Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• show'em yer larboard side

Re: Silly Post of the Week: MiceChatters That Are OLDER Than Disneyland! You?

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    ...I remember the night my Mom got the crazed phone call that a song recorded by my cousins, called "Surfin' ", was playing on the radio that very minute...
    Bom Bom Dit Di Dit Dip

"No fear have ye of evil curses, says you? Properly warned ye be, says I. Who knows when that evil curse will strike the greedy beholders of this bewitched treasure?"

DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES

"Perhaps ye knows too much. Ye've seen the cursed treasure, ye know where it be hidden. Now, proceed at yer own risk. These be the last friendly words ye'll hear. Ye may not survive to pass this way again."

• Banned User

oooh i am older then DCA also!! HAHA!! yeah!!

• It all started on a train

Hemet, Ca (70 miles from Disneyland, just close enough to bike there ;) )

Quote Originally Posted by love♥dca View Post
    oooh i am older then DCA also!! HAHA!! yeah!!
    I think there will be a BUNCH of those here haha, including me haha.

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up." - Alfred Pennyworth - Batman Begins

• Blew By You

I'm a December 1955 birthday. I tell people that Disneyland and I are the same age and most people go...... or .

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I was born in 1947.

but I loved Robbie On My Three Sons,
    Off topic but relevant side note: I am good friends with the son of Robbie (Don Grady) and he is a really great guy. It's funny when people find out about him (like my mom) because I really didn't know who he was to be honest...

• Welcome Home

Smile Re: Silly Post of the Week: MiceChatters That Are OLDER Than Disneyland! You?

I watched Captain Kangaroo, and (local in the LA area) Chucko the Clown and Sheriff John and Engineer Bill (drink your milk, red light green light).

I was crazy for Sheriff John and Engineer Bill (both local LA kid TV show guys in the late 50s/early 60s). I have Engineer Bill's autograph from some supermarket appearance he did around '63.

Remember Sheriff John's birthday song?

Put another candle on your birthday cake,
    A birthday cake,
    A wish you'll make
    So...
    Put another candle on your birthday cake,
    Your another year old today!

How's about Winchell Mahoney Time, the Paul Winchell (ventriloquist) kids TV show in the early - mid 60s? With his puppets Jerry Mahoney and Knucklehead Smith.

• DLR Cast Member

I went to Disneyland the year it opened. Hard to believe, since I am only 29 years old. Some sort of time warp is operating, I suppose.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

How could I forget Jerry Mahoney and Knucklehead Smith? Then of course there was the Howdy Doody Show.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by villagecreator View Post
    Off topic but relevant side note: I am good friends with the son of Robbie (Don Grady) and he is a really great guy. It's funny when people find out about him (like my mom) because I really didn't know who he was to be honest...
    I ran across a My Three Sons episode the other day, and it was the one where Robbie and Katie had their triplets. I just thought she was the luckiest gal to be married to Robbie (on the program of course).

Don Grady, Tim Considine, William Frawley, Fred McMurray, and I'm not remembering Chip's real name at the moment. Then of course Mike left, and they brought on Ernie, and somewhere along the road Uncle Charlie arrived. I never got tired of watching My Three Sons.

I never liked Donna Reed much. My sister had that same, hairsprayed never move hairdo that Donna, and her daughter Mary had.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 05-21-2010 at 06:16 AM.

• Here's my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I ran across a My Three Sons episode the other day, and it was the one where Robbie and Katie had their triplets. I just thought she was the luckiest gal to be married to Robbie (on the program of course).

Don Grady, Tim Considine, William Frawley, Ed McMurray, and I'm not remembering Chip's real name at the moment. Then of course Mike left, and they brought on Ernie, and somewhere along the road Uncle Charlie arrived. I never got tired of watching My Three Sons.

I never liked Donna Reed much. My sister had that same, hairsprayed never move hairdo that Donna, and her daughter Mary had.
    Fred McMurray, was the father on my three sons. every show mentioned so far were terrific, I had a little problem with the Donna Reed show, not only for the hair, but that she was impecibly dressed all the time! even when she was in the kitchen cooking, she looked like all she had to do was remove the apron and she was ready for a night out.
    until cable came along remember that saturday morning was devoted to kids programing by the networks? all those great warner bros. cartoons.and winchell mahoney show was a must watch for me and my brother, if i remember right there was a fair amount of kids programing after school up to 5pm then the news would start
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

That's what happens when you are old like me and a bad typist. I definitely knew that it wad Fred McMurray, and not Ed.

I am a big fan of Fred McMurray.

• Hooterville, USA

I was born in 1954 and we didn't go to DL. I think I was about 13 the first time I went. We hung out at Knotts since it was free to get in and that lasted until they fenced it in and started to charge for admission.

Now I'm an APer at DL and I never go to Knotts.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Here's my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    I was born in 1954 and we didn't go to DL. I think I was about 13 the first time I went. We hung out at Knotts since it was free to get in and that lasted until they fenced it in and started to charge for admission.

Now I'm an APer at DL and I never go to Knotts.
    same with us,when I was 10 my parents would drop me and some friends off at knotts and we have a great time for 6 hours or so then they'd come pick us up
    when they fenced in Knotts the admisson was 50 cents and Andy Divine was the honary sherriff, but we slowly drifed away from Knotts and I rarely go more than once a year now
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyTrains View Post
    I think there will be a BUNCH of those here haha, including me haha.
    well i have never actually thought of it .. till like last night when i saw the thread. haa ha..soo hey *high five* we are older then DCA!!

the one show i used to watch as a kid, whhile wer are on the subject. was "nightrider". i miss that show!

anyone remember "the nanny"?

• Hooterville, USA

I would still go to Knotts if they hadn't lost their theme. I loved the western-ness of it all and that's what separated it from DL. I still have the gold I panned from there along with my butterfly that glows in the dark.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast