Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• So danco samba

Hollywood's Magic Castle one-ups Disneyland

I was taking my weekly jaunt through the Magic Castle and saw a new bit of decor -- not a big deal in itself, there are always changes in the decor of the Castle -- but this one may be of interest to MiceChat readers.

Near the Parlour of Prestidigitation, a door has been dedicated to the songwriting team of Magic Castle co-founder Milt Larsen and Richard Sherman. A framed statement near the door points out that the Sherman Brothers only got a window at Disneyland, but Milt and Dick got a whole door at the Castle.

If your travels bring you to the Magic Castle in Hollywood, take a look at the wall opposite the Parlour and look for the door. I'd post a picture but there's a strict rule prohibiting photography at the Castle and I'm not going to endanger my membership.

--t
    Another refugee from Yertle's stack o' turtles.

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Hollywood's Magic Castle one-ups Disneyland

Another Disney connection is Dana Daniels who performs at the Magic Castle. He honed his craft at the Golden Horseshoe in our beloved Disneyland.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Dana is awesome.. had a chance to meet and work with him and a nice guy and great performer.

• Vroom, vroom!

I thought you had to be a magician to go into the magic castle.
    And also, they kicked my favorite magicians out of there. Thats right Penn and Teller are banned
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

• show'em yer larboard side

The Sherman Bros window is in a door. Does that count?

"No fear have ye of evil curses, says you? Properly warned ye be, says I. Who knows when that evil curse will strike the greedy beholders of this bewitched treasure?"

DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES

"Perhaps ye knows too much. Ye've seen the cursed treasure, ye know where it be hidden. Now, proceed at yer own risk. These be the last friendly words ye'll hear. Ye may not survive to pass this way again."

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DLmeg33 View Post

Yes. I would say so

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Scott View Post
    And also, they kicked my favorite magicians out of there. Thats right Penn and Teller are banned

or get invited by one. I have a good friend that is a magician that has given me passes before, I have yet to use one, they are piled in my kitchen drawer, I always want to go, just never get around to it.

And Penn and Teller got banned for breaking a Magician's sacred vow, they pretty much committed the ultimate crime for magicians

"Look kids, right over there, thats the toilet Eisner's going to flush my park down"

What is the Magic Castle?

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Scott View Post
    My father has been a member since the 70s I believe. He is not a professional magician, but it is one of his hobbies.

If Penn and Teller did what I think they did, then their ban is well deserved.

The Magic Castle is a really nice place to go to. I have been several times (because of my father) and everytime I have a fantastic time.

In answer to Twingirlmom--

A club for magicians in Hollywood. It has been around since the early 60s. They have magic shows larger style and the up close kind where the magician is right at your table. And a bar and a restaurant. I haven't been there in years, but it probably hasn't changed. Think Club 33 but with magic!! To go you need to be a member or be invited by a member, which isn't hard there are a ton of magicians out there!

• Parking Lot > DCA

Can someone explain what Penn and Teller did? I am curious as to what happened.

Penn and Teller > all

• Pongo is my hero.

Magic is srs bsns. Don't do cups and balls with CLEAR CUPS! You might as well commit social suicide because you're career is dead!

...lol

one hundred and one

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
    Magic is srs bsns. Don't do cups and balls with CLEAR CUPS! You might as well commit social suicide because you're career is dead!

...lol

well that was the last straw, per se... What they did was the last several years just break several rules, doing tricks twice, revealing secrets, and just general annoyances to the magic trade. But revealing cups and balls was the last straw for them.

to pinbrian -- > I have yet to go, I cant seem to talk my wife into going, she doesnt like magic, is it a really nice place? She seems to think its going to be like a Vegas magic show, nude girls, things like that, or is it much classier of a place?

"Look kids, right over there, thats the toilet Eisner's going to flush my park down"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by DLmeg33 View Post
    yep, the Magic Castle does Not have one on DL.

Here's the Disney Blog which does say "window", but look at the picture and it is a door that was dedicated.

Legendary Sherman Brothers Honored with Window on Main Street, U.S.A. Disney Parks Blog

• So danco samba

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    Another Disney connection is Dana Daniels who performs at the Magic Castle. He honed his craft at the Golden Horseshoe in our beloved Disneyland.
    You may be interested to know that his beloved bird Luigi passed away a couple of weeks ago. They had worked together for 29 years.

For more detail on the Magic Castle, visit their website here.

--t
    Another refugee from Yertle's stack o' turtles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast