Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Gifts for the teachers, what are you getting them?

I went today and was like what am I going to get all three teachers? we do not have a star bucks, I am not sure they even do coffee, and basically I was in a cloud as to what to buy people I do not know. I settled on a box of fine choclates for all three, do you think this is a good enough gift for pre school teachers ( my boys) and a 6th grade man teacher.?? I hope so I just could not decide!!

Re: Gifts for the teachers, what are you getting them?

Katrina's teachers are getting gift cards from Borders. Her school sent out a teacher's wish list and both her teachers want Borders gift cards. The chocolates are fine especially when you don't know them well.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Wolfettte's class pitched in $5.00 each, and let the Room Mom buy something from all of us. Still going to get her a little something....probably a Christmas ornament.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WFoxx
    Katrina's teachers are getting gift cards from Borders. Her school sent out a teacher's wish list and both her teachers want Borders gift cards. The chocolates are fine especially when you don't know them well.
    wow I have never seen a teachers wish list ! they acually do this? that would be cool. what is boarders? we have no fancy stores here and I was at such a loss as to what to get. Now I hope I get some fine choclates Maybe I should have got gift cards to a book store? OYE oh well, next year I will acually ask the teachers. boy the teachers where you live must rake in the goodies. I hope the poor kids who can not afford gifts for there teachers do not feel so bad. Rachal said a few years ago that a girl was so sad she could not give a gift, so Rachal got her something to give to her teacher, The little girl told rachal she felt so much better .

• Banned User

ornament, I never thought of that! OYE that wold have been good to.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Such cute Teacher's Christmas Ornaments out there...check out Hallmark, if you have one.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Waiting for the stork

as a former preschool teacher...Chocolates are fine...

we dont want major gifts, just a nice token that you recognise what your teacher does for your child and your family.

anything is appreciated
    procrastibating

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

^ borders is a book store. I have seen teachers wish lists too, allot of times they have supplies for the classroom. You can buy an on-line card from office depot, staples or office max, they can redeem it on-line also.
    I have friends who don't do gift, they take class supples in during the year. When you shop at club stores you always get more than most need right away so they send the extra to the teachers. Teachers have to buy allot of there supples. Even little things like tissue, staples and sanitizing gel help them out.
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• Waiting for the stork

To answer the original question (I think I forgot that in my earlier post)

my kids teachers (8 of them) are getting mugs with hot choco packets, I may add some chocolat spoons and mimisarshmellow packs to make them a bit more special, but you can find the mug just about everywhere this time of year (there usualy around a buck a piece and you fill it and wrap it with cello...easy and apreciated (plus it fit's in everyones budget) and teachers oftain keep mugs at school to use.
    procrastibating

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

TB - I saw at target cute little chocolate covered peppermint stir sticks. I was thinking of doing a similar thing for my coworkers with those and some peppermint bark.

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    I went today and was like what am I going to get all three teachers? we do not have a star bucks, I am not sure they even do coffee, and basically I was in a cloud as to what to buy people I do not know. I settled on a box of fine choclates for all three, do you think this is a good enough gift for pre school teachers ( my boys) and a 6th grade man teacher.?? I hope so I just could not decide!!
    My boyfriend is a teacher, and he always appreciates chocolate, or gift certificate to borders, or barnes and noble. Cant go wrong with that, they can always buy something to use in the class room

• Winter in Oceanside...

As a former teacher...

What not to get: mugs - we get so many of these that often they end up at GoodWill. Smelly bath/lotion stuff: there are some nice stuff out there, but ofter you end up getting something you don't like (I hate vanilla scent and got a lot of bubble bath or candles in that).

I realize it is the thought that counts, but I also don't want you to waste your money.

I liked getting plants which I would leave in the classroom and let the students help me take care of them.

• My cuties!

As a former teacher, I have to say it is best to avoid anything with the saying, "2 Teach is 2 Touch a Life 4ever". That is the most overused expression for teachers.

I loved getting personal notes, whether they were written by the kids or parents. Homemade treats were always great too!

• no flash photography...

I have never gotten a teacher anything...not surprising,...maybe if they could teach well I would consider it, but I have very little respect for my childs teachers. They are hiring anyone with a pulse out here...it's sad...I'm sure there are some geat teachers on this board so unless you teach in the antelope alley...then this does not apply to you..

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Being a teacher, it makes me feel good to see this thread. I know for myself, I always feel awkward with receiving gifts from parents--it is truly appreciated. Even a card is nice.

Thanks for thinking of your teachers. I know they really enjoy it.

Peace to you,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast