Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Toad Hall

Talking Craving a Dole Whip! You no longer need to go to DLR for it! Get it right in LA!

Ok I came across this actually on yelp and was amazed that this place just opened at the corner of Fairfax and Santa Monica Blvd. Its called the HOUSE OF DOLEWHIP and they serve the perfect dole whip and floats along with other flavor of dole products. Its a great place and it tastes like the real thing. Now i can get my fix of DoleWhip any time I want. Also this week, they have a groupon deal! For $5 you get $10. Im so buying it right now!

heres the link to groupon! yay

House of DoleWhip Deal of the Day | Groupon Los Angeles

<font size=4> </font>

• DLR Cast Member

Re: Craving a Dole Whip! You no longer need to go to DLR for it! Get it right in LA!

West Hollywood, hmmm, that might be a drive for a lot of people. I know the area, though. Just a warning to anyone considering the trip: Santa Monica Blvd and Fairfax Ave in West Hollywood is a rather congested area traffic-wise. Allow yourself some time to get around the area and park. According to reviews, the prices are about the same as DL's prices. So if you've got an AP, it's probably less hassle to just hit up the Tiki Room and make use of your AP discount. OTOH, if you want multiple flavors, you'll just have to make the trek to WeHo.

• Senior Minion

Re: Craving a Dole Whip! You no longer need to go to DLR for it! Get it right in LA!

Sorry for this question but here it comes anyway...

Can someone tell me exactly what a Dolewhip is? I am fascinated.

(BTW I have only recently learned what a churro is and I plan on eating several when at DLR)
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Sorry for this question but here it comes anyway...

Can someone tell me exactly what a Dolewhip is? I am fascinated.

(BTW I have only recently learned what a churro is and I plan on eating several when at DLR)
    It's similar to a root beer float, vanilla ice cream in root beer, except it's a tropical, pineapple version. Basically, it's pineapple flavored ice cream (though it's a bit softer than ice cream, the texture is like a cross between frozen yogurt and ice cream, and it's kind of swirled and whipped) in pineapple juice. It's simple, but it's pretty good, at least on a hot day when you're really thirsty, it's an amazing snack/drink.

Hey, this is the Guys over at House of Dolewhip, we wanted to thank you for posting information about us, anyway. Yes the traffic over here can be a little crazy but it really depends on the time of day. Just on a side note , as for the parking, we offer FREE 1 hour parking right in the parking garage, beside our store. So no need to drive around looking for parking. Thanks again posting us.

• Applying history

Awesome, thanks for this! Just bought one. Anyone know what the six flavors are?
    Space Shuttle, this is flight safety, please keep your hands and arms inside the car, and remain seated while in motion. You are clear for launch.

Twitter | Tumblr | LiveJournal

If you are in Northern California, they also have it at Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk now.

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by diametricdreams View Post
    Anyone know what the six flavors are?
    I suspect they're Heaven, Paradise, Nirvana, Eden, Salvation, and Himmel.

• Disneyland Nut

How fun! Next time we're in town, we'll have to check it out.

• Toad Hall

The six flavors are: Pineapple, Orange, Strawberry, Vanilla, Chocolate, and some other berry flavor. They also have 4 frozen yogurt flavors but those six are all dole products.
    <font size=4> </font>

• Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by WildForMrToad View Post
    Ok I came across this actually on yelp and was amazed that this place just opened at the corner of Fairfax and Santa Monica Blvd. Its called the HOUSE OF DOLEWHIP and they serve the perfect dole whip and floats along with other flavor of dole products. Its a great place and it tastes like the real thing. Now i can get my fix of DoleWhip any time I want. Also this week, they have a groupon deal! For $5 you get $10. Im so buying it right now!

heres the link to groupon! yay

House of DoleWhip Deal of the Day | Groupon Los Angeles

No.

The only real place to get a Dole Whip is the Dole Plantation and even then you have to earn it by finding your way out of the maze. Those are my family's official rule

I was told by an employee at Nubi Yogurt that the pineapple sorbet they sell is made by Dole. is this the same as the Dole Pineapple Whip?

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

You can also make your own at home.
    The mix is available for purchase.
    I bought some a few years ago.
    It was great.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• I also like Stitch!

Dole Whip mix. Is it avalible in Texas? Please say yes!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I always compared Dole Whips to the texture of meringue. Oh too bad none of my family lives in L.A. anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast