Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• The Candidate

Re: What does Christmas and the Holidays mean to you?

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    Gosh, I'd love it if my parents lived somewhere cold and snowy and festive. It would be a great Christmas trip home for the holidays every year. I would definitely leave the comfort of home for that!

I spent five Christmas seasons in Alaska when I was little....I hate having Christmas with no snow...I haven't had a white Christmas since I was 8. It's just not the same! I want at least one for my kids. We've considered getting a cabin somewhere for a long Christmas weekend...but that seems like too much work. Nicer if we could just visit grandparents with a built-in white Christmas in New York state.
    We used to go back East, but now they usually do the traveling. We are going to Palm Springs, so I hope to take the kids to play in the snow.

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by DifrntDrmr
    We used to go back East, but now they usually do the traveling. We are going to Palm Springs, so I hope to take the kids to play in the snow.
    Man, that is soooo the opposite of what I was envisioning!!

Have a great time!!

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

I asked this question of the kids yesterday. Brian's response was super cute. I wish I had taped it. He said christmas is about:

The 150 toys he is getting for christmas (it's a dream of his to get 150 toys. I better start counting. )
    Christmas cookies
    Santa Clause
    Being with family

That is only a small sampling of what he said. He talked non-stop for five minutes!

Ali's response was very much her:

She started singing Jingle Bells. I guess Christmas is an excuse for her to sing. Although I don't see how that is any different than the rest of the year.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie
    Please do not question others beliefs in this thread. We all celebrate the holidays in our own way. Be it Yule , Christmas , Kwanzaa, or Hanukkah.. the message is the same in all of them. It doesn't matter if we are Christian, Jewish, Pagan, or whatever, we all believe that this is a time that we try to bring out the better person that is in all of us. Please respect others beliefs. Thank you.
    I do not think big mama was questioning beliefs, she was just asking. I to was wondering, what other beliefs believed how this day came into being. we all have questions Big Mama is my mom, she is sweet and kind and when you get to know her you will love her!!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    I do not think big mama was questioning beliefs, she was just asking. I to was wondering, what other beliefs believed how this day came into being. we all have questions Big Mama is my mom, she is sweet and kind and when you get to know her you will love her!!
    I have a thread called 'The Holiday Thread' that is on here. If you are curious to know where the holidays historically came from, please look there.

This thread is for exactly what the title says. What does Christmas and the Holidays mean to you. I'm sure that she's a wonderful person, but her post was inappropriate for this thread.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Gay Man

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama
    If it isn`t about Christ, What is the reason for the season?????
    I think I answered that in my post - what it means to me. And, I also listed what it is NOT about to me. I'm not sure how I was unclear in my post.

• The Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    Man, that is soooo the opposite of what I was envisioning!!

Have a great time!!
    I know, we're "different." There is six of us total out here, so it is easier (and cheaper) to get the two of them here. I've suggested Tahoe, but I guess when you live in the snow, a White Christmas isn't all that romantic.
    Last edited by DifrntDrmr; 12-16-2005 at 07:02 PM.

• Happy Memories

It's not about the gifts or the food or any of that other stuff. Those are all nice, but it's really about an intangible feeling of joy that can be felt during this time of year. It's unfortunate that we all can get so caught up in hustle, bustle and stress (myself included). I live for those rare moments spent snuggling by the fire place or strolling about on a cold evening looking at light displays and sipping on a warm beverage. As a native of Florida I've never experienced a white Christmas before. i think that's something I really want to do some day.

• MiceChat News Team

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb
    It's not about the gifts or the food or any of that other stuff. Those are all nice, but it's really about an intangible feeling of joy that can be felt during this time of year. It's unfortunate that we all can get so caught up in hustle, bustle and stress (myself included). I live for those rare moments spent snuggling by the fire place or strolling about on a cold evening looking at light displays and sipping on a warm beverage. As a native of Florida I've never experienced a white Christmas before. i think that's something I really want to do some day.

I'm like you. In my 36 years here in the San Francsico Bay area, we have only had snow once. It was only a light powdering and it was gone in a few hours, but it was still nice. (Starts humming 'I'm dreaming of a white christmas')

• Banned User

you both need to take a road trip to montana, we are full of the white stuff. today is snowed a bit but its sure pretty. Yeah, a white christmas, I never knew any other. its so cool to go look at the lights and see all the homes decorated. the funny thing is, those snow globes that are so popular now, they frost all up and you can not see anything. its so cold here that with the motor running a bit og heat and them things are useless. I love to look at them but around here, there not a good thing.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Well you all are welcome at my house for Christmas.....
    We've got snow!! I'm all about time spent together, enjoyment and a magical spirit. It means some years we are still decorating on Christmas Eve because we've had other plans.
    No stress or drama, just a time to remember what is important, each other and good quality time, whatever else gets done is icing on the cake!

• Circle of Ancients

Wow! Good question and a hard one to answer with words that really express it.

For me, it's definitely about the anticipation of the birth of Christ. I love going to church year round , but especially dduring Advent season when we read lots of familiar scriptures and sing some of my favorite hymns. And I especially love the candlelight service on Christmas Eve and singing Silent Night in a huge circle with all of the people who attend.

I also love all the customs and traditions and building memories with my family year after year. I love all the lights inside and outside the house because it's such a dark time of year with the days being so short in December.

And I love that at this time of year people feel compelled to help those who are less fortunate and really need help all year long. It makes me glad to know that they get more food and gifts and money in December than any other month. I also love that it gives us a specific time to give gifts to people who are really special to us....our relatives, teachers, ministers, service people, etc.

• MiceChat News Team

Blog Entries

Just wanted to thank those of you who posted for telling us what the season means to you. Have a happy and safe holiday season.

• horsin' around!

nevermind...

• horsin' around!

lol ignore that last post..i meant to p.m. something & accidentally put it up here..so i changed it quick! lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast