Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arctic Blast!

• insufferable know-it-all

Arctic Blast!

Wow, looks like it's REALLY COLD in the middle of the nation today! Even Dallas is going to get snow!

Let's hear from the folks suffering through it!

(As I sit here complaining about the "freezing cold" temps in the 40's here in OC)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Re: Arctic Blast!

Ha, I was just bit... er, discussing this in the DMCA. It's friggen freezing. It was 29 when I came in this morning and now it's down to 26 - I'm in Fort Worth, btw. There was already freezing rain falling, yet here we still sit at work as it keeps raining and the temperature keeps dropping. My friend's group already got sent home... I'm a jealous, bitter, hag. It's not really THAT bad, I just like to milk it... hehehe!!

They were saying we would get a few inches of snow but they changed it to just freezing rain yesterday, and that's what we've got so far. It's supposed to really gear up around noon, so we shall see.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Per my thermometer, I'm at -18 with the sun shining.
    It's beautiful, the sun is making the snow sparkle. No wind today so the cold is bearable!
    29, folks would wear shorts with that temp!

• Original Mice-Chatter

5 below this morning- with wind chill it's -30

I want to stay home, in bed....it's miserable out here. The sun is shining, and the high is only expected to get to 6 or 8.

I hate the cold- and I am rapidly running through my warm clothes. bah!

• The answer is 42

I think our high today is supposed to be maybe 30...but boy do they have the heat in the office cranked up to compensate. Guess I shouldn't complain though...stay warm Nephythys!
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a dark side & a light side and it binds the Universe together.

• insufferable know-it-all

Huh... well, it's been chilly here in the mornings, but they're saying it'll get up to 70 midday. 'Course, I won't get to see it because I'll be in the office when it's actually warm out. Still, hearing how cold it is outside California reminds me how warm it actually is here.

Ugh, I remember Dallas in the snow - but this early?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

Today is a brisk 22 below zero!! A high of 5 today and below zero again tonight. yep, its cold folks!!

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Thing is, though, I'm in Texas. It was almost 90 degrees just 4 days ago, I kid you not. I took the kids to the park in short sleeves and jeans and their little cheeks were so red I was afraid they would pass out. We just aren't equipped to handle this sort of weather. People move here to get away from this sort of weather!

I mean, I live here where it's well over 100 every day in the summer. I went to Florida and it was in the 90's and I felt like I was melting. I went to California and it was hotter by temperature, but I was nice and comfy sitting in D-mom's backyard by the pool. It just isn't what we're used to and it gets more dangerous when people who aren't used to it then get into their cars (or big honkin redneck trucks) and get out on the road.

It has actually brightened up outside some, almost looks like daylight again. But the temp is down to 24 now. It's so weird, we hardly ever get below freezing and it certainly doesn't ever get colder as the day progresses - LOL!!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

It is 12 here right now. That is the warmest I have seen in like a week! We have a high of 17 today! Maybe we'll actually go outside! I haven't left my house in a week because it is just too miserable!

But I leave for California in less than a week now!!!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Frankly, I'm getting punished. We decided this year to NOT visit my in-laws in Wisconsin for Christmas. The issues were scheduling and financing, but for me, I was happy not to be freezing in Madison during the winter.

Now this. The cold finds me. Well, I guess it serves me right.

peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by Roo719
    Frankly, I'm getting punished. We decided this year to NOT visit my in-laws in Wisconsin for Christmas. The issues were scheduling and financing, but for me, I was happy not to be freezing in Madison during the winter.

Now this. The cold finds me. Well, I guess it serves me right.

peace,
    Roo
    at least I am not suffering out here in CO alone

• Senior Minion

We had frost on the ground up here, nothing compared to the snow of the midwest. Geez TinkPink I cant imagine how that feels.12? WHOA!
    We had a freeze warning the last couple of days and we actually hit the high 20's.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    Wow, looks like it's REALLY COLD in the middle of the nation today! Even Dallas is going to get snow!

Let's hear from the folks suffering through it!

(As I sit here complaining about the "freezing cold" temps in the 40's here in OC)
    Believe me, 40's isn't anything compared to the 20's we get here in Kentucky. Well Wait, I just read the temps in Karla's and Nephy's neck of the states, and now 20 degrees does not sound that bad.

• Minion

When I sent Eric off to work today it was 0 with a wind chill of -9 here in Menomonee Falls, WI(it's a suburb of Milwaukee!). This California boy was freezing his butt off!!!! It's 12 now with a wind chill of 1. It's supposed to get up to 19 tomorrow and highs in the low to mid 30's until Thurs when we're supposed to be back in the 20's. On one hand it makes you feel more alive when it's cold. On the other hand, it makes you feel like you're going to die if you stay out in it for more than a moment. I'll be glad for 20's and 30's and snow!

• And, THEN she said...

Well, its 32 right now with the sun shining.. at 12:19 pm CST its been 19 at night here for the past 2 nights..we have a winter storm warning for all counties to take effect for tomorrow..guess they do this out here so people have a chance to get ready..and they are calling for our first measurable snow tomorow..

My Califorina butt isnt liking this one bit!! if it warms up..going out to get a load of wood in..luckily we got the horses a big roll of field hay so I dont have to go out and feed in the mornings..Im so sick of my hose staying frozen solid!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast