Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Mac Users, Sell Me A Mac !!

I told mom I would give her my computer, its a gateway and the best computer I have ever owned hands down. Sooooo I am now going to be looking into a new computer this coming February. I hear about your macs not being able to get viruses, but I know absolutly nothing about a mac, or how to use one. Do they have wondows? are they easy to use? Just point and click like my computer? Ok, sell me on a mac, pro's and cons ok thank you so much!!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Re: Mac Users, Sell Me A Mac !!

heh-

It is very true that Macs are far less susceptible to virus and hacking- though it can be done.
    They are WAY easy to use- and working on them is easier. Like if you think you have a problem you can run a simple program and it goes in and fixes things- I could not do that on my Dell- I have no clue how!

I like having both- my mac is at home, and I use it for video editing and burning DVD's- I use my dell for everything else (my laptop)-and to be honest my poor mac has not been turned on in weeks- because the processor is too slow for what I want to do- but until I can spend several thousand dollars to get a new one- I just have to muddle through.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

I have a Mac at work (first generation sunflower iMac) and a Dell at home. I never turn off the Dell because it can take for frikken ever to turn back on. Don't understand the thing at all. It can be super slow, which I hate.

My iMac is the best computer I have ever had the pleasure to work with. In the 3.5 years that I have had it, the only real issues the computer has had was the result of a corrupt printer driver downloaded from the HP website. Even with its older technology, my iMac keeps running strong.

The ease with which I can do work or play on the iMac is amazing. It takes hardly any time nor effort to upload pictures from my camera to my .mac homepage. I have one disk drive. I do have external floppy and zip drives, which gather dust in a desk drawer.

The Macs are simple in their design and execution. There isn't much to think about when you have a Mac. It gently reminds me when I have software updates. The fan motor is quiet. And it looks beautiful.

Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• e komo mai

I used a PC for work and a Mac at home. My PC at work had so many problems with viruses. My Mac, not so much.

• Banned User

but what about windows, I have never used anything but windows, what kind of software does a mac have? can I do everything on a mac I do on my PC? whats the going rate for a mac, and whats a good one to buy? Are they as fast as a PC in use and programs?

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

many windows programs are made for mac, but honestly, the operating system on a mac is much easier to learn than windows. We have a power mac G4 that my husband bought brand new in 1998- any PC bought then would be obsolete by now, but the mac is going strong- it has been effortless to upgrade it.

I would recomend an iMac for you, the hard drive and monitor are one unit- you just plug it in and go- they are also the most economical macs, though I have no idea how much they cost.

Lots of Microsoft cheerleaders will try and tell you how crappy macs are, but honestly, they are great for people who don't know a lot about computers. If there is a mac store in your area, you should check it out, ask questions and see what you think.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Banned User

No macs around here, In fact I have never seen one. I went to cosco's and none there either. I am really going to have to do my home work heh, Tell me, will my internet work with these or does it take a special internet provider ?

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

anything you can do on a pc, you can do on a mac- we have both kinds and we share a DSL internet connection.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Banned User

WOW! SO LIKE A imac5 WOULD BE A GOOD ONE? i AM SO INTERESTED! I think I will go price and see what I can do about getting on from some where close to home. ( I pray!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Karla where do you live?

• Banned User

ok, the big question, if I need to down load something or add games, do I have to have something special? I was thinking, what if I want to down load foxfire or a good web browser, can I? and will the web page be just like on a pc? Is it easy to go onto the web? I see it has awsome features for movies, gaming, and camera stuff, but I really weant to search to web and such . thank you for all your answers!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    Karla where do you live?
    Butte Montana

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

You could always do research at the Apple Store online. You can build the computer you want for the price you want. That is how I ordered my Mac.

The CompUSA nearest me has their version of an Apple Store. You could do a Google search for Apple retailers in your area.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    Butte Montana
    Bummer- NO Apple stores in your area. That bites.

But do check out the website.

It's easier than a PC- Like I said, I can't do alot of things on my PC that I can on my Mac because I could not even guess how. Some idiot (not me) disabled my task manager- in order to get it back I have to mess with something called registry edit- but if I mess it up I can destroy my whole system- so I have not even tried. On a mac, I would have been able to get it back in moments.

• e komo mai

Huge bad news regarding Mac:
    They don't have RollerCoaster Tycoon 1, 2 or 3 for Mac!

D'oh!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast