Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• And, THEN she said...

Sad Dangerous Weather

HIGH RISK of Severe Storms Today

TUESDAY MORNING UPDATE:
    This will be a VERY active weather day for our region. A moist and unstable atmosphere will allow for the development of widely scattered supercell thunderstorms throughout the morning and into the early afternoon hours. Any storms that fire have the potential to produce damaging winds, hail, and isolated tornadoes. However, the main event arrives late this afternoon and this evening, as a fast-moving cold front sends an organized line of strong to severe thunderstorms our way. This is when we expect the most WIDEPSREAD threat for severe weather, with damaging straight-line winds a good possibility, along with hail and an isolated tornado. Stay tuned to WBKO for any watches or warnings that may be issued during the day.

Read the latest Public Severe Weather Outlook from the Storms Prediction Center...

PUBLIC SEVERE WEATHER OUTLOOK
    NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
    0357 AM CST TUE NOV 15 2005

VALID 150957Z - 151800Z

...OUTBREAK OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS EXPECTED OVER PARTS OF THE LOWER-MID MISSISSIPPI VALLEY...LOWER OH VALLEY LATER TODAY AND TONIGHT.

THE NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER IN NORMAN OK IS FORECASTING THE DEVELOPMENT OF WIDESPREAD DAMAGING WINDS...AND A FEW STRONG/LONG-TRACK TORNADOES OVER PARTS OF THE LOWER-MID MISSISSIPPI VALLEY...LOWER OH VALLEY LATER TODAY AND TONIGHT.

THE AREAS MOST LIKELY TO EXPERIENCE THIS ACTIVITY INCLUDE

CENTRAL AND NORTHEASTERN ARKANSAS
    SOUTHERN AND EASTERN ILLINOIS
    SOUTHWESTERN INDIANA
    WESTERN TO CENTRAL KENTUCKY
    SOUTHEASTERN MISSOURI
    NORTHERN MISSISSIPPI
    WESTERN TO MIDDLE TENNESSEE

SURROUNDING THE HIGH RISK AREA...THERE IS A MODERATE RISK OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS FROM SOUTHERN AND CENTRAL ARKANSAS ACROSS PORTIONS OF MISSISSIPPI...NORTHWESTERN ALABAMA...MIDDLE TENNESSEE...CENTRAL-NORTHERN KENTUCKY...INDIANA...CENTRAL-EASTERN
    ILLINOIS...AND SOUTHERN THROUGH EASTERN MISSOURI.

THIS MORNING...AN INITIAL BAND OF STRONG TO SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS FROM THE MISSOURI OZARKS NORTHEASTWARD UP THE OHIO VALLEY SHOULD RETREAT TO THE NORTH IN TANDEM WITH A NEARBY WARM FRONT. THE WARM AND MOIST AIR MASS NOW SOUTH OF THAT ACTIVITY SHOULD SPREAD NORTHEASTWARD ACROSS THE REST OF THE MODERATE AND HIGH RISK AREAS THROUGHOUT TODAY AND TONIGHT...BEFORE A STRONG COLD FRONT SWEEPS THROUGH THE AREA FROM THE WEST.

SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS ARE FORECAST BOTH ALONG AND EAST OF THAT COLD FRONT. THESE STORMS WILL MOVE RAPIDLY NORTHEASTWARD INTO RICH MOISTURE AND STRONG VERTICAL WIND SHEAR...CAUSING NUMEROUS WIND DAMAGE EVENTS AS THEY ORGANIZE INTO ONE OR MORE LINES.

SOME OF THE MOST INTENSE THUNDERSTORMS -- EITHER IN THE MAIN LINE OR AHEAD OF IT -- WILL PRODUCE TORNADOES. A FEW TORNADOES COULD TRAVEL ON LONG TRACKS GIVEN THE FAST FORWARD SPEEDS EXPECTED. OCCASIONAL HAIL ALSO IS POSSIBLE.

THE BULK OF THE SEVERE WEATHER SHOULD CONSOLIDATE INTO THE TENNESSEE VALLEY REGION...MISSISSIPPI AND ALABAMA THIS EVENING AND TONIGHT.
    DAMAGING WIND...TORNADOES AND HAIL WILL REMAIN POSSIBLE.

THIS IS POTENTIALLY A VERY DANGEROUS SITUATION. THOSE IN THE THREATENED AREA ARE URGED TO REVIEW SEVERE WEATHER SAFETY RULES AND TO LISTEN TO RADIO...TELEVISION...AND NOAA WEATHER RADIO FOR POSSIBLE WATCHES...WARNINGS...AND STATEMENTS LATER TODAY.

Forecast updated at 3:20am CST,
    Tuesday, November 15, 2005
    and Im TERRIFIED right now...I was never scared of storms in cal but ever since a straight line wind came thru in 03 and nearly ripped the mobile home we were living in off of the ground (luckily it was tied down well) that was it for me..days like this I wish i never left orange county!!!

• Minion

Re: Dangerous Weather

Yikes! Sounds ominous. Take care if you're in the affected areas.

• That's Hawt

Oh my gosh Groomer!

Please stay safe!! I have family in that region and I was in Springfield when they had a tornado go down the James River Freeway so I know how terrifing it can be! Please Please stay safe and keep us updated on the conditions.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Take care Groomer. Are you still in a mobile home? If you are, do you have a friend or family member you can go stay with? We don't have a basement, so when we get severe weather we go to ourUncles house a few blocks away since they have one.

Stay Safe and I am sure you will be just fine!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• And, THEN she said...

tornadoes on the ground in parts of mo according to the weather channel..getting ready to run here..getting dog and cat stuff and pic cd's ready to go in the car..luckily we have a freeway tunnel that runs deep in the ground not a mile from us so we can get out of this Tin can of death..(thats what I call our mobile home) now i know what my mom meant when she would say she would take a eathquake over a tornado any day (she was rasied in kansas)

and tink..the tunnel is our bolthole..the bf's dad lives in a mobile as well and the bf's sister has no basement in her farmhouse... GOD i HATE kENTUCKY!!!!!!!!!!! I would love to move home but I wiont leave the bf he would be miserable at home... so stupid me has to woory about dying or being sucked up to Oz...My 3 dogs are nicknamed toto 1,2, and 3 LOL
    Last edited by Groomer; 11-15-2005 at 09:06 AM.

• Minion

Let us know you're OK when the nasty stuff is gone. We'll all be thinking about you and everyone else in the area!
    Last edited by Pacha; 11-15-2005 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Fix grammar

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

We will be thinking of you! We are having our first winter storm and they expect winds of 60 mph, so its hairy all around! I hope you are able to stay safe!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I hate storms too! I am a fellow former Southern Californian and lived through some nasty storms this summer! I came out fine- I know you will too! Just take precautions like you already are! Good luck- Stay Safe! Let us know when you get back!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• And, THEN she said...

if anyone has family in this neck of the woods you can track the storm thru the local news website

www.wbko.com

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Speaking of dangerous weather, my husband just put our car in the ditch. Looks like an unplanned day off for both of us.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Groomer be safe!!! Keep us updated when you can!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Grommer let us know you are OK when it passes. I will be thinking of you!
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Senior Minion

Oh My Goodness, We have family in Norman, Oklahoma. I have got to tell my wife. I'm sorry Groomer I hope things work out for you. Norman is so small, like a pass through town. I just hope things are gonna work out. I cant believe what I'm reading on this.
    I hope your husband is ok DQ.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• And, THEN she said...

omg DQ hope your hubby is ok..put my car in a ditch one year on an icy road..not fun now i wont drive when its icy..

Tic Toc..hope your family is ok..i have to get out of the house...the weather channel is scaring me more..need to make a dollar store run and put some more stuff in the trunk of the car...

• Hello there

Blog Entries

DQ hope your husbands OK.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast