Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• ~*~Just a dream away~*~

Sad I need everyone's prayers and someone to talk to ... Help please

I am going through one of the most difficult things I have ever had to deal with in my life, I wasnt sure what board to post this on, or even if i should, but I could really use some someone to talk to...

My Dear , sweet, wonderful grandmother who I am EXTREMELY close with is critically ill in the hospital and it all could have been prevented. Im so overcome with anger and sadness I dont know what to do with myself...

heres my story ...

My Grandmother was taken to the ER because she was confused (which typically happens when she has a urinary tract infection) She was completely lucid and feeling better by the time the doc saw her... they decided to keep her overnight for observation... A cruel, neglectful nurse , rather than taking the time to move her up to her room, left her on a gurney in the hall way of the ER...while she was supposed to be keeping an eye on her , she left. she told my grandmother that she was being a bad patient and had to leave her curtain opened , because my grandmother was tired and becoming claustrophobic from the small space, wanted her curtain drawn. the nurse again being abusive , refuse, my poor , sweet grandmother reached over to close it herself and fell from her bed, she broke her hip, hit her head very hard, and ended up having hip repair surgery. Now she is unconsious nearly all of the time , faints when they try to sit her up. I am just beside myself with grief, and having the knowledge that if this person would have done their job, my grandmother, a woman who has been nothing but kind to everyone in her life , would be safe and sound at home with us now, instead of fighting for her life in a crappy hospital..

Please pray for my Grandmother, she means the world to me. And if anyone has the time, I could really use a friend to talk to

thanks for your time
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Re: I need everyone's prayers and someone to talk to ... Help please

You have my prayers--however, I have to ask, how do you know about all the stuff that happened between your grandmother and the nurse?

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

I will definitely be praying for your grandmother, you and your loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by RooBear View Post
    You have my prayers--however, I have to ask, how do you know about all the stuff that happened between your grandmother and the nurse?

Peace,
    Roo

some other patients saw what happened... and my grandmother was able to relay part of it
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Your poor grandmother. She will be in my prayers.

• MC State Comptroller

Have you complained to the hospitals patient liaison about the poor treatment by the nurse? You should also talk with the charge nurse or head of nursing for the hospital. I would be doing everything in my power to make sure that the hospital knows about that nurse and I would even look into malpractice by the hospital.

My thoughts will be with you and your grandma.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• world class bilge rat

You'll certainly be in my prayers!!

Hard to believe something this careless could have happened. And in a hospital, of all places.

There's absolutely no excuse for this kind of treatment. You'd expect better from a so-called professional.

I'm really sorry you had to go through this, it's just beyond belief.

Rob

P.S. Feel free to PM me, or even the public message part; I'm usually on MC at about 8PM most days.

• Quality not quantity

All my best to your Grandmother.

At this point what she needs is a strong patients advocate to make sure she's well looked after. Double check any meds before she gets them, make sure any dressing are changed as needed, comfort her.....

It's a sad but true fact, in most hospitals the patient with someone there to monitor everything gets better treatment.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

I will definitely be praying for your Grandmother!
    And for YOU......!
    Also You have Peace in your Heart...during this time!
    You did right thing in asking........here in Mice Chat!
    EAGLEMAN
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post
    All my best to your Grandmother.

At this point what she needs is a strong. . . advocate to make sure she's well looked after. Double check any meds before she gets them, make sure any dressing are changed as needed, comfort her.....

It's a sad but true fact, in most hospitals the patient with someone there to monitor everything gets better treatment.
    Excellent post, Sgtpeper!!
    A nurse who previously acted like a bossy know-it-all brought in the (actually "a") baby after my wife gave birth. My sister (a physical therapist) instantly announced with absolute confidence, "THAT's the wrong baby!" Sure enough, it was a boy. The hospital sent us flowers and had many people stop by to apologize. That nurse was apparently assigned to work far from us for the rest of our stay. If the wonderful girl we got (now 5-years-old, funny, and far better looking than I am) is the wrong one, we're keeping her.

Forgive my getting off track, but, yeah, advocates--especially concerned, squeaky wheel relatives--can really help.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I am so sorry about your Grandmother, she will be in my prayers. Please send me a PM if you ever need someone to talk to.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• mountains beyond mtns.

DisneyDreams, I will definitely be keeping your grandma, you, and the rest of your family in prayer.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. Hopefully this nurse will be reported and punished for neglegence and mistreating the patients.

fortunately my grandmother has 3 son in laws and a grandson who are lawyers (including my father) all of them love her very much, she is an amazing, kind woman, so they are taking care of everything, myself, my mother and my aunt are sitting with her around the clock but this didnt prevent ANOTHER MISTAKE...
    she was supposed to recieve .5mg of ativan for anxiety... the nurse accidently gave her 2MG which caused her to have to remain on oxygen , which last I heard was still the case.. If anyone lives in northern california, please AVOID MERCY GENERAL HOSPITAL!!

Thank you everyone here so very much for all your support
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

• sleepy lagoon

I am sorry to hear about your Grandma. That is awful. Something needs to be done about the hospital staff. No one should have such horrible treatment in a place that is designed to help make you well...
    I will pray for her healing, and for strength and comfort for you and your family.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast