Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Would you like some WINE to go with that cheese?

I'm very curious what MiceChatters have tried for Wines with their food. Or do you enjoy it alone? Do you have a favorite cheese also?
    I have really been into the Kenwood Vineyards" Jack London Merlot and Pinot Noir wines. Also getting alot of excellent cheese imported from Holland. Also, Beaulieu Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon.
    A glass a day with a meal is so good. Any favorites you like to combine with those meals?
    Any recommendations?
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Re: Would you like some WINE to go with that cheese?

Juicy steak with a glass of Pinot Noir cannot be beat IMO.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Do you mean actual names of wines or types? I'm not really picky and totally not a name snob at all when it comes to wine.

There's a good merlot from Delicato that they sell at Claim Jumper that is the cheapest bottle of wine on the list and its rated near the top of the list and its really good! http://www.delicato.com/dfv/wineDetail.asp?tid=3

I like all types of reds, doesnt matter. Whites - not so much. Too sweet for me. And I also drink reds with everything I'm not suppose to. Whatever, I like it so sue me!

Reds with a nice box of dark chocolates! Take a bite, coat the inside of your mouth, then take a sip of the wine and let it pass through the chocolate as you swallow - AWESOME!

Sharp cheeses with reds are awesome too.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Anything red is good, I agree with Olympicnut, whites are very sweet. I like rieslings but only if they are very white.

I like Austrailian reds, mainly their Shiraz, which is so good! If it isn't obvious my favorite kind of wine is a New Zealand pinot, I would kill for a glass of that.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    Do you mean actual names of wines or types? I'm not really picky and totally not a name snob at all when it comes to wine.

There's a good merlot from Delicato that they sell at Claim Jumper that is the cheapest bottle of wine on the list and its rated near the top of the list and its really good! http://www.delicato.com/dfv/wineDetail.asp?tid=3

I like all types of reds, doesnt matter. Whites - not so much. Too sweet for me. And I also drink reds with everything I'm not suppose to. Whatever, I like it so sue me!

Reds with a nice box of dark chocolates! Take a bite, coat the inside of your mouth, then take a sip of the wine and let it pass through the chocolate as you swallow - AWESOME!

Sharp cheeses with reds are awesome too.
    Im curious about brands and types. My wife and I have really taken some interest in this. I used to drink a glass a day with my meal. It really is good for you, for digesting.
    I love reds more then whites also. What I'm looking for is brands to try also. Cheeses are a must. Matured cheese is my favorite.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Hi

It's bizzare but i hates '' Le Camembert '', i don't like those wich stinks . I love Cheddar and the rest ...

and Wine i love '' Le Champagne '' and the white wine .
    HKDL : Done !!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

A good, cheap, rough red usually satisfies my palate. But... if I'm going for a nice glass I have a few favorites:

Anything from Sterling Vinyards is usually good.
    Fat ******* Shiraz (this is a real wine. Inexpensive at Cost Plus... about $6.99 ... and very drinkable.)
    Most everything from Penfolds... especially their shiraz.

(can you guess that I really like Shiraz?)

I don't do white wine.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Cheese?

Stilton, Gorgonzola, Bleu, or anything with blue veining.
    Combine with a nice Merlot, Shiraz, Cabernet or Zinfandel.

High fat Brie or Camembert (at least 70%) Room Temperature!!
    Shiraz or Cabernet

Smoked Gouda
    Merlot

Velveeta
    Thunderbird
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

I'm much more into high quality beers.
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

• insufferable know-it-all

Not much of a wine person, or rather, I don't have the most sophisticated taste in wines (my fave is La Famiglia di Robert Mondavi's Moscato Bianco, or any of a number of muscat wines available. I hate reds but there was one southeastern Australian shiraz once that I liked. I forget whose)

Cheese, on the other hand, I love.

My favorite is one I discovered just about a year ago called Parrano cheese. It's very nutty and buttery, I highly recommend it. They've started carrying it at Vons, but it's like $8 for a wedge I can get several dollars cheaper at Trader Joe's.

I'll also take a baked Brie or Camembert, though my preference is toward Camembert (especially if some kind soul has had the forethought to shove some bits of garlic into it before baking!).

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• insufferable know-it-all

I had to share this... this is a quote from one of my blog entries back in January. Too funny not to share here, given the subject:
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    Baguette slices with melted cheese are delicious, btw. Was great with parrano, must try with fontina soon (supposedly a good melting cheese). Parrano though, is best just eaten straight. Don't get me wrong, MAJORLY tasty melted, but in its regular state, well it's nutty and buttery, and nutty....and buttery. Awwwww yeahhhhh. Damn you, Alton Brown, and your evil evil show on fondue tonight! You tempted me! You made me think of cheese! And worse... you made me think of raclette! Luckily, despite your temptations, I managed (barely) to resist the temptation of sausage. Damn you and your dipping kielbasa into fondue. Darn you into heck!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Senior Minion

Jango I like those too, but lately, my wife and I are trying and experimenting different wines and never know what to try. We have had some bad wines. And I like micro brews or imported beer. Did you have a bad experience with wine?

Thanks Tom for the suggestions.

One of my personal favorites is Kenwood Jackson Jack London label(has a Wolf on the label From the book Call of the Wild)and my favorites are 2002Cabernet, and also the Merlot 2000. One they had was a Pinot Noir from 1994, it was soo good when this was out, great year.
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 11-13-2005 at 10:57 PM.

•   
    • Minion

Not much of a wine person, or rather, I don't have the most sophisticated taste in wines (my fave is La Famiglia di Robert Mondavi's Moscato Bianco, or any of a number of muscat wines available. I hate reds but there was one southeastern Australian shiraz once that I liked. I forget whose)
    I just found a place in Napa Valley that sells Angelica... People stopped making it because producers had to apply for not only a license to make wine but also a license to still Liquor...

Angelica is a fortified Muscat Brandy that was made primarly by the spanish settlers in the area as comunion wine... It was really popular in the 70's and 80's then the wine law changed and folks stopped making it...

Morigoon, I think you might like it... V. Sattui Winery
    Check out my other blog:

• Senior Minion

I had to share this... this is a quote from one of my blog entries back in January. Too funny not to share here, given the subject:
    Your Blog entry is making me hungry. That sounds so good I'm going to look for that setup of food tonight. My wife and I need to try this out.

• Banned User

I would love to try a glass of sweet red wine)))))
    I buy cheap wine to go into my roasts. has any one tried this? or beer in your roast? I love wine in my stew to but again I do not buy but once a year so when its gone its gone.
    Any sugestions on a nice "sweet wine" and remember I live in a small back water town so a fancy name will nto be sold here.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast