• Shifting cargo

What's your secret?

At one point on our trips to the parks, we've all made it our mission to be at the park bright and early for rope drop and continue to be there all day until closing. Do any of you have any secrets as to how you manage to pull that off for more than one day?

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Re: What's your secret?

Oh, we are always there from start to finish........every now and then, if the park is open late, we'll return to the room for a quick nap. But, we usually stay in the park all day long.

Our tips...

drink plenty of water.

Take plenty of rest breaks. Find a bench in the shade, sit and people watch for a little while. Rest those weary legs!

Take advantage of sit down restaurants. And their air conditioning!

Go at a leisurely pace.

Wear sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses!

Ride the most popular rides first thing in the morning, before the lines are long. And ride unpopular ones when the sun is at its peak. Nothing wastes energy more than standing in line for hours.

And don't forget....the parks have almost everything you need right there. You can even charge your video camera in City Hall....for free!

• Down Pluto!

We never thought about it - just did it.

I suppose because we go for so many days that we only have that sense of rushing to do it all for the first day or two. After that, we slow down and relax. People watching, investigating little explored areas, hydration and proper food stops, and if all else fails - a ride around the park on the train for a light snooze...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I pretty much do stay all day on our typical 2-day plus half a day trips. As others have said, taking it easy and not rushing to go to every ride helps. Sit down lunches and snack breaks are nice, and my "go-to" rest attractions are the railroad and Tiki Room. In addition, I am usually wandering about and taking photos, looking at things for angles for shots, etc, so that's a more leisurely paced activity.

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Wear sunscreen, have plenty of water, take a lot of breaks, get good food for lunch and have a large breakfast.

• world class bilge rat

I'm on my feet 8 hours every day anyway, so it's not a big deal to me. But I find that if I ride the train or the Tiki Room a couple of times during the day, it helps a lot.

Going to a sit-down place for lunch and dinner is a good idea as well. Even a short break from standing will help.

Rob

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I have an AP, but once a year, a friend and I always head out to the parks for two full days. We usually do Disneyland the first day, and California Adventure the second day.

Make sure to stay hydrated, and wear SPORT sunblock with a minimum SPF 30. Also, use chapstick with SPF in it too.
    Start of slow, don't rush around in the morning, because by the time mid-day comes, you'll be crashing.
    Have a hearty breakfast at the beginning of your day, you'll need the energy.
    When the mid-day sun starts getting really terrible, grab a drink and find a shady spot to relax in.
    Don't wait until you are completely starved to eat another meal or snack, all that does is make you more irritable and tired.
    When it gets hot, take advantage of time and do some shopping - the stores are generally cooler inside. Or go see a show - the Tiki Room is a perfect place to cool off.
    Dress is layers so you don't have to spend time being miserable from being either too hot or too cold.
    Go on rides when the restaurants start to get busy for lunch - eat before or after the lunch crowds.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Shifting cargo

Thank you all for your helpful tips! I've found myself in the past barely it through the whole day and to wake up and do it all again was painful. I'd be sore all day and not have as good of a time. At least this time I have more tips to make me less tired and keep me going from 8am-12pm.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• world class bilge rat

One more thing; walk. A lot. Get used to being on your feet a lot. Then it won't be so different from normal. I don't know for sure, but I'll guess that a whole day at DL you'll walk maybe 5-10 miles, maybe more.

Rob

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    We never thought about it - just did it.
    People watching, investigating little explored areas, hydration and proper food stops, and if all else fails - a ride around the park on the train for a light snooze...
    ^^^
    This is good advice.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.