Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Am I the ONLY person not going shopping on Black Friday?

I'm glad I only need to shop for one person (the guy friend). Everyone else is getting cookies! Yes I'm lazy.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Some people are gluttons for punishment - My neighbor takes off at 6am, sometimes FIVE THIRTY in order to get to the front of madhouse lines in Walmart, toy shops, etc. And she usually doesn't get home til 8pm!!

We do our shopping during the year, and now we only have two or three more to buy.

Day after thanksgiving is for:

Rolaids
    Alka Seltzer
    Mylanta
    Tums
    Gas - X
    and let's not forget Pepto Bismol ...usually in that order

Followed by the ceremonial taking down of Christmas decorations in the attic.

Shopping on Black Friday??? What are these people - INSANE?

• Official MC Thread Killer

Nope.. definately out there shopping with my crazy family. I think we're getting up sometime between 3:30 and 4:30? Fun times ahead.. Carousel Mall, here I come!
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• Go PDF! www.txrd.com

I"m glad I'm not the only one who thinks shopping on Black Friday is totally insane.
    DH works for a local Best Buy and has had to be at work at the wee early hours of the morning in the past..usually between 3-4 am. There are almost always people lined up outside the front doors before he would get there.
    Last year,I had to be at work at 5 am and they were already letting people INSIDE the mall (but not past the svc desk) to keep them from freezing their collective butts off.

I hope that all of you who do go shopping on Black Friday are polite to the cashiers and service people. BF is hell day for them and it really makes it a little better if somebody says please,thank you or is especially polite.

TOV

Hit 'em where it hurts..right in the sales aisle.Help support the 'girl-cotting' of A&F. Pass the word..tell your mom,your sister,your wife and girlfriends.Show your support for women everywhere by supporting the girl-cotting of Abercrombie.

• Waiting for the stork

I used to do that, several years in a rw I got up at 4:30 and was in line for the 5:00 openings,
    (yes go ahead and mock)
    but I was alway home by noon and basicly done with my shopping for the whole season. The best sales are in the first few hours in the morning anyway. around 8 or 9 in the morning I would stop for breakfast, get a second wind and finish up. Home before the major crowds hit, wrap and sort gifts, and then play with the kids.....

but since then I've decided that the urge to impulse buy negates the savings of what I went for....mostly I think because I would shop with a friend, one of these days I'll do it again, but only if I'm by myself, can stick to my list and only my list. you really can save a fortune, if your careful.

However,now I rest, play with the kids, and go to a movie.
    procrastibating

Definitely be nice to the people stuck working during the insanity.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

Nope not I , would not even stop foot in a store. Seven year in retail cured me quickly. HeHe my daughter took a retail job this season wonder what time she will have to be at work. I am so upset she chose to work retail since they may get to come visit from socal to nocal for 24 hours for Christmas I have my fingers crossed that Black Friday will do her in and she'll quit.

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    Ugh ... I am going for the first time ever this year to Arden Fair Mall in Sacramento ... needless to say I am frightened for my life!
    You should be. I've been to Arden Fair on Black Friday AND the day after Christmas. It's pretty scary. Good luck finding a parking space.
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

...and watch out for Santa...

You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

• Go PDF! www.txrd.com

LOL..funny you should say that.

The mall where I used to work does valet parking in part of it's underground lot. One year on Black Friday, they decided to take over part of one of the upper lots also,since the lower area they had staked ou t was full rather quickly.Unbeknownst to me, I had parked in their area (before they decided to stake out several rows of the upper lot). When I appeared late in the afternoon and was heading to my car, I was stopped by a valet who demanded to see my ticket.

I gave him the Withering Stare of She Who'd Been On Her Feet For MOre than Ten HOurs and Just Wanted to Go Home.

Again, he asked for the ticket and I told him I didn't HAVE a ticket. He asked me how I'd gotten my keys back with no ticket.

He asked me why I was parked there with no ticket. It was, he pointed out, valet.

That was it. I was hungry,exhausted and my feet were so sore I felt they were about to fall off. I fixed him with the angriest glare I could muster and told him I'd been at work since around 5 that morning,way before valet took over part of the upper lot. I didn't have a ticket, nor was I going to go get one and PAY for parking since I'd been there way before the valet had. And if he asked me one more time for a ticket, I was going to take my windshield wiper and shove it someplace uncomfortable.

He got the message and backed off quietly. I roared out of the parking lot, nearly ran over a bunch of shoppers who were walking in the middle of the road and yelled some creative obscenities at random people to complete my day o' hellness.

TOV

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

I'm anal retentive as it is. In other words, I finished my Christmas shopping two weeks ago. Sad, but true. And I also tried to buy birthday gifts at the same time, getting that ready as well.

Someone help me. Spontaneity is not my forte.

peace out,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DMCA!

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    Ugh ... I am going for the first time ever this year to Arden Fair Mall in Sacramento ... needless to say I am frightened for my life!
    uhh...good look with that. It's already a madhouse and the shopping "season" hasn't even started. be afraid, be very afraid...and park in the back!

It's always me

• Sex Panther made by Odeon

I would go shopping but Ive gots not money!
    Great Odin's raven!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Nope your not the only one. I'm not going either. Our daughter and her boyfriend are going to his parents on Thusday, so we are doing our Thanksgiving with the kids on Friday, then I work all day Saturday.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

We usually never do, but my husband is talking about going this year! His parents want to head out- which is also weird because they HATE crowds! But since they are going, he is talking about going too. I think it is way worse in Sioux Fals than anyhere in California. There is only one major shopping mall/area and so that is where EVERYONE goes!! At least in other major cities, there are more options.

I don't know, I haven't decided if I will accompany these people or not. I may go just for the entertainment of watching them all wonder why on earth they did this to themselves.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast