View Poll Results: Should the mods close the "Can't say Merry Christmas in Disneyland" thread?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

28 50.91%
  • No

27 49.09%

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Would you like to "lock" the "Can't say Merry Christmas in Disneyland" thread?

Thanks for your vote!!
    I know this will probably get merged, but I figured what the heck!!
    Merry Chrismas
    Happy New Year
    Happy Holidays
    Happy Chanukah
    Merry Ramadan
    Joyful Kwanza
    to all, and to all a good night!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Would you like to "lock" the "Can't say Merry Christmas in Disneyland" thread?

As it's Disneyland, perhaps...

or it should be HAPPY HOLIDAYS, a universal salutation.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Re: Would you like to "lock" the "Can't say Merry Christmas in Disneyland" thread?

How is Disneyphile going to win her crates of Red Vines if you close it?

• The one, the only...

For those who believe that censorship is important on Micechat, please vote for this. Why is so many people upset that people want to talk about this? Censorship is when some people want to prevent some ideas from being communicated to others. People on the right AND on the left censor things. This whole question just proves it. If you don' t like the post, then ignore it!

But there are some people cannot allow others to think for themselves and decide.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    For those who believe that censorship is important on Micechat, please vote for this. Why is so many people upset that people want to talk about this? Censorship is when some people want to prevent some ideas from being communicated to others. People on the right AND on the left censor things. This whole question just proves it. If you don' t like the post, then ignore it!

But there are some people cannot allow others to think for themselves and decide.
    Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, lighten up! This whole poll thingy was meant as a joke.
    Nobodys gonna lock up that lamo thread anyway, and if they did, I'd ask, WHY?
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

As long as people have something to contribute or derail it with, let them at it!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Rally Time!

i got bored reading it after the first page, and haven't been back. this "Poll" question piqued my interest, so i read this thread, but not enough so to go back and read the thread in question.

And i don't even care enough to vote on this poll, one way or another.
    bottom line, if you don't like a thread, you know you don't have to read it, right? seriously.

Merry Christmas
    a friend of Walt.

• Banned User

yes i think this thread up... as jokes are silly and you can't be silly during the holidays...

-says the man wh's listening to pomp & circumstacnce in december and not graduating for many years...-

• The one, the only...

I have re-read the original post above and don't see how that is a joke. I know that in the thread people were seriously suggested locking it. I don't see why people are so "up-tight" about asking the question about why there is not a Merry Christmas sign in IASM Holidays around the world addition. It seems like a valid question to me.

I find it funny that the people who urging people to "Let this go!" and complaing that "it is still going" are the same that are making the most posts to get people to see the topic. It's kinda ironic isn't it!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

As long as people want to talk about it, then it should remain unlocked. It will die on it's own. I have to say I'm pretty shocked at how many people voted yes.

For those who believe that censorship is important on Micechat, please vote for this.
    Totally agree.

• Shpadoinkle

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    For those who believe that censorship is important on Micechat, please vote for this.
    Hahahaha as if there isn't censorship on MiceChat anyway.

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    Thanks for your vote!!
    I know this will probably get merged, but I figured what the heck!!
    Merry Chrismas
    Happy New Year
    Happy Holidays
    Happy Chanukah
    Merry Ramadan
    Joyful Kwanza
    to all, and to all a good night!
    Will you (and others) please stop posting crap threads like this? The mods are doing their job. The best thing you can do to help the mods do their job is to use the REPORT POST button, not start BS threads like this one.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog
    Will you (and others) please stop posting crap threads like this? The mods are doing their job. The best thing you can do to help the mods do their job is to use the REPORT POST button, not start BS threads like this one.
    WOW, a little sensitive today, are we?
    I never implied the mods weren't doing their jobs. I think the mods here at Micechat are GREAT!!
    As far as I am concerned, there is NO post to report in the aforementioned thread.
    As I said before, my original intent was to post this thread for laughs, assuming (wrongly) that the mods would merge it anyways since it is HIGHLY unlikely that they would lock a thread because it rankles people.
    Sorry that this thread got some people upset, what with all of the talk about sensorship and post reporting.
    I never meant to get some of you upset, but you gotta admit that it is interesting that roughly half of the people think that closing the aforementioned thread would be a good idea. That suprises me, especially on Micechat!!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    WOW, a little sensitive today, are we?
    I never implied the mods weren't doing their jobs. I think the mods here at Micechat are GREAT!!
    LOL the MC mods are great, that's why I'm friends with a lot of em heheh

I just hear them complain when people start threads like this, and those people mean it seriously. I don't see how the original post, or the topic, was a "joke" but.... I guess I should have read downwards a little more to your other comments.

In any case, if a thread needs to be closed, the best way to do that is to report a post, not start a "should another thread be closed" thread
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

Yeah, I never considered the mods when I started this. Sorry you guys...
    I guess if any thread should be locked, it's this one.
    (I'm sorry, it was a slow Saturday morning... I thought it would be fun...)
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037