. I say trolling because I pretty much only read and rarely contribute. On top of that, of the six posts I've replied to, two have had a fairly negative tone. So I thought I'd introduce myself because I'm really a nice guy, honest!

So, where to start? The thing we all have in common is loving Disney and specifically the Disney parks, right? I grew up in Southern California and my family would visit Disneyland fairly frequently, it was always amazing to me how purely magical it was. As an adult I live in Phoenix, but I visit the parks more than enough to make a premium pass the economically sound choice. My most recent trip was for mini-gay days just a little over a week ago (yes, I'm gay but don't let that fool you...gay days events are just another excuse to feed my need for Disneyland). I'll be going again sometime in mid-May and then again in June (that's as far in advance as I dare plan).

The thing I love most about Disneyland is that it transports me to another place, how I feel when I'm there is pure magic. I lead a somewhat stressful career and having somewhere within six hours of driving that has this affect on me is incredible.

My favorite attraction is the haunted mansion, even though I can explain all the magic in that green show building it still makes me smile like I did when I rode it as a little kid that was amazed by the ghosts. My favorite show is Fantasmic!. When I read posts about how it's lived it's life it makes me sad, every time I go (if it's showing) I fork over the cash to get the seating, which shows how committed I am to that truly incredible show. The music alone is enough to make me light up and to send chills through my body and that's after having seen it since its opening year when everyone was so amazed that they projected film onto screens of mist.

Things I can't do without when visiting the park are stopping for a mint julep, having at least one churro, riding all the Fantasyland rides at least once (except the tea cups, they lead to unhappiness ), watching the fish off the bridge of the frontierland pass behind thunder mountain railroad and just sitting for a while in New Orleans Square people watching.

I'm 29 years old and I was a child actor, the child actor part might explain some of my love for the imagination Disneyland still stirs in me. For work I manage a group of systems administrators and engineers after a stint as one myself. I started in the tech industry right out of high school, and since I've been rather successful at it I've never completed higher education. As a disclaimer, the situations that lead to my being successful without a degree are rare and I missed out on a lot of great opportunities that youth get when attending a college or university...in short, I do not recommend going about life the way I have.

I think that about sums up who I am. I want to be more of a contributor than a loafer around here. Since one of the things I love most are the trip reports, I promise I'll post one for my next trip.

• Snap!

Re: Hello, I'm Jon...

Hi, I am new here as well, but either way, WELCOME!

Don't worry about sounding negative, as long as you are being honest about your opinion and not flaming/rude/trolling. I find myself coming off as negative sometimes but oh well, its the internet!

I love churros too >.< (only @ dland)

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the wonderful, crazy world of MiceChat! We're glad you're here and I look forward to seeing those trip reports!

Also don't forget if you are in the park on a Sunday, there are MiceChat meets every Sunday, noon at the hub! Sometimes one or two members, sometimes hundreds, you just never know!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• hi!

hello Jon and welcome to MC!
    -plagued

• Huh?

Welcome to a fellow gay Phoenician. Have you lurked in the AZ micechat lounge? There's a great group of MCers in the area and sometimes we get together for all kinds of craziness.

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

Welcome to Micechat Jon!!! i'm usually one to have a short attention span, but i actually read everything you typed!
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

hi! i'm new too.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

Quote Originally Posted by JoFu View Post
    First let me say, if this isn't in the right forum that I'm sorry to the moderator who has to move it. I've been trolling these forums for quite some time now. I say trolling because I pretty much only read and rarely contribute. On top of that, of the six posts I've replied to, two have had a fairly negative tone. So I thought I'd introduce myself because I'm really a nice guy, honest!
    Jon, your opening paragraph elicits low expectations. Starting with an apology is weak. And "trolling these forums" is a poor choice of words. Call yourself a lurker, if you must. A lurker quietly listens without posting. A troll is an attention seeker who delights in pushing people's buttons and drawing them into arguments. I don't think you really meant that.

Okay, end of lecture. If you've been LURKING around MiceChat, then you already have a sense of the vibe around here, and it's mostly positive and friendly. Sure, there's occasional drama, but the wise person knows not to take it (or himself) too seriously.

Take a look around. Look at the people's stats. See where they have been posting and what they've said. You'll probably find a few that you instinctively like. You might even make a few good friends. I know I have.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 5751 miles, 319,000 feet

• Aristocat~!

It's good to see another Arizonan (Arizonian? whatev!) Welcome!

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Hi! Welcome to Micechat (Kinda, sorta - Just going off your post and your sign up date LOL).

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Welcome to MiceChat. We're pretty laid back around these parts, we'll gladly listen to anything you have to say and provide semi-intelligent responses in return.

Have fun (and don't forget to check out the new wraparound boardwalk)!

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Hukuna Matata!

Welcome Fellow arizona dweller. Hope you enjoy this wonderful place.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Welcome!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• Mischievous Mouse

Welcome to the house that a mouse built!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Hooterville, USA

Welcome, I'm new here too!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast