Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Go PDF! www.txrd.com

Ok so I almost lost my job today...

for something totally not even CLOSE to my fault.

Last Friday (a week ago) we got secret shopped. If you don't know what that is, the company hires somebody to come and grade you on your performance. Problem is, you don't know you're being graded until you get the report back.

So anyway..last week we were shopped at my job. Somebody (the boss isn't sure who)got shopped who wasn't wearing her nametag. That's like 10 points off, plus another 5 or so off for a 'bad greeting' (i.e. not saying How are you doing today, or something to that effect). Which wouldn't have been so bad if those were the ONLY points we lost.

But due to the way the food was prepared, we lost another 50 points,making our total score 50 point something. When the head managing partner of the resteraunt found out, he wanted to fire EVERYBODY who worked that shift, kitchen and cashiers. Even though it wasn't the cashiers' fault we lost all those points.

My boss was able to convince the partner NOT to fire us and told me that if we got fired from this resteraunt the company would make it damn near impossible for us to find any other job. Ever. Which has made me seriously scared. I don't like being this nervous.

So..I'm off to Monster.com to see what jobs I can scare up. Wish me luck!

TOV

Hit 'em where it hurts..right in the sales aisle.Help support the 'girl-cotting' of A&F. Pass the word..tell your mom,your sister,your wife and girlfriends.Show your support for women everywhere by supporting the girl-cotting of Abercrombie.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Oh no!!

Good luck on the job hunt! Hopefully you find something quick!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Go PDF! www.txrd.com

Well, I have been subbing part time for the local school system as a lunchlady. I want to do it fulltime but there aren't any fulltime spots open right now. HOWEVER..they are building a NEW school about 15 min from my house. I'm calling the head of Child Nutrition tomorrow to ask about it.

TOV

Hit 'em where it hurts..right in the sales aisle.Help support the 'girl-cotting' of A&F. Pass the word..tell your mom,your sister,your wife and girlfriends.Show your support for women everywhere by supporting the girl-cotting of Abercrombie.

• Zapp's Minion :D

Best of luck!!

• Senior Minion

Best of luck to you, Those Secret shoppers are the worst sometimes. At a retail store I worked at we figured out who the secret shopper was(obviously Secret no more) It sucks when You miss offering service with a smile, Greeting someone, Offering add-ons, or Offering Credit. Because It could be your "off" day when a person gets relaxed about the work. It's real easy to fall to. Best wishes in your job hunt.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Back home :-(

Oh those secret shoppers... it's such a hit and miss thing.

We get secret shopped about once a month... the first time we got secret shopped, I was part of the reason we got points off (for a really stupid thing, I should have known better :P - in my defence, my points were really minor compared to the other things we got marked off on) the second time, I was our saving grace.

It's such a hit and miss thing, I'm surprised that the head managing partner wanted to fire everyone and start over. Really not a good managing practice!

Best of luck in finding a new job!

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

Also, if I'm not mistaken about this (and I don't think I am) there is no legal way that an ex-employer can slander you to the point where you can't get another job. I believe about all they can say when contacted by your prospective employer is, "yes, she worked here." Score one for the lawyers.

Am I correct on this?

Quote Originally Posted by speederscout
    Also, if I'm not mistaken about this (and I don't think I am) there is no legal way that an ex-employer can slander you to the point where you can't get another job. I believe about all they can say when contacted by your prospective employer is, "yes, she worked here." Score one for the lawyers.

Am I correct on this?
    I know it is policy where I work to only ask what the individual's duties were and if the former employer would hire them again. I know it is based on law but not sure if the law is so specific.
    I didn't say a word.

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by speederscout

Am I correct on this?
    As someone who is occaisionally in a position to give job references (now isn't that a scary thought), my basic rule of thumb is to follow the old addage, "If you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything at all." Of course, if you don't say anything, is that code for saying, "don't hire this guy?" Fortunately I haven't had to do that yet ....
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherVillainess
    Well, I have been subbing part time for the local school system as a lunchlady. I want to do it fulltime but there aren't any fulltime spots open right now. HOWEVER..they are building a NEW school about 15 min from my house. I'm calling the head of Child Nutrition tomorrow to ask about it.

TOV
    wow.. you want to work in that.... What kind of food does your school serve.. (mine serves crap.... sometimes it is barely edible... sometimes the teachers get the same thing..)

good luck finding the right job...

• Go PDF! www.txrd.com

From what I've seen (and I"ve only worked in Elem. schools..so I don't know if the middle/high schools get different things..), it's not all that bad. My favorite so far was the Fruit Poppers (kind of like McDonald's Hot Apple Pie..yum!).

And hell yeah I wanna work in that! I'd be making MORE money for doing a helluva lot less work. PLUS I'd get every school holiday off and summers. I'd never have to work nights again, either. Who wouldn't want that?

I'd also get benefits (medical, dental, etc) that I'm not getting through my current employer, which is a major perk for me also.

TOV

• Waiting for the stork

Good Luck TOV I hope you get the job you want...It sounds like a good move for you anyway, who wants to work for someone that treats them like that....
    procrastibating

• e komo mai

Good luck TOV.

Don't you wish we could have secret shoppers for our lawmakers? I mean, how many points could be taken off for the stuff they do?

• Banned User

Watch out for the Secret shoppers at those schools... they can be tricky...

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

Figment! I wish you the best of luck in ALL of your endevors TOV!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast