Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Lightbulb Home made gifts, what are they :)

I was thinking this morning how I wish I had those things that go inside each arm for my kids gloves. I am tired of losing them and I know I go thru 10 pair by the end of winter! I would love these as a home made gift!!
    what do you make for home made gifts?
    Also did you ever think of selling your home made things to make money for other gifts?

here is what I would like
    1.warm quilts, ( love these so much!!!
    2. the glove things for the kids gloves
    3. a sign above our door with our name on it
    4. scarves, hats, gloves
    Just to name a few

• Banned User

Re: Home made gifts, what are they :)

one more thing, does any one make flannel blankets? my daughter has a favorit she has had for like 5 years but its worn out and ripped all over. I would love to suprise her with a new one! a freind made hers with 2 blankets inside as the batting and man that thing is thick.

• most magical vaca ever

My mom and me used to make crafts for everyone.... Eucalyptus (sp) sprays with ribbons, wreaths for all holidays, ceramics, etc... We went to some craft shows to sell but we would spend all the $ we made on other crafts from other vendors I think today with so many arts & craft stores it's a lot harder to sell at craft shows~

I love homemade things- I am having my kids make homemade ornaments this year to give to all their aunts/uncles/godparents/grandma's, etc... I think we may go to the park and collect pine cones and make reindeer out of them

I am really into making favors for parties, making centerpieces and seating cards. Everyone that knows me begs me to make all their stuff for their parties. I've done tons of parties! I would really love to make it a business somehow....
    ~~~~~~

• Banned User

Pine cones!! I wish I had me some!! Around here they are so small, I wonder why? Any ways I should see if I can find some at the arts store next time I go out of town, I want to show the kids how to make peanut butter and seed treats for the wild birds. Here in Montana the birds can get pretty hungry with all the snow and nothing to eat. we make sure to feed the birds so they do not starve.

• most magical vaca ever

Awe, poor little birds Good thing people like you think about them

If I could give you more Rep I would
    ~~~~~~

• I'm your huckleberry.

I usually decorate socks for my friends' daughters. I crochet around the edge with embroidery floss and add beads, bells, etc. The girls love them! I make the ones with bells just to annoy my friends .

I also usually bake some goodies to bring to the office, or to friends houses.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesnít make anything anymore, but thatís not exactly true. Weíre the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• most magical vaca ever

Oh I love those socks with the annoying bells I used to drive my cat crazy years ago!

I like to make reindeer with candy canes to give to the kids classmates. It's very simple and the kids them.
    ~~~~~~

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

The only homemade things I do are bake cookies/breads/treats for friends and family. I usually make 3 to 4 dozen of about 30 different kinds of treats.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

I am always getting requests for home made gifts. Last year I made matching Christmas stockings for 3 different families, they all had names on them also. I must say they turned out very nice. A couple of years ago I made fabric Christmas wreaths. I am an avid quilter so I am always getting requests for quilts. I made one out of old jeans for my son and that thing is so heavy, he loves it. I finally made curtains to match it! This year we drew names so I can relax a bit, but will probably make a gingerbread house for my mom. Oh I almost forgot that i made a great set of lamps one year for myself....until the cat broke one.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I use to do a lot of craft stuff but working two+ jobs I don't have as much time as I use to. I still do some crochet stuff, and make afgans for gifts. Once in a while I do extra thick ones and back the crochet part with flannel or some other fabric and quilt it.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

I've made homemade gifts as long as I can remember. I started young cause we were poor and some times it was cheaper to make than buy. As to what, it depends on the era, time of year and who gets the gift. I quilt, make beaded jewelry, cross stitch and any thing else that catches my fancy.

I bought a bunch of those chunky clay round charm at DL that they put on ball chain. I'm going to make all the nieces beaded necklaces, three strand of seed beads with the big bead as the center piece. Each of the 6 girls has a colour and we are matching all their gifts to that colour. Mom and I are doing each girl hand made fleece scarf kits - we're cutting out the scarves and the slots for the fringe, pre cutting the yarn and sending it to them to fringe themselves.

A quilt for the 15 month old diva next door. It has princesses and crowns on it in pastel pink and green with touches of yellow, lavender and darker pink. A beaded amethyst necklace for her mom.

A fleece throw for my bear with skulls and crossbones all over it (I thought it would go good with the POTC DVD I got him )

Mom and I did a christmas tree raggy quilt for my aunt and I like small raggy quilts to give as baby gifts. I'm not sure what else, I'll repost if I remember.

• Just Me

I am in the treats and goodies catagory. Every year I make 15-20 pnds of fudge, 1/2 girl fudge, 1/2 boy fudge. I also make a mess of cookies. There was a time when I ended up shipping my nummies all over the US (and even Australia) but I don't do that any more. This year I may be getting off light. I don't have to worry about making anything to take into work!!!

• no flash photography...

I'm making my mothe a quilt (If I ever get to it) and my sister a basket of gifts in a jar...(we try to out cheap each other every year...she usually wins)....last year I made scarves for people and hats. oh, and I knitted my cats cat nip filled mice toys...

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey Girl
    1/2 girl fudge, 1/2 boy fudge.
    How do you tell if its girl or boy fudge, look under the pan?

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesnít make anything anymore, but thatís not exactly true. Weíre the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• insufferable know-it-all

Can't go wrong with baked goods. I have also been known to paint stuff for people. For some reason, I've never sewn a homemade gift. Started one once, many years ago, but never finished it.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast