Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Wasn't Me!

Europe Trip Report and Some Pics

OK, this may get long…but how else can I explain all of this fun!!

We left Thursday evening for Rhode Island where I got to meet more of the in-laws! We had a wonderful time! I seem to fit in with the rest of the family very well.

We had one day to drive around and see the sights, since I had never been to R.I. There are some very interesting things to see around there. Jimmy’s cousin Lisa took us to Cape Cod!! We saw the Mayflower II. In my opinion it was about the same size as the Columbia but I can’t imagine 140 people crossing the Atlantic on it!! It must have been a nightmare!! We also saw Plymouth Rock. It is a whole lot smaller than I expected. It is only about 4 feet across.

It got my mind thinking though, how do we know this is where they landed? Plymouth Rock was not identified until about 120 years after the Mayflower landed. How do we know that they landed near that rock? And now that it has been moved all over Massachusetts….is it even near the original spot? Ok, enough of that…..

The next day we flew to London. Unfortunately, after 4 flights so far, we landed exhausted!! Once we got into the hotel room we collapsed for a couple hours. Once we woke somewhat refreshed we headed out to see some sights. I had been to London and Paris before, but Jimmy had never been out of the country. I loved getting him on the subway and walking out of the station and asking, “Any idea where we are?” He looks around, a bit dazed I might add be fore he turned around and was face to face with the base of Big Ben! We walked around a bit and took a few night shots!

The next day we came back to the same area to take some more pictures and ride the London Eye! That was COOL!!!

We wandered all over London! We saw all sorts of wonderful things!

Our last day in London we got to see something I have wanted to see since I was a kid. We went to Kennsington Park, where parts of “Finding Neverland” were filmed to see the statue of Peter Pan! I remember seeing photos and film clips of Walt visiting there during the animation of Peter Pan. It was very cool to finally see it!

That night we got to see Mary Poppins on stage in tie West End at the Prince Edward Theater. I must say, I was extremely impressed!! In the Playbill, it mentions the disagreements that the author and Walt had while making the film we are all familiar with. In the stage play, they removed the animated sequences, duh, but replaced them with scenes from the original book. It was incredible!!! If you get a chance, when it comes to the states…..SEE IT!!!!!

The next morning…..at 6 am, we flew to Paris!!

We rented an apartment in Paris. Our friend Lori met us in Paris! She is a flight attendant who ended up flying first class the entire trip….that bi**h!!! But we had a great apartment. This was the view from our window….

We saw some amazing sights in Paris…..

And of course I thought of some of you wonderful Mice Chatters as we were walking down the Champs Elysees’. Lori saw something amazing…….SEPHORA!!!!!

Yes ladies, right on the Champs Elysees’ across from the new Louis Vuitton flagship store is one of the largest Sephora stores in the world. I would say it is at least 4 times the size of our DTD store…maybe larger. But of course, they didn’t have whatever it was that Lori was looking for!

I snapped this picture just before they threatened to take away my camera…for god’s sake people…..it’s makeup!!

Of course, one of the highlights was DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!

I thought this was SO cute!!!!!

And the castle in her holiday splendor!!

I was very surprised with Jimmy’s (ex cast member) reaction to the park. He was actually very impressed.

A few of his observations were…It’s a Small World actually looks like a permanent ride!!!! I actually really like POTC there. The story seems to flow better there. Loops on Space Mountain….need I say more!!

All in all we had a wonderful and amazing trip. We really enjoyed the opportunity to see such great countries and see some beautiful spots!

• That's Hawt

Re: Europe Trip Report and Some Pics

OOOohhh ... Your pictures are SOO pretty! It sounds like you guys had an amazing time! I am very jealous yet happy for you at the same time!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

THIS is what I was waiting for!! You take the MOST beautiful pictures of anyone I have ever seen! Thank you so much- brought back a lot of memories from my trip. I SO iwsh DLR still had that Pirate Rock thing with the ship in Fantasyland- everytime I see old pics, I get sad! Good to see it there at least.

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time! Welcome back!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

What a GREAT TRIP REPORT!!!!!! I'm vahklempt And beautiful pictures as always. I'm so glad you guys had a great time!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• For old time sake

Paul I love looking at the world through your camera lense!!!!!

I am so glad you guys had a great trip and that Jimmy really enjoyed DLP!!!!
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Wasn't Me!

Well, I apologize for not getting them up sooner but I took over 2000. It takes some time picking out the good ones!!

• Gay Man

OMG! OK. I want to see more!!!!!

I'm having major travel pangs - and London is TOPS on the list.

• GO DBACKS!!

Thanks for posting your trip report and pics. So many are post card quality. If you create an online photo album please post a link. I'd love to see more.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

WOW... sounds like a great trip!!!
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Yay!! You take some awesome photos - very artistic!! Makes me wanna go back!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Simply amazing pictures!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• /sigh

Simply beautiful...as always!
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Again! Again! Again!

Those pictures are awesome!! I'm so glad you had such a great time! Welcome back! Can't wait to see you!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

Wow awsome photos you rock paul hope u can teach me some tips for good photos with my dig cam, i look frwd to more glad u had an awsome trip and glad ur home safe
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

• Senior Minion

Great job guys! I hope you are recovering well from the jet lag. Your Photos are always a pleasure to see, thank you for sharing them with us.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast