• Senior Minion

Christmas tree lane .....

I was just wondering if anybody has that special neighborhood that they go to for Christmas lights and Decorations?

We have a place in Ceres, Ca that has the street lit up every year. And the city actually changed the street name too Christmas Tree Lane, I'm going to get photos of it this week.

3x loser now!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

Re: Christmas tree lane .....

there is a area of Torrance called "sleepy hallow" the whole area does lights, music and displays. multi blocks and others sell coco and coffee to those driving, walking or riding in those bike carts. As it gets closer to Christmas it can take 2-3hrs to get around. lots of cars and up tight people.
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• Senior Minion

Yea I have found that going at certain times are better then others to visit. Lots of cars at this one in Ceres also.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

there are a few places....there's an actual "christmas tree lane" in Pasadena where there are towering trees that are strung with lights, it's like you're looking up into your own christmas tree while you're in your car-quite beautiful. I love Hastings Ranch (also near Pasadena), all of the houses on the different streets coordinate their decorations. And then, in Griffith Park, they have this light festival where the water and power people of the city put up these moving light up thingies...it takes FOREVER to get through by car (a couple of hours if you're lucky) but you can also walk-through. I love lights. they're so sparkly and purty!!

• All you need is LOVE

I love Christmas

• Island Paradise

When we lived in Redondo Beach, we'd drive/walk thru that area in Torrance. It is amazing!

We have several houses in our neighborhood that go all out. One guy is a professional artist and had paints all of his yard art. It's quite stunning. If I get a chance, I'll post some pictures.

• Just Me

We have an upscale neoighborhood that goes all out every year. Haggin Oaks usually has almost every house lit up. One house goes way above and beyond. They have a walk through gingerbread house, a ride on train, hay ride, window displays, bubble machine, candy cane smell pumped into the air, ect..., this will be their last year, I guess they are selling the house. Another cul-de-sac has a stand set up selling baked goods and hot chocolate, all money collected goes to the Bakersfield Homeless Shelter.

Tonight I am taking The Boy to California Living Museum (CALM) for Lightasmic. Hubby has a night class and doesn't want to go, so this is the perfect night. I just hope that the fog isn't too bad since it is next to the Kern river.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey Girl
    We have an upscale neoighborhood that goes all out every year. Haggin Oaks usually has almost every house lit up. One house goes way above and beyond. They have a walk through gingerbread house, a ride on train, hay ride, window displays, bubble machine, candy cane smell pumped into the air, ect..., this will be their last year, I guess they are selling the house. Another cul-de-sac has a stand set up selling baked goods and hot chocolate, all money collected goes to the Bakersfield Homeless Shelter.

Tonight I am taking The Boy to California Living Museum (CALM) for Lightasmic. Hubby has a night class and doesn't want to go, so this is the perfect night. I just hope that the fog isn't too bad since it is next to the Kern river.
    Mousey Girl where is that area in Haggin Oaks I would love to take the boys to see that!!!

When I lived in Stockton we always did Meadow Street. Alot of the house were professionally done and it was gorgeous the amount of lights was staggering but beautiful. They we would go past Alex Spanos's house to see the life size Nativity.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Just Me

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    Mousey Girl where is that area in Haggin Oaks I would love to take the boys to see that!!!
    Leave your house like you are going to The Market Place from the Ming Ave side. When you turn left onto Ming from Old River/Calloway, get into the right lane. The 2nd signal is Haggin Oaks Dr, turn right. It will take you right to that one house. Make sure you drive all over that area, there are some gems tucked into the weird cul-de-sacs that are all over that area. It can take an hour or more to drive around. Mostly everything is to the right of Haggen Oaks Dr, not much going on to the left.

• Do You Wanna Get Rocked?

Blog Entries

There is a whole city block in fountain vally that does this every year! I stopped going because it's so hard to drive thru and the walk is just to long because you have to park outside the neighborhood!

• See you there!

There is an area in the Inland Empire that has so many folks trying to see it that they now make people park and walk through.

If you want to visit a freind just close to the area during that time of year you need a note to get past the road blocks.

I hope no one accidnetially buys a house in that area in July only to find out what happens in the Christmas season.

CU@DL

Andy

• Senior Minion

The one thing I miss about the Ceres location is a couple of the houses had unique settings. One was Santa's sleigh spilled all over the roof in detail! And Santa flying in an Airplane with the Propeller and all. Very detailed when they were there. I know what you mean when it comes to traffic and peak times. I have found if you go on a weekday right after work it is not so bad where we are. This is a total Christmas Tradition for over 30 years.

• Just Me

One of the cul-de-sacs in Haggin Oaks used to get together every year and do a theme. All of the houses would participate. The last year they did it it was 101 dalmations. They had every single dog. It involved 6 or 7 houses. Every year it had a Disney theme. *sigh* sadly 'tis no more.

• Senior Minion

It's kind of like Disneyland and it's changes, we look forward to seeing that special attraction or display that we know and love.

• Just Me

When these houses first went in (10-13 yrs ago) the median price was $350,000. Now these same houses are well over $750,000. I am sure the previous owners couldn't resist the selling price. This is also the same neighborhood that now has kids bused in for Halloween. The first 5 years most of them gave out full sized candy bars. Now it is expected.