• They wanna know, HO!

Losing My Best Friend: HELP!

College is a fun time, you meet lots of new people, and a few become friends. Well, one of those friends is my best friend ever, a guy who i consider to be my brother. We did stuff all the time together, he used to come into my room to hang and do stuff and we had a great time. I'd die for him. But now recently we've been drifting apart quickly, after he got a g/f he is spending very little time even talking to me in any way, yet he still hangs with his other friends here all the time. Whenever someone picks or makes fun of me, he no longer stands up for me, instead he just lets it roll like he doesn't care. He's do things to insult and hurt me, and now I've lost it. I'm looking for new friends now, and it seems that he just doesn't care. I've talked to his g/f about it (I'm good friends with her), and she's just as confused to why he's doing this. He was supposed to talk to me about him having a g/f, but he hasn't even talked to me.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Am I the only one? Is there any chance we can still be friends, or is it over?
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

Re: Losing My Best Friend: HELP!

[quote=testtrack321]College is a fun time, you meet lots of new people, and a few become friends. Well, one of those friends is my best friend ever, a guy who i consider to be my brother. We did stuff all the time together, he used to come into my room to hang and do stuff and we had a great time. I'd die for him. But now recently we've been drifting apart quickly, after he got a g/f he is spending very little time even talking to me in any way, yet he still hangs with his other friends here all the time. Whenever someone picks or makes fun of me, he no longer stands up for me, instead he just lets it roll like he doesn't care. He's do things to insult and hurt me, and now I've lost it. I'm looking for new friends now, and it seems that he just doesn't care. I've talked to his g/f about it (I'm good friends with her), and she's just as confused to why he's doing this. He was supposed to talk to me about him having a g/f, but he hasn't even talked to me.

You need to talk to him!!! My experience on losing my best friend is different, so all I can say, is talk to him. Hope things work out !

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

I would also say try and talk to him. Let him know that the friendship you have is very important to you and that you will always be there for him. Maybe he just needs some space, but if he does, he also needs to know that you will be there for him when he figures out whatever it is he needs to.

You also have to accept that college changes people. The first year of college makes people a lot different and sometimes friends grow apart. That is a natural part of life and one you may have to accept in this case. I hope you are able to reconnect with him, but I also hope you are taking the time to forge new relationships as well.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• They wanna know, HO!

thanks. i sent him a message saying i'll always be there for him and i'm happy for him, but i want him to talk to me and make the initiative since i'm always pushing the friendship forward and i think he needs to take his own time doing it this time.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

Looseing a bestfreind is hard, I Should know however my situation is diffrent we used to be inseprble but then he fell into a group of peepole whom were not a very good infulence on him and he got heavy into drugs we still hung out all the time and it was like nothing changed and then one day my mom got sick of his stuff he got fired stayed with us for a while and my mom kicked him out since then hes moved to another city and it seems and feel like hes forgotten bout me and i kinda miss him ok so now what do i do
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog