• e komo mai

Thumbs down Robots: By Fox, Reviewed by Fox on Fox TV

Did anyone watch Sunday night TV on Fox last night?

The entire night was hosted by the characters from "Robots". (The studio basically took scenes from the movie and redubbed the characters to talk about the upcoming shows.)

Anyway, I just thought the whole thing was just lame. "Robots" is made by 20th Century Fox, the promo was on Fox TV and all of the reviews in the trailer for the movie are by Fox publications. (Not only that, but don't be deceived by the trailer. It shows multiple quotes from the same author throughout. It's a tactic used in trailers nowdays to make it seem more talked about than it is. Bo-ring! )

Someone really wants us to watch and like "Robots".

I've seen Disney try the same tactic on ABC.

I say, wait for the reviews on this one on Rotten Tomatoes. Just go to the reviews and articles section later this week.

I think it's kinda weird to have one company own a studio, TV station, numerous publications and even movie theatres. Too bad the FCC doesn't care about stuff like that... (I'm talking Disney included here...)

• They wanna know, HO!

Yeah, it's too bad. I might get the soundtrack since Blue Man Group does some of the music.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by testtrack321
    Yeah, it's too bad. I might get the soundtrack since Blue Man Group does some of the music.
    Interesting. Don't get me wrong, it could be a great movie, I just think the marketing of it is a little shady.

I'm interested in seeing it to see how Williams's robot character varies from the Genie.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    We Tivo'd the special. I would like to wait to see the movie before I see behind the scenes. The trailers I have seen have endeared me to the movie (ok, Ewan being a lead helps too). The kids are starting to get excited about it.

Does anyone know if Fox did the same type of show when they released Ice Age? Could it be that they are concerned with how well the movie will do, hence the extra bit of hype?
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• is confuzzled.

It reminds me when Aladdin came out on dvd, there was a quote on the front of the box that said "a magic carpet ride that never ends" and it under it, it had the name of the person who said it and they were from ABC tv.

• New Waver

I am so glad that someone else caught on to the fact that this movie is being hyped to no end, I now have hope that not everyone is a mindless consumer when it comes to movies! Robots is useing an age old marketing ploy that studios use when they are nervous about a film. This does not mean its crap nassassary, but it is often a stong indecator. Don't belive the hype and wait for the REAL reviews of the film to come out and then make your decision to go see it. Although if you have kids that want to go see it, or an actor you like in it go see it for those reasons but don't go see it because the studios marketing machine is working on overdrive to try to get your butt into the theater.

• /sigh

I hate the fact that they're hyping all the actors who are doing the "voice of". Is the story line and characters that bad that they need to hype to actual actors?

I remember when watching annimated movies, you actually believed in the character, not realizing that, "oh, that sounds like williams doing the voice of" type of thing. Maybe it's just me, but the more they hype the actors, the less I'm inclined to go and see it.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• They wanna know, HO!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    I hate the fact that they're hyping all the actors who are doing the "voice of". Is the story line and characters that bad that they need to hype to actual actors?

I remember when watching annimated movies, you actually believed in the character, not realizing that, "oh, that sounds like williams doing the voice of" type of thing. Maybe it's just me, but the more they hype the actors, the less I'm inclined to go and see it.
    The last time I saw the hyping of the actors with behind the scenes features during the commercials was for Sinbad, we all know how that turned out....
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by testtrack321
    The last time I saw the hyping of the actors with behind the scenes features during the commercials was for Sinbad, we all know how that turned out....
    Actually, I rather enjoyed the annimated Sinbad a couple years back. It was no Disney film, but still fun. I think that was the start of really hyping the actors unfortunately.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"