Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: What are your gift giving traditions?

I forgot one...

My guy friend and I share a bag of holiday M&M's every year. We did it one time as a joke because he loves red M&M's and I love the green ones. It's been a traditionf or us ever since.

• My cuties!

We do the one gift Christmas Eve too. Have any of you read the books about Santa Mouse? I grew up with them and we'd get Santa Mouse presents wrapped with a yellow ribbon hidden on the tree. I started buying ornaments for the twins as their Santa Mouse gifts. This year they are getting Mickey Mouse head ones.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

As of late, since I have grown up, my folks and I have just opened our presents on Christmas Eve.

• Lights on Nobody Home

Christmas eve at our house is pretty low key. Usually DS opens his Grandma box (Small trinkets from Grandma with a book) and PJ's from me. Christmas morning he has a free for all with the stocking, pushes the coffee button, waters the dog and wakes us up. The Baked French toast goes in the oven and he scampers around under the tree passing out gifts. This will be a year of changing traditions as my mom passed away. We will keep some to honor her and change some to make it easier to deal with missing her. It will all work out to be a wonderful day no matter what happens. We may go to friends CHristmas eve or stay home, not too sure yet on that.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Our traditons are untraditional. It varies from year to year. Since one of my jobs is working at a hospital I frequently have to work the holiday. I will only work one or the other however. So depending on my work schedule we do our Christmas on Christmas eve or Christmas day. Now that daugther AND boyfriend are in the picture it depends on when and if we can schedule around all of the work schedules. But no matter what day we do it, I insist that during the opening of presents the tv is off and Christmas music is being played!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

my sister's birthday is the 24th, so every christmas eve in the afternoon we would celebrate her birthday, then we'd have dinner, then after we would open our presents. then the 25th we'd have new presents to open. This year, going to vegas to see my mom and sister for the first time since 1999 that all three of us will be together as for traditions of my own, don't have any as of yet..

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Well, we don't really have any traditions anymore... We go to one grandparents one year and the other the next and just open gifts.

But when I was young, ooh boy. I'd always be the first one up, way too excited to sleep! I'd try to read until about 5 minutes before the agreed upon time for everyone to get up, then run in and wake up my parents. My brother'd usually be up by then too.

First we'd ooh and ahh over the tree, plug it in (the only day it was allowed to be lit all day!) and turn on the local radio station that was playing Christmas tunes all day. We'd claim our usual spots (bro and I on each end of the couch, mom in the rocking chair, dad in the "kings" chair)and then my bro and I would hand out stockings. We'd open our first, then my mom and dad. We'd eat the candy in our stockings as they opened theirs.

Then was the fun part... presents!! Again, that was my bro and my job. Then he and I would take turns, opening one present at at time. THen it was the parent's turn. After, we'd scatter to playn with our new stuff, while my dad made omlettes. Mmm. Later on we'd have a ham dinner.

such good memories!!!
    Last year we went to a Chinese restauarant... just not the same!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• My cuties!

Last year we went to a Chinese restauarant... just not the same!
    Just like A Christmas Story!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

This year will be different since we've moved and don't have friends and family close anymore.

But the boys always open one present on Christmas Eve, usually pj's(I always got new pj's as a kid too)We always had "open house" on Christmas Eve where our friends and some family would just stop in throughout the day and evening and I would put out a spread of snacks, munchies and other good "finger foods" We give out our cookies to our neighbors that day and our friends would get their cookies too. All the boys friends int he neighborhood would come over and do a gift exchange and decorate/frost Christmas cookies on Christmas Eve too. Oh and there would be Christmas specials on tv alllllll day long.

Christmas morning the boys get up and go through their stockings first and they both pop a piece a chocolate in their mouths asap
    Then they go through what Santa brough(santa gifts are unwrapped) and then we start in on the wrapped gifts. We always watch the Disney Christmas Parade too. After the hoopla has died done abit I try and get them to eat(usually cinnamon rolls or monkey bread)and I start on Chrismtas Dinner.

The Christmas Day stuff will be the same this year, but Chrismtas Eve will just be us and my sister and nephew. Still good though

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12