Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Lets honor the men and women fight overseas during this Christmas season.

Anyone have any relatives or friends fighting overseas during the Christmas holiday? Lets keep them and their families in our thoughts during this season.

I have an Uncle fighting in Iraq. I wish everyone overseas a happy holiday, and I am pretty sure that on behalf of everyone from Mice Chat, we would like to say thinks to all of the brave souls in the armed forces fighting overseas. Keep up the good work! I hope you return safely. I will try to keep this thread going strong for them over the holiday season.

• Sock Puppet

Re: Lets honor the men and women fight overseas during this Christmas season.

Here, here!

Let us also not forget the thousands of men and women underway and on station with the Navy. The Navy has received very little press attention lately, but is always deployed throughout the world's oceans and many remain underway on Christmas day.

• Minion

Here, here!

National Guardsmen friend (and former WDW CM) of ours is serving in Iraq, while his wife and two kids anxiously await his return. Stay safe out there, Steve!

• Guardian Construct

I am sending a huge set of care packages off to the marines! I know they like to hear words of ecouragement from home. We are thinking about you over there. if we get enough post here i might print this off and send it to the too.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Please do Levi, Please do.

Now I know that you guys may not be WWE, wrestling fans, but right now WWE is doing something really special for the troops in Iraq for Christmas. They are going over seas and putting on free wrestling shows. I believe their live Christmas wrestling special in Iraq will air on UPN Friday December 23 at 8/7c.for those interested.

But with that out of the way, I want to thank a few other groups of people fighting overseas.

The people who have to take supplies in and out of Iraq, the soldiers who have lost their lives for us, the fallen soldiers families, and all of the kind people and organizations from all over the world who send nice things to show their appreciation.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Coincidentally, my mother just sent me an email today which contained a letter my grandpa wrote about his war experience mostly in WWII. He was a POW for over a year. I just particularly liked this passage as a reminder of the difficult times our troops have overseas.

Our question was, What happens to us? Would we be surrendered to the Russians? Would we be abandoned? Would we be moved? Or what? My friend finally concluded that whatever happened, it would be interesting. He said, "Even if they shoot us, it will hold a man's attention."
    So it wasn't a life lending itself to the usual frivolities. There were attempts to escape reality and take refuge in make-believe, but nothing ever really supplanted for long those gnawing torments of loneliness and anxiety. I was later to serve 18 months in the Korean War, but at higher headquarters. Being removed from the direct eyeball-to-eyeball contact with the enemy made for a less intensive personal and emotional experience. But it was still war, and I had long found war to be generally unglamorous and inglorious.
    I don't know if this applies in this thread, but reading it made me really appreciate what he did and what people are still doing for us.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink
    Coincidentally, my mother just sent me an email today which contained a letter my grandpa wrote about his war experience mostly in WWII. He was a POW for over a year. I just particularly liked this passage as a reminder of the difficult times our troops have overseas.

I don't know if this applies in this thread, but reading it made me really appreciate what he did and what people are still doing for us.
    I love the story. I hope Levi, does send this out with the care packages.

• Iron-Clad Allie

This Christmas season is the most important time of the year to honor those who make personal sacradices and risk their lives on foreign soil in the name of decency and freedom.

WE PROUDLY SALUTE YOU,

OUR NATION'S PROTECTERS,

BOTH PRESENT AND PAST

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I love those images RW. The one with the mom and little boy in front of the grave with their family behind them is really sad though .

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    I love those images RW. The one with the mom and little boy in front of the grave with their family behind them is really sad though .
    A soldier's family is to be honored too, as they are silent heroes that bravely carry on in the name of their beloved husband, wife, son, daughter, father or mother. It is indeed sad, although it is said that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Love keeps us forever united and close, regardless of circumstances.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-06-2005 at 08:00 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    A soldier's family is to be honored too, as they are silent heroes that bravely carry on in the name of their beloved husband, wife, son, daughter, father or mother. It is indeed sad, although it is said that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Love keeps us forever united and close, regardless of cercumstances.
    I love that quote. That was a good one RW .

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Well as I said before I would like to thank the troops, their families/friends, the fallen soldiers, and the families of the fallen soldiers for letting these people sacrifice their lives for mine. I wish all the troops overseas a Happy Holiday .

• Oh bother!

My husband has served 22 years and I've served almost 10 years with the Canadian Forces. We certainly know our share of American personnel and our thoughts and prayers are with them and their families for the courage they have shown and the sacrifices they have made.

Please don't forget about the troops from other countries either... Right now Canada has operations in Afghanistan, Bosnia-Herzegovina, the Golan Heights, Sinai and Jerusalem.

My husband has just returnd from his second time. Due to both our deployments, this will be the first Christmas we've been together since we've been married. That is the best Christmas present I could ever receive.
    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

My best friend's husband and his... batallion? are scheduled to come home the 22nd. It's been pushed back a few times but R. thinks that this will really be it. Her son is TOTALLY psyched!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

This is my DH's first deployment, he leaves next week for Asia for 6 months.
    He'll be gone for Christmas, as well as the birth of our third.
    I'm doing really good at keeping busy so I don't have time to stop and think about him actually being gone.

I just want to let you all know that your messages of support and thanks really bring a tear to my eye right now (in a good way!), so thanks you!
    I reject your reality, and subsitute my own!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast