Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• That Guy

Re: what do you do when your child is afraid at night?

Quote Originally Posted by Bornieo Goes Bananas
    I say buy a Devil halloween mask and once they've fallen asleep, kick in the door and run in screaming as loud as possible. Once they realize it's just you in a mask, everything else will fix itself. You will get the satifaction of seeing your child climb the wall.
    You would be the best baby sitter ever!!! Compared to you, the kid's parents would seem so kind, I bet the kid would always listen to the parents.

• That Guy

I also find that Nyquil sno cones help with just about any child behavioral or sleep issue. And they love it!!

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    I also find that Nyquil sno cones help with just about any child behavioral or sleep issue. And they love it!!
    I concur!
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Way to go Karla! I love to hear when parents get creative in solving kid problems!

When my daughter was really little (around 3), and leaving the light on slightly didn't work, I got some ghost-repellant spray. Yup ghost-repellant. Just a can of Glade with a contruction-paper label that said anit-ghost spray on it. I told her ghosts can't STAND the smell of roses, so every night before bed, we would spray her room (including the closet), and she fell asleep happy that the ghosts couldn't come around as long as she smelled roses.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Banned User

aaaawwwww hyperbole thats awsome!!!

well its been 3 nights and he is in his own bed and sleeping soundly. It worked wondrful and now he does nto seem to mind going to bed at all. He just says ok, mommy, put the light in and we pray and he goes right to sleep. so all is well in the Hakuna house hold once again!

• That Guy

I hate to post a real reply, but since this is such a sweet thread, here is a real answer to all your kid problems (brought to you by seven years of college and waaaaay too many student loans)

Most child behavioral issues are issues that may be effectively dealt with by using some classical conditioning. I'll save you the real boring parts but what you need to know is that you need to be reasonable, honest and open with your kiddo, regardless of the issue. Discuss the issue, set some behavioral guidelines, goals and expectations. This is the real key. STICK TO THE PLAN! There is something called an 'extinction burst' which is a part of the change process where the issue usually gets worse just prior to getting better. Don't give up, because this is when the long term change takes place.

A great example of this theory is when parents are training their baby to sleep in the crib at night. Often the baby will have the parent trained to run into the room and calm the kiddo. By practicing and getting the baby used to the routine, the baby will learn to adjust bedding, get comfy etc. Obviously in this example the verbal cues aren't so effective.

Whew, what a wordy post, sorry! Now I can get back to my dumb comments in other threads.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

WE have the sleep issues more with Brian than Ali. Once we get her down, she is good for the night. Brian, on the other hand wakes up at least once a night. He was a soft lamp and a night light. It got to the point that now we have him put on a video in his room when he wakes up.

Nathan and I have gotten much more peaceful sleep lately thanks to this little trick. He used to do the creepy stand there are stare at mommy thing every night. It would scare me every time!
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12