Thread: I need help :(

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

Exclamation I need help :(

I'm not sure where to put this or if this is even appropriate to put on this site, but I'm having a really hard time right now. My best friend and other half's dad is in poor condition in the hospital with a brain tumor. He's been sick off and on for the past two years, and they think this might be it. He was doing fine and then all of the sudden a few days ago he became paralyzed on the left side and now he can't talk anymore. My best friend is flying out from NYC (where shes going to school) to see him. I lost my dad suddenly the day before my 16th birthday, and the LAST thing I want is for anyone close to me to have to go through what I went through. Now listen. I'm not really a religious person myself, but I really really hope that you can help me pray for him and the family. I'm new to doing that, but I just don't know what to do at this point. I'm just praying that a miracle will happen and he'll get better, at least better enough for her to spend time with him until he finally passes. Please, I need your help.

-Robby
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: I need help :(

I sorry to hear about your friends dad. Loosing a parent is never easy. I'm not a religious person myself either, but I figure it never hurts to ask for all the positive vibes of whatever kind you can get to send to someone going through a difficult time. So I'm sending some positive karma out to you, your friend and her dad!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

That's terrible Robby. Had a good family friend go through this and it's so tough because when the brain is involved things can improve or decline very rapidly. If they can't cure it I wish for little pain for your friend and peace and acceptance for the family.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. You will all be in my prayers. Try to be there for your friend. I hope you both can find comfort in each other.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

I'll say the same as everyone else here and mean it just as much---we're here for you and you are welcome to all of the positive vibes I can muster. These things are never easy. Know that there are many people here that are on yours and your friend's side.

My father also passed at a very young age. When it's that 'inner circle' of family, the agony can exponential.

Hang in there.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Your friend's dad and their family are in my prayers, also. Praying that God gives them peace in their hearts through this difficult time.

• world class bilge rat

You can bet I'll be praying for you and your family.

The uncertainty of an illness such as this is likely the most difficult thing to deal with. It's like walking on pins and needles all day long.

The fact that you reached out to a bunch of total strangers (albeit pretty dog-gone good-hearted strangers!) is a credit to your personality. Walking through something with others is always less painful.

Having been sort-of where you are, my best advice is to face your feelings one day at a time. To me, taking small steps seemed easier.

In my 53 years on this earth, I've learned one thing for sure. There are no dumb prayers. God takes each one of us for exactly who and what we are in this moment of time. Just be yourself with Him. If you feel like blaming Him for your pain, tell Him. He isn't going to beat you up for being honest. He'll listen. And though it doesn't seem like it at times, He really does care about you.

Rob

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Sending out good vibes. But at the same time, if worst comes to worst, your friend will be very lucky to have you around. You'll completely understand what she's going through and will be able to help her through a very rough time. Sometimes, thoughts and prayers aren't enough, but the fact that you are there for her will mean everything in the world. Whatever will be will be, and you'll be there to help her.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• DVC owner and loving it !

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Good karma just sent your way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Senior Minion

You and you're friend will be in our prayers here at MC.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I've been visiting my friend, keeping her mind off things, comforting her, etc. Her dad is now for the most part unconscious and isn't really responsive when he does wake up...he's fully paralyzed on the left side like I had mentioned before, so he's pretty uncomfortable I think. The whole family is there, with him, so he can go in peace. I'm trying to stay strong and be there for my friend, but it's so hard because it's sort of reliving the pain I went through when I lost my dad. Though they are very different situations, the bottom line is that losing a parent at a young age sucks. But I really appreciate everyone's posts and it makes me feel a lot better. I told my friend about it and she is very grateful as well.
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• Life is Great!

for you, your friend and her family through this difficult time
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!