Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Man O Lantern

Black Friday Shopping.....Did You Go??

I got home by 7 a.m. $600 lighter in the wallet, but 95% of my shopping is done for the girls. I'm so excited that SO many things on their Christmas lists were featured in the 6-hour sales this morning! Between my gradual Amazon shopping and today, it's almost all done...and at amazing prices!

I got up at 4:15, threw on some clothes and ran out the door to my nearest (and largest) Fred Meyer in Beaverton. There's a 24-hour Starbucks about 50 feet from the door...so of course I went in there first.

The doors opened at 5 a.m. and I headed straight for Home Electronics because they had all Gameboy Games 20% off. I grabbed HP GoF and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and took off for the toy department for the Buy One Get One (BOGO ) board games. I grabbed the Star Wars Trivial Pursuit and the Disney Scene It. I also got a guitar for Cassidy, some half price Matchbox cars and headed for the half price sock sale. I got some socks for myself (comfy organic ones I've wanted....yes, I like good socks ), tights for Chloe and then three gorgeous wool scarves for Courtney and me (half price!)....they're SO cute! I grabbed the 99 cent magic gloves.....they're pretty much disposable, but the kids go through them like crazy.

I went to Target and got there just as the doors opened at 6 and headed back to Electronics. I had my heart set on getting Chloe a Gameboy Advance SP Bundle for $68, but they were out. The employee standing there was pretty sure there were more in back, so he took off...other people had been telling us as we walked up that the Gameboys were gone, so most people turned back....but I waited for the employee to come back....apparently they went through 48 boxes in 2 minutes! Oy. I stood there, dejected, pricing the normal Gameboys...and a woman came back and started to put the Bundle back on the shelf. I was stunned.....I asked her if she was sure she didn't want it, and she said she and her sister both grabbed one in the madness, then when they met up, they realized they only needed one. I started crying....so happy. The game in the bundle is a Super Mario World game that was stolen from Courtney at a park a few years ago....her first SP was stolen and that particular game was inside it. We haven't been able to track one down in YEARS!! She's gotten other Mario games, but never as awesome as that one. So I wanted the Gameboy BADLY!! So happy! Chloe is going to be SO shocked and so happy to get her own big girl Gameboy!! I can't wait to see her face!

Then I ran to grab the Millenium Falcon lego set. The employee was just standing there handing them out of a case. I got one of the last five. $50!! Cassidy is SO going to be the happiest kid on earth.

Then I got her a microscope, the bug habitat and headed for the DVDs. I got Napolean Dynamite, Robots, Madagascar, Kicking and Screaming, Bewitched, Charlie and the Choc. Factory...and I think some others. I got Chloe the Hello Kitty flannel sheet set and just for kicks, I headed back to look at bikes (which were not on sale).

I got my ten year old and my seven year old gorgeous aluminum Schwinn bikes....they're really nice! First nice bikes they've had....and I got them more than half off. They're "re-packaged." Great deal...basically a customer bought a bike, they needed a part, Target gives them a part off a bike in a box they have in storage, then order the part for the bike in the box. When the part comes in, they assemble the bike with the new piece and put it out on the floor and sell it 50% off, since it's technically now not new. So....those weren't part of the 6-hour sale, it was just a bit of good luck. Target didn't have a bike sale, so it was me and three Target employees hanging out back there--customer service was great!! They knew so much about the bikes....that never happens. I felt like a queen being followed through the store by two employees pushing my new bikes!

A few weeks ago, I got Chloe the Barbie and the Magic Pegasus barbie, the Mickey Mouse fan barbie and two Fairytopias that were on sale BOGO. That was an awesome deal! I got Courtney the ULTA face case that was in their ad last weekend for $20....it's really nice. She's going to love it! I also got her a bunch of Paul Frank stuff...hat and scarf, mittens, socks, umbrella. I got her the 12th Series of UE book, Eragon and Eldest, the Series of UE DVD, the Barbie/Pegasus DVD. I got Chloe the Finding Nemo, Monster's Inc GBA pack on Amazon, and the Disney Princess GBA game. My dad got Chloe the Barbie guitar (OMG, I kinda want one!), my mom got Cassidy the build your lightsaber kit, my dad got Cass the Yoda lego set off ebay (that's a HUGE ), and we've gotten Chloe tons of Breyer horses and a DVD documentary on some kind of horses and then the matching Breyer horse set!

The only thing I need to buy is a new bike for Chloe bear, a Paul Frank sweatshirt for Courtney (ugh, she freaking LOST hers!) and some stocking stuffers and I'm done with the kids. Kelly and I are done. And we begged everyone in our families to make lists....and all everyone wants are gift certificates. That's SO fortunate...makes my life a TON easier! Kelly's brother and wife want a gc from Crate and Barrel, my sister wants Nordstrom, her husband wants Best Buy, my mom wants a gc from a running shoe store, her husband wants a book store gc, and my dad and his wife don't want anything, so they'll get gc's, I guess.

Good shopping year! I feel SO fortunate!!! I got LUCKY!!
    Last edited by stinkerbell; 11-25-2005 at 08:38 AM.

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Re: Black Friday Shopping.....Did You Go??

Wow - it was actually nice to hear of shopping adventures as I'm still stuck at work. Probably would have braved it if I had the time, but looks like another procrastinating shopping year for us!
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• no flash photography...

hell no....I hate shopping and crowds...imo the mall is the biggest torture devices ever conceived...I just woke up about 30 minutes ago. I'm still in my PJ's and I will be working on my quilt soon. Although I know why I had stopped working on it to begin with. Drawing the pattern on all the pieces is boring and a PITA...LOL...most of my shopping is done as well. I just have to click check out...LOL...the quilt (if I finish it) will be for my parents and I ahve no idea what to egt the grandparents...I'm leaning towards spices or framed pictures of their great granchild.

• Just Me

I will head out in a few hours. I need to go to Target and to Linen's & Things. I am still holding out a tiny bit of hope to find The Boy Moon Shoes, but I did make a back up gift list. We were at Target last week and he found a Yugioh portfolio thingy with some cards already inside, but it was $34.97, so he didn't get it. If I cant find any Moon Shoes, I will get him that. It isn't for Christmas, but for his b-day. At L & T I need to get 1 thing for my m-i-l, and a few things for my s-i-l. After that all I have left is Hubby and my f-i-l...oh, and myself since Hubby is hopeless.

• Man O Lantern

I think I'm going to head back out now. Michael's craft store is having a good sale...not that I'm crafty. But they have a ton of wall frames on sale, and I need frames for the Shag Disneyland lithos I got this summer for the girls' rooms. Been waiting for the right sale to get them framed.

I also need wrapping paper, because I swear....the kids are going to find those toys before nightfall. I'm sitting here guarding the room where everything is stored and it's killing my nerves!

We're cooking a 25 pound turkey today and will get our tree tomorrow. The weather's awful, so we're skipping the parade today...will probably go to the tree lighting tonight, depending on how long it takes for the turkey to cook. Could be a LONG day for me!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Yah.. I was out since 9 last night in line at Best Buy.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey Girl
    oh, and myself since Hubby is hopeless.
    this is my downfall. I always buy stuff for me as well. I have a sephora cart going and 4 things in it are for me...LOL..I just know from years of experience that the gifts I receive will be stuff I can't use or don't like. I'm not really that picky, but every year I egt a robe and flannel pj's. I don't wear flannel pj's and I know have 5 robes I haven't even used. So, I just buy stuff I liek while I'm out or shopping online...LOL..I ahve even tried telling my parents ahead of time what I will like. I get the eye roll and a new robe...LOL...to be hoenst I would love not to get anything or exchange gifts at all. I should put the video up of one of our christmas eves. My mother is throwing gifts at people...literally thorwing them....it's hysterical...and she's talking non-stop...after she watched the video she said, "I never shut up...do I?"...LOL

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie
    Yah.. I was out since 9 last night in line at Best Buy.
    You should copy and paste that onto this thread. I think EVERYONE needs to read it. My jaw is still hanging open.

I never usually get ANYTHING I want for Christmas. It's like this fluky horribly act of God that occurs every December 25th. I just sit there and stare at the crap that people think I'll like....almost insulted.

This year though...I made an Amazon list and I'm getting all the DVDs, CDs, and books that I truly desire. It's like all I had to do is ask!! I'm getting about 15 things I'll truly LOVE....I can't believe it. Things that are JUST FOR ME. And a Sephora card always works for me. So I'm hoping for one or two of those too....

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Ok...

I am soo tired. I'm getting too old to pull all nighters waiting in line. Last night Oogie went down and got in line at Best Buy at 9pm to get his hands on either one of the 349 Laptops or the 149 PC. At around 11, it started raining.. great. Hopefully one of the 35 other people ahead of me in line will leave to increase my chances...

no such luck...

At 3, the manager of Best Buy and several sales associates came out and started giving out tickets for the key items. The guy ahead of me got the last laptop. I'm going to be sending him nightmares for weeks because of that. Fortunatly I was able to get the next to the last PC (my g/f came down and joined me.. she got the last one much to the annoyance of the people behind us). Through it all we had to suffer through 6 hours of rain, people cutting in line then when you tell them that the line is behind us, they suddenly forget how to speak english.

Then the doors opened. The only thing comperable to the horror I witnessed was a few years back when the park released a new set of HMH pins and the ensuing rush of all the pin geeks to get to them. Wheelchairs overturned.. children screaming... little old ladies beating back everyone with thier canes... dogs and cats living together.. mass hysteria. Fortunatly my g/f managed to get us up to the 4th position in line for check out, so I ran over and grabbed a few 1 meg cards for my digital camera. When I got up to the register though, another fiasco occured...

Now my computer cost $147, extra memory was around $25. I figured about $175 for the whole thing. You can imagine Oogies suprise when he said $495. WTF?!?!?!?! I had a manager come over and found that he put in the wrong model number for the computer. Then he gave me a new total. Still off.. he's trying to charge me $100 for the memory. Again I call over the manager and he asks the guy at the register why he's giving me notebook memory instead of the PC memory. Then they try to tack on install fees, and a few other fees that weren't even related to my purchase. Finally after threatening to send LS&B over to live with him for a while, he got the price right. I left Best Buy at 6am only to make it here to work by 8. Sigh... its going to be a long day....
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

^^

and that is why i stay home. I would rather pay more and not deal with chaos. That is why i don't shop at walmart and why, even though costco gas is cheaper, I will go sown the street and pay more so I don't have to sit in line for 30 minutes to buy the cheap gas...LOL

• Gay Man

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    ^^

and that is why i stay home. I would rather pay more and not deal with chaos. That is why i don't shop at walmart and why, even though costco gas is cheaper, I will go sown the street and pay more so I don't have to sit in line for 30 minutes to buy the cheap gas...LOL

I'm with ya there, sistah. I put a high price on my time and my sanity.

• Original Mice-Chatter

not a chance-

and I won't go this evening either.

I also avoid the stores after Christmas too-

I suppose if I had a huge wad of expendable cash and a precise list of what I wanted- it might be interesting to do once. My kids don't make lists- they don't want much of anything-I mean, they do want things, but not like that.

I wonder if I could ever get them to make lists! Slackers....

So no- I will wait. I am also on a tight budget this year- but that's ok- my kids don't need more stuff, not until they get rid of stuff they have..... I think I should institute a rule- if you want a toy, an old one has to go first.

• all started by a mouse

two simple words.....hell no....
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

The hubby and I got up at 5:30 and headed for Academy Sports and Outdoors first thing. Got Amber a leather jacket for $40!! Really nice one, too, she'll be shocked. We also got bikes and helmets for ourselves, they were on sale for $58 each and $8 for the helmets. We've been wanting bikes for years and never had any, I'm excited. We'll get a child seat for the young one so we can go riding as a family.

From there, we hit the mall. It was supposed to be a quick run into Claire's and out because Amber put earrings, a necklace and a bracelet on her list. We got her several pairs of hoop earrings and faux diamond ones, some rings and bracelets. Also a few stocking stuffers for the little ones from the Dora section, LOL!

Stopped at the Disney Store in the mall because Claire's wasn't open when we first got there. Got the girls these really adorable dolls that are bigger like doll babies, not Barbie size, for just $9.99 but the entire store had a 15% discount. We also got each of them a set of pajamas and a new ornament for each of us. If you spent $75, you got a free DVD so we got Bambi because we bought it when it came out and never watched it and can't find the actual DVD anywhere, though the case still looks brand new on the shelf, LOL! Our total was well over $100 and then they did the discount and it came to about $80 so we barely made it to get the free DVD.

Then, my husband found this new store in the mall called FanZone that was just the holy grail of sports stores for him. They had Steelers stuff all over... salt and pepper shakers, antenna balls, air fresheners to hang from the truck mirror, tumbler sets, packs of cards, tshirts, sweat shirts, jersey's, placemat's, a huge blanket just like the one I have that he always wants to use... the list goes on, seriously. I had to drag him out of there by telling him our bikes were in the back of the truck in the parking lot, LOL! I got him an emblem that goes on the tailgate (looks just like the dealer emblems they put on) and the tumbler set. I really want to go back and get him that blanket but his Mom is making him one and he said it was too expensive... but I know he won't like hers as much and it's Christmas (plus his birthday is Dec 5th... what to do?!?)

So, when we got to Academy, it was right before it opened and there were probably 50 - 75 people in line. We got in there and the doors opened and the jackets we were looking for were right inside the door. Grabbed an XS and moved on to the bikes, found ours in less than 10 minutes and our helmets and we were out of there. It wasn't bad at all. The mall also wasn't bad at all, there were maybe 10 cars in the section of parking lot that we parked in, right near the doors. The worst was the Disney Store and that's just because it is so small that it's always hard to maneuver in there. We were quite surprised with the ease of getting what we went out for... and more. LOL!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• Banned User

I wanted to go so bad today I could taste iT!!! I am so sad I can not even get into the shower with out screaming in pain!! I missed getting the leapster, the rock em sockem for the boys, and RAchal tells me at he last minute she also wants a game boy sp. I think you guys did a wonderful joy, I am happy you got what you needed and you are almost done with christmas. good for you!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast