• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Tom Cruise Buys Sonogram Machine for Katie

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,176576,00.html

The 43-year-old actor said the couple will do their own sonograms, which show fetus development with ultrasound waves.
    Wow, he REALLY thinks he is a doctor now! There is still conflict in the medical world as to the effect multiple sonograms can have on a fetus. Most doctors say that you should only have one or two during pregnancy unless otherwise indicated.

Ultrasound sonography is an important tool used to determine the health of a fetus and is not meant as a novelty. Some doctors even question the safety of 3-d and 4-d sonograms since most are done for "fun" and not for diagnostic purposes.

I work in radiology and this is so rediculous to me- I really hope they are supplementing their own ultrasounds with one done by a professional who knows where and what to look for and how to interpret an ultrasound. And if their kid pops out with scrambled brains from the daily ultrasounds Tom does to bask in the glory of his creation, we he will have gotten what he deserves.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Island Paradise

Re: Tom Cruise Buys Sonogram Machine for Katie

It's just weird.

• Give Peace a Chance

I've read articles that have suggested ultrasound studies during pregnancy may have an effect on human development - such as speech delay. Though this is not my area of expertise, I think U/S should be used as a diagnostic method only, not at the whim of parents. Let's hope the child will suffer no ill effects and that the prospective parents have sense enough to have bought the machine only so that Katie will not have to go though the publicity of traveling to and from a doctors office.
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

• Aw....man !

Considering the behavior he's exhibited lately, I guess this shouldn't surprise me...and yet even this is a little extreme.
    I fear for the well being of that child - before, and after it's born.
    It's a pity that Katie seems to have just resigned herself to accept it all.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

I saw this and stuck to my own decision to not start any post discussing Tom Cruise. He disgusts me. His behavior is bizarre at best and he claims to be more of an expert than folks with years of training.
    He also has become a media whore - I don't want to help him out

• Go PDF! www.txrd.com

I'm surprised he believes they need this thing. He's a Scientologist, and if he's a 'Clear' (highest level),you don't need doctors at all. Or..that's what it says in my copy of Dianetics.

I am NOT a Scientologist..DH was pressured into buying a copy when we visited the State Fair back in Oct after having a 'free stress test' given by the Scientologists. But I have been reading it and trying to understand. Most of it just makes me go WTF? Because it says that if you're 'cleared' of all your 'engrams', then every problem you have from depression (which is psychosomatic,it tells you)to common colds to arthritis and even CANCER will go away.

*shakes heads*

They are total nutjobs. Nutty as bloody fruitcakes.

TOV

Hit 'em where it hurts..right in the sales aisle.Help support the 'girl-cotting' of A&F. Pass the word..tell your mom,your sister,your wife and girlfriends.Show your support for women everywhere by supporting the girl-cotting of Abercrombie.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

He is a freak, She is a freak, That kid has no chance. If the sonogram does cause brain damage, being the offspring of those 2, no one will notice.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth