5 year anniversary party

We are having a 5 year anniversary party in march. 108 days to be exact.I need some ideas on disneyfying it. We are doing the guest book table themed Up. With balloons on the table. As well as a guest book that will be names "our adventures" that I will be making. And our card box will be a white mailbox with our handprints and names on it. But I need other ideas. We originally had a tea themed wedding so I was thinking alice/mad tea party themed cake and cake table. Any ideas would be great! Thanks in advance!

Help from anyone?

Really need help!

Re: 5 year anniversary party

Hmm fully themed Disney anniversary party? Sounds like a bit to much if you ask me. Me personally, I would just have a nice small group of just my closest family and friends. Make everyone a nice homecooked dinner and not worry about what color napkins are going on what table. Im a Disney freak as much as the next person but sometimes its possible to go a liiiiiiittle to far

• Hooterville, USA

How about characters?

Disney mp3's?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Since it is your fifth anniversary, perhaps you could theme it after the Fab 5. I am sure you could find plenty of party stuff themed to the Fab 5.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyDusty View Post
    Hmm fully themed Disney anniversary party? Sounds like a bit to much if you ask me. Me personally, I would just have a nice small group of just my closest family and friends. Make everyone a nice homecooked dinner and not worry about what color napkins are going on what table. Im a Disney freak as much as the next person but sometimes its possible to go a liiiiiiittle to far
    Obviously you dont know me. Let me give you a little background. My husband and I do not get to do very much together. Seeing as how I am disabled and he works alot. The one thing we get to do together is Disney. We both love disney. and many people we know, know that. Trust me im not caring about napkins or that crap. We want to share our love for disney with our closest friends and family. Since I am disabled Disney is the only place we go that is very handi-capable. Thats why we love going there. I have great memories of us when we first got engaged. My husband is a very loving husband and I love him for everything he does for me both financially and physcally, since I can not walk and he always lifts my scooter in and out of the car all the time.

You say just have a nice small group of family and friends. You fail to realize that some families are large. Ours alone is 40 and thats not including friends. We are having 120 people and that is small for us. I am not able to cook due to the disability. I enjoy planning this party.

I have one question for you. Whats the difference of having a disney party for a childs birthday who loves disney or having a disney party for a couples anniversary when that couple loves disney just as much or more than that child?

We appreciate and love disney. It is part of our life. We love it as a couple. So why not have a party of something we love?

• Jacob <3 Cotton Candy

Thumbs up Re: 5 year anniversary party

Hmmm...May I make a suggestion? If you want to keep it a Disney theme, Keep doing what you are doing with the UP table. For other decorating tips: To keep costs down, if you are putting tableclothes (paper or plastic) on either rectangular/circle tables, why not do them in colors that represent Disney Characters. For Example: Red, Yellow & Black for Mickey. People who know/share your love of Disney will pick up on the subtleness of it and appreciate it for what it is. Plus its a great way to get the conversation started. I went to a wedding reception once, where both bride and groom had a love of everything comics and especially Green Lantern. They tastefully did the reception tables in white and had centerpieces which consisted of white lanterns filled with green irredescent (sp?) marbles that glowed in the dark. A lot of people didn't get it, and just thought it was a nice table decoration, but those in the know immediately picked up on it.

Anyhow, I ramble on...but hope that your party turns out how you want it. You remind me of Micechatter CrazyLegs that used to post on Micechat and go to the meets back in the beginings of Micechat.
    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ