• Soy una Cornquistadora!

Snow White, 7 Dwarves Disappear!

from the local paper:

Mirror on the wall, who stole Snow White, 7 lawn dwarves?

By Kelli Phillips

CONTRA COSTA TIMES

ROSSMOOR - Hi-ho, hi-ho. Where did Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs go?
    For 30 years, the Disney characters lived in Patricia and Simon Trapani's garden, until thieves made off with the lawn ornaments over the weekend.
    "They were kind of unique and a fun thing," Patricia Trapani said Tuesday. "It meant a great deal to us and the family." The 73-year-old Rossmoor resident noticed the garden statues were missing Saturday when she went to decorate them with red Christmas ribbons.
    Simon Trapani already checked eBay, but there's no sign of the black-washed, concrete statues that weighed a combined 350 to 400 pounds. The dwarfs were 2-feet tall and Snow White stood about 30 inches.
    The couple brought them to the gated senior community when they moved from Kenwood, near Sonoma, 15 months ago. "Out of all the stuff we had, that was the one thing I couldn't part with," said Patricia Trapani.
    The Trapanis got a permit to improve a common area in the condo complex and created a garden. Dopey and Snow White stood across from Doc and Happy. Sneezy was near a birdbath and Sleepy was under a tree while Bashful and Grumpy stood alone.
    "It was fun. There was never a day I didn't go out and look at them," Patricia said.
    The 1937 movie was Disney's first full-length animated feature and the first Disney film Patricia Trapani saw as a child. Simon painted her a picture of the characters not long after they met as teenagers, she said. As years passed, he continued painting other Disney characters for the couple's children.
    So, when Patricia saw the statues at an outdoor supply store in Sonoma, she had to buy them. "It was just something that meant a lot to the kids and to me," she said. "I don't think they're replaceable."
    double the powder and shorten the fuse?

• Why do you keep talking?

Re: Snow White, 7 Dwarves Disappear!

People are stupid for stealing stuff like that. My guess it's local kids playing a cruel prank as I don't see theives takign this to support their drug habbit...then again, people have done weider stuff...
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Soy una Cornquistadora!

Re: Snow White, 7 Dwarves Disappear!

they were decorated with christmas bows every year! yeah, its pretty cold. they were stolen from a gated community, even... not far from where i used to live.
    double the powder and shorten the fuse?