Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Jessie: exuberent & fun!!

What's your biggest disaster EVER!?

Mine would be that ketchupy pickle that landed on my Jessie doll's arm. Yes, that Jessie doll that I've had since age 4. And, if u want to learn about the horrible choices I made in Kindergarten, read "An inspirational message". I fixed those choices. ->
    Jessie is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My fav part in 2 is:
    Buzz: clears throat)
    I just wanted to say you're a bright young woman with a beautiful "yarnful" of hair... er, "hairful" of yarn. It's...uh...woah. (clears throat) I must go!
    Jessie: Well, aren't you the sweetest space toy I ever met!
    Buster: (barking)
    Slinky: What's that? Bark, bark? Uh...this fellow says he needs to go out back for a little "private time"!
    Jessie: That critter needs help! (jumps on toy car) Yodle-ay-HEEE-HOOO!!!!!
    Buzz: (wings suddenly pop open)

Also, my fav part in 3 is:
    Jessie: turns on Spanish music)
    Buzz: involenterily starts dancing) I...I don't know what came over me!
    Jessie: goo-goo eyes) Just go with it, Buzz!
    (Then, they start doing the Paso Doble to a Spanish version of "You've Got a Friend in Me". Towards the end of the dance, Woody tosses Jessie a rose to catch in her mouth. It's awesome.)

Go to the EBHO threads!!! They need YOU!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Re: What's your biggest disaster EVER!?

Define disaster... Because stuff I thought at 13 that was MAJORLY disastrous turned out to be funny 16 years later. Things that I think are just bad and awful and "disastrous" my 13 year old self would be laughing at...

12 years old (7th grade so that maybe 13...) I tripped on my own shoes/feet when running the makeup mile at school and I fell pretty hard core on uneven rough blacktop. My friends didn't want to get into trouble/get bad times on the mile, so they didn't help me to the teacher, who was on the other end of the PE field. I was really cut up. Cuts on my hands, arms, knees, face. That is just... bad. But looking back, it made me realize I couldn't depend on my friends all the time.

During school a month ago, we were doing injection practice. My needle broke off/came off my syringe while I was injecting it into a fake person. Then when I fixed that, I injected the liquid into the fake arm, but because the arm had been used so much there were already holes in it, so when I pushed there was a little fountain show (like the World of Color but not as awesome). I got so frustrated that when we were learning where to do inter-muscular injections I grabbed a hold of the skeleton, and stabbed his muscle with my pen and my teacher saw and was like "I don't want you as my nurse..." Yeah... That's bad.

The scrape-y thing...suckish. At least there's a moral to it...

The inject-y thing: That is HILARIOUS!!! Well, other than the fact that u weren't very happy...

My fav part in 2 is:
    I just wanted to say you're a bright young woman with a beautiful "yarnful" of hair... er, "hairful" of yarn. It's...uh...woah. (clears throat) I must go!
    Slinky: What's that? Bark, bark? Uh...this fellow says he needs to go out back for a little "private time"!

(Then, they start doing the Paso Doble to a Spanish version of "You've Got a Friend in Me". Towards the end of the dance, Woody tosses Jessie a rose to catch in her mouth. It's awesome.)

• Circle of Ancients

The one I thought of most recently was the time when I was stranded on Hwy 99 in the middle of no where and accepted a ride from a truck driver who turned out to be a creepy dude. Luckily, everything turned out okay and the story of what happened in the 5 minutes I was in his truck with him is pretty funny looking back on it now.

• mountains beyond mtns.

I wrecked a car!

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Murdering someone, cleaning the evidence, and eating the remains to fully cover it up.
    Just Kidding.
    Accidently knocking down a Christmas Tree at my friend's house after they got new carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Nerd

Got broadsided by an idiot running a red light (on cell phone) on Disney way on our way to the park. Car full of kids...It was an Ford Excursion and was totaled. No one hurt - but that's because the car was a gigantic beast. We still went to DL!
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Mrs. J. Depp

This weekend I was dogsitting my aunt and uncles dogs and there was heavy rain on the way. Well they told me I could use their mini van to take the dogs to the beach or on a walk away from their home. They told me NOT to roll down the windows in the van because they were broken and wouldn't go back up. So after the walk I'm all sweaty and the FIRST thing I do is roll down the windows, by accident obviously. I promptly had to return to their house and plug up the windows with towels and tarp so that the forthcoming rain wouldn't ruin their car.
    Yesterday, I was doing a load of laundry and proceeded to stuff not only all of the sheets and blankets from one bed into the wash, but also the quilt from that bed. Needless to say, I almost broke the washer and yes I know better than to overfill a washer, but that was my idiot attempt at trying to be efficient versus actually having common sense.
    Those 2 happened just within this last week. I guess it's safe to say that I am naturally sort of disaster prone, so to pick one thing would be difficult.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Yes, those are pretty big. Plz keep it going.

My fav part in 2 is:

• no flash photography...

the most recent thing was sewing about 50 quilt squares together with the incorrect seam width. I spent about three hours with the seam ripper and then had to iron them all flat again. Lesson learned.

This was not a disaster, but kind of funny and creepy...yesterday at the grocery store this man asked me if he smelled. I told him I did not smell anything and he gave me this creepy look while pulling on his shirt with one hand and breathing into his other hand and said, "I do smell. I smell me. "... I just walked away.....

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    Got broadsided by an idiot running a red light (on cell phone) on Disney way on our way to the park. Car full of kids...It was an Ford Excursion and was totaled. No one hurt - but that's because the car was a gigantic beast. We still went to DL!
    One time while at a complete stop to turn into the parking structure a lady rear ended me. It was just a tap. I got out of the car to ensure there was no damage. She got out of hers and said, "I'm sorry. I'm from Colorado." My only unspoken thought was..."I guess people from Colorado can't drive or they are known for rear ended people....." I just walked away...no damage and I did not want to hear anymore of what that lady had to say.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    the most recent thing was sewing about 50 quilt squares together with the incorrect seam width. I spent about three hours with the seam ripper and then had to iron them all flat again. Lesson learned.
    Oy... What was the seam width supposed to be?

I am clumsy. So I have a lot of dumb clumsy moments. Last summer I tripped on one of my dog beds (we have a few of them around so it's always comfy for my pups). My big toe got stuck on the corner of the dog bed, and I put all my weight on my big toe, 190lbs on this toe. My mom heard a noise she didn't think was human (she was like "what happened? Which dog was that?"). It was me, squealing in pain. Gross details aside for like 3 weeks I wasn't walking right (which for my job sucks), on rainy days (which happen a lot up here) I feel like my big toe needs its knuckle cracked, and my toe nail is still icky. My friend a couple days ago asked why I wear dark nail polish on my toes. And I didn't go to the ER, I should've but all my friends work there so... I was like "this is embarrassing."

When my daughter was 7 I was going to her school to pick her up. I was running really late (couldn't find my keys) and ran so I could get there in time. I tripped on the sidewalk, fell and broke my fall by putting my arms out straight. I broke both my elbows. Both radial heads in multiple pieces. Surgery to put screws in, then take them out. I was off work about 3 months. I actually enjoyed the time off. It was near Christmas and for once I had the holidays off!

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Oy... What was the seam width supposed to be?
    1/4 inch.. . there is no mark on my sewing machine for 1/4 inch. I even measured it, but apparently measured wrong. It's all sorted out now.

Normally I just make up my own patterns or the last quilt didn't really have to be exact, because it went together just fine. This one has to be exact.....four 2 /12 inch squares have to be sewn together to be 4 1/2 inches or things go very wrong very fast.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post

This was not a disaster, but kind of funny and creepy...yesterday at the grocery store this man asked me if he smelled. I told him I did not smell anything and he gave me this creepy look while pulling on his shirt with one hand and breathing into his other hand and said, "I do smell. I smell me. "... I just walked away.....

lol Ewwww! I had something similar but not quite as strange as yours happen to me the other day. I walked into Starbucks where there were a bunch of people waiting for their drinks and of course a strange dude picks me to talk to. He starts telling me how he's been hiking and his shoes are soaking wet but he's really happy because the rest of him stayed dry. I listened and then said "have a nice day." A minute or so later, I'm sitting in my van drinking my coffee and he taps in the window! Then he says "You know what they call someone from Maine? A maniac!" Um yeah, that's when I started my car and waved goodbye!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast