• Banned User

Theme Park Review's West Coast Bash - Who's Going, and who SHOULD Go?

Hey guys, so Theme Park Review is putting on their annual West Coast Bash. It's a two day event that covers both Six Flags and Knott's Berry Farm. Here's all the info from the site. I really think it'd be cool if we got a good group of MC'ers to go to at least one of the days and represent the coolest Disney fan site online. I know myself, and Brand42 are planning on being there, now the question is, will you be there?
    West Coast Bash 2011 Tickets ON SALE NOW! For all TPR Forum Members and Club TPR Members!

Saturday - March 19th - Six Flags Magic Mountain
    Sunday - March 20th - Knott's Berry Farm

Pricing:
    $53 - Six Flags Magic Mountain (Everyone pays one price)
    $32 - Knott's (Cedar Fair) Season Passholder
    $45 - Knott's KIDS & SENIORS Non-Pass
    $60 - Knott's ADULTS Non-Pass
    $10 - Event T-Shirt Click for shirt design

Event Includes:

Six Flags Magic Mountain:
    - 2 Hours Morning ERT on select coasters
    - Breakfast
    - Catered Lunch
    - Q&A Session with park management
    - 2 Hours Evening ERT on select coasters
    - Free parking until 8:30am
    - Free Kodak Photo Voucher
    - FOUR HOURS of total ERT!
    - Many more surprises and extras that will be announced soon!

Knott's Berry Farm:
    - 2 Hours Morning ERT on select coasters
    - Backstage tour of Timber Mountain Log Ride
    - Backstage tour of Xcelerator
    - Construction Tour of Windseeker
    - Group Lunch
    - TPR Quest Game at Lunch
    - Presentation at Good Times Theater
    - Q&A Session with park management
    - 1 Hour Evening ERT on select coasters
    - Free parking until 8:00am
    - Many more surprises and extras that will be announced soon!
    - ERT is planned for Xcelerator!

THIS SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE!

A final event schedule with more details will be emailed to you prior to the event.

Get your tickets NOW before the sell out!!!

You must have a Knott's Berry Farm for a Cedar Fair pass that is good at all Cedar Fair properties to purchase the Knott's Berry Farm Season Pass price.

If you are registering for more than one person, please complete a separate registration for each member in your party. Choose your options and click "add to cart" for the first person, and then come back to this screen again and choose your options and click "add to cart" for each additional guest.

Event Rules & Additional Details - You MUST be a registered member of Theme Park Review or Club TPR to purchase tickets for this event however your guests do NOT have to be a registered member. *NOTE* If your guest is a past member that has had their account/membership deactivated or banned, they will not be allowed into the event and your account/membership may also be subject to being deactivated or banned and you may also not be allowed into West Coast Bash 2011.
    - Cameras are not allowed on any coasters or rides at Six Flags Magic Mountain or Knott’s Berry Farm.

- All event participants MUST abide by ALL park rules and Theme Park Review’s/Club TPR's code of conduct and terms of service. Violation of park rules is subject to you and your guests removal from the park and your account being banned.

- Q: What do I need to do to attend West Coast Bash 2011?
    A: Simply register online and your event packets, tickets, and other information will be available the morning of the event.

- Q: Do I have to attend both days, or can I attend just one or the other? A: You do not have to attend both days. You can register for one or the other. If you have registered for BOTH days, you will receive TWO event packets in the morning at Magic Mountain.

- Q: Will you have onsite event registration? A: sorry, but no tickets available during morning check in. TICKETS WILL BE LIMITED so register NOW. In 2010, this event SOLD OUT!

- Q: I cannot make it to the park before check-in ends or I need to leave before evening ERT, can I still attend West Coast Bash if I cannot make the entire day? A: Yes, you may arrive after check-in ends. Your event packet will be left at will call or guest relations under the name of the person who registered. If you need to leave before evening ERT, you may do so, but we hope you can stay because it will be amazing! Please note there are NO REFUNDS given if you cannot make the event.

- Q: How old do you have to be to attend West Coast Bash 2011? A: There is no age limit for this event. We will have members as young as KidTums and as old as Jeff Johnson!

- Q: What does "ERT" or "Exclusive Ride Time" mean? A: ERT means that the rides and attractions listed during those times on the schedule are open ONLY to attendees of West Coast Bash 2011.

- If you have any questions about registration you may email [email protected]
    You may also post any questions or comments in the official West Coast Bash thread on Theme Park Review
    Want to get an idea of what West Coast Bash is like? Check out the Photos From Last Year's WCB!
    It's a pretty great deal for what you're getting.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Re: Theme Park Review's West Coast Bash - Who's Going, and who SHOULD Go?

Well if it's only Six Flags and Knotts I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Shifting cargo

It's moments like this where I hate living in Nor Cal. I'd be there in a jiffy if I were any closer. Have fun regardless!!!

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The event last year sold out and I heard it was awesome. Lots of ERT on rides/coasters, behind the scenes tours, presentations from park management and a whole bunch of other stuff.

TPR is hoping to hold their first every Florida bash this year if everything comes together. If it happens I am SO going. I get so jealous seeing all the fun trip reports from the TPR trips. They're epic.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    Well if it's only Six Flags and Knotts I'm out.
    What would make you go to it otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by RedHandedJill View Post
    It's moments like this where I hate living in Nor Cal. I'd be there in a jiffy if I were any closer. Have fun regardless!!!
    Girl, you just need to go to college down here. It's way better than Cold Nor Cal.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    The event last year sold out and I heard it was awesome. Lots of ERT on rides/coasters, behind the scenes tours, presentations from park management and a whole bunch of other stuff.

TPR is hoping to hold their first every Florida bash this year if everything comes together. If it happens I am SO going. I get so jealous seeing all the fun trip reports from the TPR trips. They're epic.
    This is my first year going, and I've heard from everyone that it's a great event. I'm really looking forward to it!
    Really? Sweet!! It seems like Robb and Elissa really love Florida..they're there an awful lot! lol

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    What would make you go to it otherwise?
    I think it has something to do with an oversized, talking, singing, and dancing mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    I think it has something to do with an oversized, talking, singing, and dancing mouse.
    ahaha gotcha. Well, eventually they might get to the point to add it to the lineup, but as we know, it's kinda pricey. But who knows? It could happen.

West Coast Bash is a COASTER event really. It's definitely not for everyone. It's for people that have an interest in amusement parks in GENERAL. Not only Disneyland obviously (which is actually a THEME park anyway...). That said, it's been super fun in years past, offering great bang for your buck. I'll probably go again this year.
    -boy33

Twitter: @boy33

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHandedJill View Post
    You should try to come! Are you going to let me and Jake have all the fun?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by boy33 View Post
    West Coast Bash is a COASTER event really. It's definitely not for everyone. It's for people that have an interest in amusement parks in GENERAL. Not only Disneyland obviously (which is actually a THEME park anyway...). That said, it's been super fun in years past, offering great bang for your buck. I'll probably go again this year.
    Yea that's true. Hope to see you there! It's gonna be a great event this year!

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    You should try to come! Are you going to let me and Jake have all the fun?
    lol if she's not gonna be down there...who am I gonna kiss on log jammer?

• Functional & Decorative

I like the event, but I'm working this year, so it didn't pan out.

I do gotta say that the highlight is often the Q & A with the management... they are often very frank, honest (and just as often funny) and enlightening about what they do. When was the last time Disney management has had an open session Q & A with its fans? Yet SFMM and KFB do this frequently at such events. So we have to give SFMM and KBF and lot more credit for being communicative.

Many from this forum would be well educated to attend and find out why they do what they do.
    Last edited by JesterMn; 01-21-2011 at 08:10 PM.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    It seems like Robb and Elissa really love Florida..they're there an awful lot! lol
    I believe Elissa has family that lives in Florida, so they go to visit them quite a bit (plus it's a good excuse to hit all the parks in the state too).