Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Parking Lot > DCA

Grand Californian Incident 10/31/11?

Hey all -

I was at the parks last night, and I left around 11 or so. I went on MouseWait this morning and someone had mentioned that there was 911 units all over the place at the Grand Californian last night at some point. First someone said a shooting (unlikely), then someone said that it may have been someone who jumped out of their room. There's nothing about it on the internet as of this morning, I searched Twitter, Google, etc. Just wondering if anyone saw these said 911 units and/or had any more information on what happened. Although I think at this point it's pretty much just a complete and utter rumor, which if that is the case mods go ahead and delete this. Thanks.

Stockton, CA..350 mi away from DLR but that never stops us!

Re: Grand Californian Incident 10/31/11?

If there was anything going down, I'm sure Disney would try and keep it on the DL.

Or it could have been something more routine but not news worthy like an angina attack or someone in general not feeling well. Hopefully nothing too serious like a heart attack or a stroke.

• -

I wonder if someone did a swan dive off of one of the balconies. The last time someone did that, they were very good at keeping it hush-hush.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Why would anyone want to take a swan dive at the happiest place on earth!

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by cakvalasc View Post
    People have demons and sometimes they deal with them without considering the consequences.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

It's only been about a year since the last one I heard of. Who knows what goes through the minds of the suicidal?

Man commits suicide by jumping off Disneyland parking structure - latimes.com

• Shubisha

I'm used to seeing random out of place vehicles at Grand Californian anyways.. seeing the grand california evacuated and people stuck outside of it in their pajamas because of a fire alarm is pretty common

• Closed Account

This is exactly what I thought!

I can't imagine anyone plotting their suicide and executing it at Disneyland.

My Dad did this in 1988, but he did it...well....not at Disneyland..

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Same reason some people react suicidally to medicine that is supposed to curb depression....

A person who has been living a nightmare and then given a break from that existence, may not have the strength to return and the fear of even the possibility of a repeat can make some souls quite desperate
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• -

The same reason they would do it anywhere. Selfishness.

It is the most selfish act that a person can do. While they think that it is solving their problems, they have no regard to the impact that it has on those that they leave behind, or in the case of public places those innocents that their actions could effect. If, hypothetically, this was a case of someone jumping and small children witnessed it, it could cause some severe trauma. However, the jumper is only thinking of themselves and not the consequences of their actions.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post

It is the most selfish act that a person can do. While they think that it is solving their problems, they have no regard to the impact that it has on those that they leave behind, or in the case of public places those innocents that their actions could effect. If, hypothetically, this was a case of someone jumping and small children witnessed it, it could cause some severe trauma. However, the jumper is only thinking of themselves and not the consequences of their actions.
    Honestly... it's hard to tell whats going on in someones head then. A friend of mine recently hung himself after an argument w/his gf on the phone... one minute he was hanging w/ friends, eating nachos and hanging out seemingly normal... less then 20 minutes later he was dead. Sometimes people just snap.

Your assigning a high level of forethought to those with suicidal thoughts. While the action itself my be "selfish", the person committing the action usually does not have the mental capacity to comprehend consequences. It's a deep, dark place that words cannot describe.

It's a delicate situation that deserves a little more understanding than "they're selfish" if that's what indeed occurred here.

---------- Post added 11-01-2011 at 01:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
    Honestly... it's hard to tell whats going on in someones head then. A friend of mine recently hung himself after an argument w/his gf on the phone... one minute he was hanging w/ friends, eating nachos and hanging out seemingly normal... less then 20 minutes later he was dead. Sometimes people just snap.
    If I took a guess, he didn't "snap". That demon was with him everywhere he went and just hid it well. That's why people take their lives in seemingly "odd" places. That demon can let lose at any time.
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

• First star to the right..

here's what i say to this...

Isn't it selfish of you to not care how the other person feels and only worry how you will feel after they die...?
    (this comes from someone diagnosed with sever depression...)

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Pan View Post
    here's what i say to this...

Isn't it selfish of you to not care how the other person feels and only worry how you will feel after they die...?
    (this comes from someone diagnosed with sever depression...)
    I just re-read my quote and I don’t see anywhere in there that I stated I don’t care how the person feels and only worry about how I feel. If you can point it out, please do. All I stated was that when people take their own lives, they are only thinking of themselves with no regard of the consequences of their actions. I couldn’t begin to imagine what the jumper is feeling. I never want to know what it is like to be at such a low point where I would take my own life.

The only thing that I was trying to say is that it is still an amazingly selfish thing to do, especially in a public place where it impacts a considerable number of people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast