Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

"Goodie Two Shoes"

Have you ever been called a "goodie two shoes"? I believe the term goes back to my youth. Probably further back than that. Usually someone is called that, when they want to do the right thing and their peers are trying to talk them into doing something else.

I remember a time, when I was a teenager, and we were out for pizza. One of the girls, was smoking cigarettes. Her mom walked into the Pizza Place. She did not want her mom to know, that she was smoking, so she asked me to hold her cigarette. I said "No way". "Put it out". She didn't want to do that, because she had just lit it. Well I got called "goodie two shoes".

Do you try to live by the rules? Do you live by the golden rule? Would you consider Mickey Mouse and Walt Disney "goodie two shoes".

I myself am afraid to break any rules, knowingly. It must go back to my childhood and the strictness of my parents. I was afraid to get into trouble.

So anyone care to elaborate on "goodie two shoes"?
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

• oh bugger

Re: "Goodie Two Shoes"

I was at Costco once with a friend and we were just kinda goofing around, having samples and checking out cheap DVDs when we got to a section of pillows. He then jumps up into the container of pillows and falls back into them, dissapearing into the bin. I was shocked and didn't know what to do, such reckless behaviour at an upstanding establishment as Costco.

He then pulled himself out of the bin and walked over to me, as I had started to act like I had never met the guy, he asked what was wrong as I just sorta got the 'wow your a prude' look and walked on.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

No. I have been called other things, but goodie two shoes definetly not one of them
    I am not a "wild" person, not be any degree, but I am no angel with some real bad habits.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Minion

That's me all the way, only I've never been one to be made fun of. In high school, I was more likely to make YOU the butt of jokes if you were drinking or smoking...

• I'm your huckleberry.

Um, I can't imagine anyone ever calling me "goodie two shoes". I'm the antithesis of the term.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• So fetch

Yep. I was called goody two shoes from elementary through high school. I lived in fear of my parents wrath (since I was the only child to get grounded while my brothers could get away with murder) so there was no way I was going to do anything to get in trouble with them.

Oh, I think most people think I'm a "Pollyanna" when they meet me. I do look like such an innocent. As a kid, I didn't break many rules. I don't usually hold the same expectations as regular people, but the things like don't drink, don't smoke, and don't park in the handicapped stalls? Yeah, I behaved there. In part because I didn't see much point to breaking them. They're useful rules.

I don't necessarily hold rules to be sacred, and I do break them, but there's usually a reason. Except for speeding; no real reason to speed but I do. Most rules are useful and so I keep them. I see the reason behind them.

Of course, there are areas where my life diverges from the norm.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• R.I.P. Mandy

I've called myself a goody two shoes. I can be a regular Hermione Granger at times.
    Introducing- The Geek Tutorial! The new informational webseries on computers and the geekiness of life.

Screw eHarmony- I met my soulmate at Star Trek: The Experience.

Random funny exchange from Star Trek: The Experience:

BF: "If you take any photos on the attraction, we will shoot you with a phaser."
    Guest: "On stun?"
    BF: "Maybe....."
    Me: "I wouldn't trust him."

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

That's all i was ever called in high school. I was the goody-two shoes of my group of friends, and the "good girl" who never ever did anything. I never saw it as an insult tho, I saw some of my friends as really kinda...slutty...so I thought it was more of a compliment!!

• Don't hate the game...

i was just called that today! My first time, I'm so proud of myself :*)

• Why do you keep talking?

Awww I used to be, then I worked at an Ameusement Park for four years that had dorms full of college aged kids and things changed for me. Not that I'm completely bad, I just do a lot of not so good things. I guess if you catch me at the right times it still applies.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• most magical vaca ever

Yes, I am a "goodie two shoes"

I had a few wild years but never did anything so outrageous that would make me um... well, ummmm OK

I plead the 5th!

~~~~~~

• Just Me

I always looked like an innocent. It just meant that I could get away with more than the average person. A friend of mine got called into the ROP center office because she would cut out on the last 1/2 of class (it was supposed to be Ag math, but ended up being remedial math), I went too, because I was always with her (we would whistle Zippedy Doo Daa as we gathered our stuff and left the room). I wasn't in trouble at all, but she was. The teacher had assumed I was going back to my HS to work on drama stuff.

When I went through my "bad" phase, I got away with it because no one ever thought I would do those things.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Me? A goodie two shoes? Yeah sure................if it's opposite day

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Winter in Oceanside...

Yeah, I've always been the "good girl" so I guess that makes me a goodie two shoes (where does that saying come from, anyway?). Always make my bed, pay my bills on time, leave a good tip for servers, did my homework, drive the speed limit (well, most of the time), follow all the rules. As a middle schooler, my "friends" used to call me Miss Perfect. Hated that. Try not to let it bother me now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast