Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• That Guy

Stood up on a Sunday Night. It's Good to be Me.

Ouch! So I had plans to go on a first date with this super cool girl tonight (yes, I know, Sunday is not a good date night, but do to her career, she has weird days off) and she called while I was out and told me she got called into work, and that she was being offered double pay, so she was going into work. She sounded very apologetic, but I am still kind of like, hmmmmm... I don't blame her for taking the incentive pay, but we did have plans.

So, I'm guessing I should just let her make the next move? Should I text her and let her know I got her message, and understand, etc? Decisions, decisions.

The good news is that I'm not having a pity party, I'm really laid back and now I can go grill with my buddies, but there is still a level of wounded ness for some reason.

• Man O Lantern

Re: Stood up on a Sunday Night. It's Good to be Me.

Being canceled on sucks no matter how good the reason, so your woundedness is totally called for.

Do call and let her know you got her message and that you'd like to try again sometime and for her to call you back. Then the ball is in her court, you look like the good guy you are, and you're responding to her phone call. Covering all your bases.

Then go hang out with your friends.

Don't get together with your friends, get stinking drunk and call and leave her the following message:

"Hey, yeah. This is the GUY YOU STOOD UP tonight you stupid bitch! I just wanted to let YOU know that it's like WHATEVER, a'ight? I don't even give a %#*@ because I gots my peeps and they're keeping me real, while your sorry hooker a$$ is out strippin for singles at that dive, yo! Don't even THINK about calling me back, cause I got all the honeys I can stand here wit me at my crib and I ain't be needin no holla back. Peace."

And if you do call and leave that message.....don't then call back and leave the following:

"Megan, is that you? Megan. I love you. Seriously. I know we don't know each other very well, but I have a special feeling in my heart that you are the lady for me. I love you. Megan!!! I f*%$ing love you, you hear me??? MEGAN! Seriously. CALL ME!!! I LOVE YOU M....damn...who did I just call, dude? Oh, yeah, Megan. Is that the bitch that stood me up? Why am I calling her? Hey, let go of the phone, give it back, MEGAN!!! I LOVE YOU, YOU BITCH, YOU BROKE MY HEART!!! MEGAN!!!"

• insufferable know-it-all

haha.

I was going to suggest you ask her out again, but I like the advice of saying you got the message and that you'd like to try again sometime, and telling her to call you.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Waiting for the stork

Ditto, the stink and goonie have it right, let her know you got her message and you understand, but that you would love to try again sometime. but leave it up to her to make the next move.

now go have fun with your friends.
    procrastibating

Yeah, I wouldn't call that being stood up really, because she was responsible and did the right thing by calling you hours in advance and letting you know what was up. If she had never called and never shown up, that's what I call being stood up.

Give her the benefit of the doubt and follow the other folks' advice here. It could be the best decision you'll ever make.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    Being canceled on sucks no matter how good the reason, so your woundedness is totally called for.

Do call and let her know you got her message and that you'd like to try again sometime and for her to call you back. Then the ball is in her court, you look like the good guy you are, and you're responding to her phone call. Covering all your bases.

Then go hang out with your friends.

Don't get together with your friends, get stinking drunk and call and leave her the following message:

"Hey, yeah. This is the GUY YOU STOOD UP tonight you stupid bitch! I just wanted to let YOU know that it's like WHATEVER, a'ight? I don't even give a %#*@ because I gots my peeps and they're keeping me real, while your sorry hooker a$$ is out strippin for singles at that dive, yo! Don't even THINK about calling me back, cause I got all the honeys I can stand here wit me at my crib and I ain't be needin no holla back. Peace."

And if you do call and leave that message.....don't then call back and leave the following:

"Megan, is that you? Megan. I love you. Seriously. I know we don't know each other very well, but I have a special feeling in my heart that you are the lady for me. I love you. Megan!!! I f*%$ing love you, you hear me??? MEGAN! Seriously. CALL ME!!! I LOVE YOU M....damn...who did I just call, dude? Oh, yeah, Megan. Is that the bitch that stood me up? Why am I calling her? Hey, let go of the phone, give it back, MEGAN!!! I LOVE YOU, YOU BITCH, YOU BROKE MY HEART!!! MEGAN!!!"
    Crap, I wish I would have gotten your message about an hour earlier, hiccup! J/k thanks for the insight, I will take your great advice

• That Guy

You guys are great. I called my best friend, and his wife was so cute, she said "Do you want to come over here and have cake and we'll talk badly about her?" Now that is a friend!

I think you guys are right, things happen, but I will put the ball in her court and leave the reschedule to her.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Max, sorry about your night. I say take stinkerbell's advice.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell

ok, I thought this was the most hilarious post I saw in a long time! Stinkerbell,e you ar hilarious!!!!!!!!!

Max, your a great guy, I would do as stinkerbelle said, ( not the drunk part HEE HEEE HEEE )

this part. sounds like great advice!!!

• Happy Memories

For starters, it's great to see you posting again Max. Haven't seen you on in a while.

Secondly, I agree with all of the advice already given.

Thirdly, Stink, you just made me choke on my coffee woman!

• Huh?

She in the medical field? Maybe a nurse? Sounds like she might be from that post...

Be patient. That's all you can be when you like somebody in the medical field They are some of the most overworked people in the world -- and many times, it's hard to get out of coming in.
    -Tim

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Heck yeah I woulda gone into work!
    I agree, she didn't really stand you up.
    You almost made it sound like you didn't believe that she really was called into work? I hope that there isn't more issues going on here.
    Hope she reschdules, dude!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Inquiring minds want to know!!! Did you call her? Did she call back? Are your rescheduling your date???
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

• Earth Intruder

I remember being totally drunk and running into this guy that stood me up at a bar like two weeks later and totally chewed him out!!! Ohhhh man. He was so embarrassed and so was I the next day.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    "Do you want to come over here and have cake and we'll talk badly about her?" Now that is a friend!
    That's so great!!! Just like a woman ... no offense to any of you lovely ladies on MC.

Stinkerbell ... LMFAO!!!!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to stinkerbell again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast