Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Thanksgiving traditions....what are yours?

Every year, without fail, at least one member of my family gets sick before or on the big day! This year it's my son's turn!

On a happier note, though, a new tradition began two years ago when my youngest daughter was 8....she LOVES to cook so with minimal help from my husband and me, she makes most of the Thanksgiving meal....but dessert is pumpkin pie from Cold Stone Creamery!

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Re: Thanksgiving traditions....what are yours?

Sorry about your son. I guess our traditions are pretty common. Sleep in, overeat, then watch some football while dozing! I have to have whipped cream on my pumpkin pie, and I can't stand the cranberries in the cranberry sauce. If it isn't shaped like a can, I don't like it! Guess those aren't real traditions, but it is what I remember most from growing up.

These days, being in computer support, it seems like I work most holidays - today included. So much for the sleeping in......
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• Iron-Clad Allie

What a terrific daughter you have! Hope your son feels better soon.

Our whole family gets together with Mom and Dad to enjoy Thanksgiving day together each year. We all help purchase and prepair the meal. We watch movies and sports on tv. Sometimes, we take pictures or play basketball. It's always a good time.

• no flash photography...

I put the turkey n the oven the night before. I wake up to the yummy turkey smell. I then make all the trimmings. My dinner is complete right now. Then I ahve to go to my mother house and "eat" her cooking. She normally serves raw turkey and burnt bread. Nobody is coming this year, but she still expects me to go. I ahve no idea why. yesterday she yelled at me for not making a cheescake....sorry...nobody is coming. I'll show up with a can of olives. I know I'm being bad, but I could careless at this point. I'm really dreading today at my mothers. At least when ohter people show up she's nice. She'll have no incentive now...it's going to be bad....I'll take pictures...LOL

After my mothers I come home and enjoy my dinner. ....I have already enjoyed some of it..

• Oh bother!

My Thanksgiving tradition is to celebrate it in mid-October!

Yay Canada!
    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

OMG...I don't have to go!!! I'm sure i'll get the backlash for this later, but right now I'm sooo overjoyed that I can realx at home and have a stress free day. I thik I'll work on the quilt. 4 days of me time...I'm so happy......yes, I'm also shallow and self centered, but I admit it freely...LOL

My BF is here also, but he's in a turkey coma sleeping with the cats (who are also in a turkey coma) on his bed...LOL

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    OMG...I don't have to go!!! I'm sure i'll get the backlash for this later, but right now I'm sooo overjoyed that I can realx at home and have a stress free day. I thik I'll work on the quilt. 4 days of me time...I'm so happy......yes, I'm also shallow and self centered, but I admit it freely...LOL

My BF is here also, but he's in a turkey coma sleeping with the cats (who are also in a turkey coma) on his bed...LOL
    I was still laughing at the last post you posted, but this took the cake! I am soooooooooo glad you do not have to go over there and put up with crap, I am soooooo glad you can be at peace and at home! but I really would have liked to see pictures of the mom being crazy haaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaa
    HAve a good day Scubabe!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup
    Every year, without fail, at least one member of my family gets sick before or on the big day! This year it's my son's turn!

On a happier note, though, a new tradition began two years ago when my youngest daughter was 8....she LOVES to cook so with minimal help from my husband and me, she makes most of the Thanksgiving meal....but dessert is pumpkin pie from Cold Stone Creamery!
    I am so sorry your boy is ill, I hope its nothing major! did you remember to get flu shots? ok, also remember zycam. ( yeah I am still on the zycam kick!!! ) I hope your day is well sweetie !!!
    and that girl of yours, just a perfect child!! ( how did you and I get so lucky to have these girls! Say hi to mr buttercup and all the little pedals there in your home, love ya
    ( not lurve is that a word ? ok, I am out of here!!!

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

I didnt know Cold Stones has pumpkin pie

• Banned User

arg!!!!!!!! I forgot to cook the pumpkin pie!! with all the food and such I forgot to put the pie in the oven at moms , now I am home and wishing I had. I will have to have it tomorrow

we had peach pie with vanilla ice cream...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    we had peach pie with vanilla ice cream...
    smart arse I wish I had any pie about now!! I am not leaving the house and now I have a sweet tooth, yep life officialy sucks right now!

smart arse??....me??

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

This year I was finally old enough to pass the usual tradition of going to my aunt's. I got to go to my sister's and actually enjoy myself instead. Yay.

Scubabe may be a smartass, but she's funny!

• Pucker Up, Sweetie!

...but dessert is pumpkin pie from Cold Stone Creamery!

You know...I was just telling Kat that when I was little, without fail, I would get sick on Thanksgiving Day!
    Us girls, we're so magical.
    Soft skin, red lips, so kissable.
    Hard to resist, so touchable.
    Too good to deny it.
    Ain't no big deal, it's innocent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast