Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Cool Disney Fans who DON'T Like Mickey Mouse

ORWEN: Do any of you ducklings out there happen to know someone who claims to be a Disney fan while, at the same time, says they don't care for Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck or Goofy?

ORDDU: We know such a fan in New York who, while she likes most of the Disney movies and enjoys going to the Disney theme parks, says she really can't stand Mickey Mouse! It just seems rather odd.

ORWEN: Whenever we've been to the Disney parks with this woman, she'll get excited to see the characters from The Little Mermaid or Beauty & the Beast. But if Mickey or Donald happen to wander by, she'll just turn up her nose at them as if they didn't exist. I guess she forgot that it all started with a Mouse and that, without Mickey, there wouldn't even be an Ariel or a Belle!

ORDDU: To each their own, I suppose...

• Minion

Re: Disney Fans who DON'T Like Mickey Mouse

A few years ago I didn't really care for him but he has grown on me now he is one of my 3favorite characters Mickey stitch and Duffy
    At the moment idk anyone who does not like him

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• Planning my next trip...

Blasphemy!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Considering how I am really afraid of rodents, I must admit that Mickey, Minnie, and the pokemon Pikachu are my three absolutely favorite mice. I don't fear them at all. It must be their outstanding characters.

• Iron-Clad Allie

I like Mickey well enuff. But, I question his judgement on befriending Duffy. The Mouse has chosen Duffy's friendship over me simply because his unbearably cute buddy is more marketable. *sniff* Mickey will want a real friend again someday, and that's when I'll tell him to go take a spin on the Fun Wheel!
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-20-2011 at 09:54 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Wait a minute RW. Wasn't Duffy a present from Mickey's sweetheart Minnie? Or do I need to brush up on my Duffy history?

I would say, that Mickey is definitely the "Main Mouse", and at the moment, Duffy is #1 in the Bear Department.

• Minion

I love Mickey!!

However, I do think that he has become somewhat of a stale and corporate icon instead of the mischievous mouse he originally was. If you watch Plane Crazy and some of the other early cartoons, Mickey is kind of a jerk, but at the same time he's lovable. I know it'll never happen, but I would love for Disney to start doing shorts like that again and really bring Mickey back to his original traits.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Wait a minute RW. Wasn't Duffy a present from Mickey's sweetheart Minnie? Or do I need to brush up on my Duffy history?

I would say, that Mickey is definitely the "Main Mouse", and at the moment, Duffy is #1 in the Bear Department.
    Well, Minnie's having second thoughts, too. She told me, "All that he ever talks about is Duffy this and Duffy that. Mickey's turning in to a real rat."

Pooh's upset too, as Duffy has replaced his "number 1 bear" status. Piglet writes fan letters to him daily. Eeyore jumped at the opportunity to deliver the letters. Something about Mickey and Duffy is really un-Disney like. It really stinks.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-20-2011 at 10:13 AM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Of course, I understand Duffy is only allowed in DCA. Pooh doesn't need to worry about his place in Disneyland. I'd say he's safe. Except for those who are still wearing their love for the "Country Bears" on their sleeves.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Of course, I understand Duffy is only allowed in DCA. Pooh doesn't need to worry about his place in Disneyland. I'd say he's safe. Except for those who are still wearing their love for the "Country Bears" on their sleeves.

I talked to Pooh, and he's cool with that. Thanks Barbaraann.

The Country Bears say they've been wearing their love for their fans on their paws, and that they are trying to work out a deal with Disney for a comeback at DCA.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I like Mickey, but he's not in my top 5, who are Tigger, Duffy, Figment, Pluto & Goofy. He's actually #6 on my current list, so he's definitely in the top 10.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I like Mickey, but he's not in my top 5, who are Tigger, Duffy, Figment, Pluto & Goofy. He's actually #6 on my current list, so he's definitely in the top 10.
    That's great! It should give the Mouse some much needed humility not to automatically assume he's numero uno. His head has been getting so big lately that a kid apparently mistook it for a balloon the other day.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I'm a Disney dork and I like Mickey. I have a pair of Birkenstocks my mom got me with Mickey on them. I wear them a lot to work and old people will be like "You have Mickey Mouse on your shoes..." I will completely forget he's on there. I think there are other Disney characters I like more, and a lot I like less, but I think Mickey is a fun character.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My husband bought me a really cool Hallmark ornament that lights up and plays music, and the man claims he doesn't like Disney stuff. The ornament has Mickey, Donald, and Goofy on it. I guess Mickey is almost everyone's favorite recognizable Disney character.

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    I love Mickey!!

However, I do think that he has become somewhat of a stale and corporate icon instead of the mischievous mouse he originally was. If you watch Plane Crazy and some of the other early cartoons, Mickey is kind of a jerk, but at the same time he's lovable. I know it'll never happen, but I would love for Disney to start doing shorts like that again and really bring Mickey back to his original traits.
    Absolutely agree! He is definitely more of a logo than a character these days... I wish they'd make shorts similar to how you described. Also, get rid of the 3D computer animated version, he looks awful in that form.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast